A Friend Indeed Problem, Solution?

I've just noticed that this trophy is still locked for me, even though I've completely finished the Mercenary, Thief, Bomb and Assassin Challenges... (in a number of sittings)

I've obviously met the requirements for the trophy, but now I'm afraid to finish the Romani challenge set in case it still doesn't work and that's me essentially screwed into starting a new save.

This doesn't seem to be related to the issue that some people have been having with 11/12 assassin recruits, as I've got the full 12/12.

Any suggestions? :(

UPDATE: Well, I've just finished the game with 100% sync and I have every trophy except this one... so that's just dandy. I'm sorry to anyone who ends up here with the same problem as I don't have a solution for you, but another user in another thread mentioned a random trophy popping the second they turned the game on - so I might just try that 100 times as I really can't be assed doing it all again so that it can not work, again. :(

Edited by Farez

I must have been extremely lucky throughout my adventure with PS3 so far, as no trophy has ever glitched on me (although i've followed all the anti-glitch guides i could find), and this particular trophy unlocked for me on the bomb challenges, which is actually pretty known to glitch out.

Have you tried deleting the game data - but not the save data - and reinstalling the game?

I've just noticed that this trophy is still locked for me, even though I've completely finished the Mercenary, Thief, Bomb and Assassin Challenges... (in a number of sittings)

i got "A Friend Indeed" right after i got

The Mentor: Have seven trainees reach the rank of Master Assassin.

which also gives challenge of den defense x3 once get all Master Assassin's den defense won't happen anymore!

Really sure you finished all Sets of the Challenge not just one set! or sure not missing something else?

And the 100% Game Sync has nothing to do with Secondary Memories!

Ever sync trophies lately i tried checking!

I must have been extremely lucky throughout my adventure with PS3 so far, as no trophy has ever glitched on me (although i've followed all the anti-glitch guides i could find), and this particular trophy unlocked for me on the bomb challenges, which is actually pretty known to glitch out.

Have you tried deleting the game data - but not the save data - and reinstalling the game?

I've actually been quite lucky overall as well, generally avoiding most of the problems that plague other people. (other than Splinter Cell HD :mad:) Even my Fallout 3 save, which is now 14MB, works perfectly fine.

I have tried the reinstall, but no dice. I also tried starting and quitting the game like I said I would around 20 times but still no luck... think I might be looking at a fresh save at this rate. Gonna play the Lost Archive DLC before I delete everything and start over though, see if it randomly pops during that.

i got "A Friend Indeed" right after i got

The Mentor: Have seven trainees reach the rank of Master Assassin.

which also gives challenge of den defense x3 once get all Master Assassin's den defense won't happen anymore!

Really sure you finished all Sets of the Challenge not just one set! or sure not missing something else?

And the 100% Game Sync has nothing to do with Secondary Memories!

Ever sync trophies lately i tried checking!

I absolutely have, trust me. 7/7 for the main faction, and 10/10 for the rest. I play these games near religiously, and there definitely isn't anything left for me to do other than the DLC. I even made the effort to get all of the multiplayer emblems in the Desmond sequences even though I don't play online!

And no I haven't synced recently. ;) It'll probably sound daft, but I don't sync a game until I'm completely done with it. It's in case I get the yellow light and have to redo a whole game just to get like two or three trophies. I'd rather get them all again as it'd be a better incentive to replay it... And because I've got a 60GB launch model still going strong, that kinda fuels my fear of an imminent YLOD. Has to happen eventually!

Does that make any sense? :rolleyes:

Edited by Farez

And no I haven't synced recently. ;) It'll probably sound daft, but I don't sync a game until I'm completely done with it. It's in case I get the yellow light and have to redo a whole game just to get like two or three trophies. I'd rather get them all again as it'd be a better incentive to replay it... And because I've got a 60GB launch model still going strong, that kinda fuels my fear of an imminent YLOD. Has to happen eventually!

Does that make any sense? :rolleyes:

I sync everytime i stop playing a game for the day! Cause i fear something like that or save glitches or whatever could happen! Someone can't help if can't really see trophies! And with few of the MP trophies what if servers go down permanently!

Could copy saves to USB and try for that faction challenges you have left?

or

Delete patches and don't download patches is what i keep seeing!

Maybe if know someone else with ps3 try on someone elses ps3? don't download patches! This games two files can be copied to USB! which one of the Challenges think would be the easiest if start a 2nd user?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delayed reply, I was on an extended holiday! :)

Like I said before, I don't play online so I don't worry too much about the MP trophies no longer being available. :p Regarding the single player ones, it makes it so that if I were to get the YLOD I wouldn't necessarily feel the need to start the game over with my new console, as it'd be like I'd never played the game in question so I can just move on to something else for a while and not have that nagging thought in my head reminding me that I have something unfinished...

Writing it down though... does sound like a bit of nonsense, eh? :rolleyes:

Could copy saves to USB and try for that faction challenges you have left?

Not an option as I've finished every faction completely.

Delete patches and don't download patches is what i keep seeing!

Tried that a couple of times, but the game wouldn't start without the patches installed; just said something like; 'required DLC missing'. Probably something to do with Vlad's sword...

Maybe if know someone else with ps3 try on someone elses ps3?

Too much effort lol. :whistle:

This games two files can be copied to USB! which one of the Challenges think would be the easiest if start a 2nd user?

I was aware of the USB backup option, and I figured that the thief challenges would be the easiest to do over as they require very little funding at all. Happy to report that it took me 2 hours and 26 mins to start a fresh save, get to Sequence 3.2 and finish all of the thief challenges again. They aren't actually very time consuming if you're focusing on them alone... :)

It could easily be done faster as I wasted time trying to complete the challenges before they actually unlock (upon completion of 3.1), I did the thief faction HQ mission which isn't necessary at all, I re-watched all of the cutscenes instead of skipping them, and I went for 100% sync in every mission again for no reason. :p

So yeah, trophy unlocked and they're all synced now; free for anyone to examine if they wish. To anyone who may end up in this situation, just do what I did and save yourself the hassle of trying a number of alternative methods, it's faster. :p And to the guys in this thread who offered me some suggestions, I appreciate it! :)

Edited by Farez

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The only thing that usually fixes this is deleting your game, reinstalling and starting over. I would go ahead and finish the game, get all other trophies and sync them. After you reinstall the game just focus on one set of challenges, whatever's easiest, shouldn't take to very long to do just one. Still, regardless what you have to redo or how fast it is, it still sucks to have to go back and do something you have already completed. If you want to keep your completed game save just put it on the cloud or USB until you get the last trophy then reinstall it. Good luck, hope you all get it worked out without to much extra trouble.