Worst A.C. game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing as an old assasin wasnt much fun, i felt he was going to have a heart attack when he was climbing buildings Lol.

I think that was pretty much the point of the sequences with the old Altair. Having played his adventures back in the first game, I felt it was a nice way to come full circle and a nice touch of the developers to include this as part of the gameplay.

In no way does that little sequence make this "the worst Assassin's Creed game" though.

Im playing through game right now.. been savoring is to space out my ACs since i started late. With acIII soon i started this one finally, since i got it on a great BB sale! Anyways... im up to like seq 3.. probally close to 4 but i been exploring everywhere, have all towers but 1, almost all dens done, found and bought almost all places.. and it just dont feel like ac2 or BH. No horses? No different maps/towns to go to? The city looks good but just doesnt have that FEEL that venice and such did. This almost feels like a huge DLC.. i cant really explain it, just bland in comparison to the other 2. Ill have all master thieves soon and guess ill go back to story, which is also bland compared to ac2 and bh with its different characters. Maybe it will pick up soon and get more interesting.. but i doubt it.

I feel like I'm playing AC1 whenever I play ACR. The city is very familiar, the architecture and textures really remind me of Damascus. The annoying female beggars are back, along with re-used animations, having the whole crowd look exactly the same. The guards also react in the same way as in AC1, that is attacking you with no prior provocation. AI wise, it feels that AC1 and ACR share the same engine, that is different from AC2 and ACB.

Unfortunately, AC1 is my least favorite game in the series, and I don't like it that ACR shares so many similarities with it.

Oddly, I had thought ACII was much better that Revelations while I was playing, but my daughter started playing ACII a week or so ago, and in helping her I can really feel the improvements they made. Revelations is much, much better, but the storyline was no where near ACII.

The original Assassin's Creed is by far the worst from a gameplay stand point, but I consider that game to be more of an experiment than anything else, which they improved drastically upon in the sequel. Revelations has been the least enjoyable single-player Assassin's Creed experience for me, it just felt tired and tacked on, so it was vital for me that they're attempting to freshen things up in Assassin's Creed 3.

It wasn't as great of a game as the previous two, but it definitely wasn't a bad game in my opinion and I enjoyed it nonetheless. I liked playing as old Ezio - after the first two parts of his life, this actually felt like a conclusion, and not like AC1 where you end the game/story when Altair is still so young. It was smoother than the other two and had its own little story and amazing city.

It was definately not as good as Brotherhood (which was my favourite), but it definately wasn't bad.

Its hard to say really, depends what you want out of the game.

Each of the 3 Ezio games (wont include AC1 cos that just not fair) excels in different areas for me.

AC2 Free Running and Scale/Size of the Maps, but little challenge in combat.

ACB Improved on the combat system and enemy AI, but not so good on the free running.

ACR Back to AC2 free running style with tougher AI again and some new combat styles, although the smallest map of the 3.

Thats just a brief summary and all imo.

damn...i bought AC:R when it came out and haven't played it, not looking forward to it with all the negative comments..

dont worry about others opinions.

I think ACR is equal to previous AC2 and ACB because all of them are the same. ACB added new stuff and ACR added more. I think ACR is really great game with new additions except that mini game you attack/defend cities is flowing too fast. You have to check it often to hold money and items ( they work just like banks and give you stuff each 20 minutes ). Other than that, ACR is just the same as AC2 and ACB with more stuff.

I think developers just thought "its not broken, why fix it?" and I think they thought in the right way and just added new hobbies like bombs. I enjoyed the game alot. Only thing it lacks is the story, its short and almost everything is blurry, nothing is explained well ( I dont mean its a mess, I mean it doesnt feed your hunger )

Also, there was someone saying AI was like AC1, thats really absurd because in AC1 all guards were just waiting you to attack when you enter combo, but in ACR they try to break your combo so fast, faster than ACB ( in AC2 enemies were like in AC1 )

Oddly, I had thought ACII was much better that Revelations while I was playing, but my daughter started playing ACII a week or so ago, and in helping her I can really feel the improvements they made. Revelations is much, much better, but the storyline was no where near ACII.

just like this, people think highly of old stuff because of emotinal ties but when they realize the reality they accept (sometimes still decline ) it.

ACII was the best for me, in terms of story, gameplay and trophies.

I actually preferred Revalations to Brotherhood though, maybe because the story answered everything left in Brotherhood......and the online in brotherhood was rubbish, i didn't bother trying to plat it

The series has taken big steps since AC1. As innovative as it was in '07, I would still replay AC2, ACB, ACR before replaying AC1. As far as gameplay is concerned, the last three games took the baton and ran so to speak. Ezio was a more interesting protagonist too IMO.

I intend to replay all of them prior to AC3 coming out. Want to make sure my memory is fresh on all that happens prior to the end of Desmond's saga.