Desmond Memories Crash

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might sound weird, but have you tried walking into the portal a bit more? I had a similar issue where I walked in, but the screen stayed white and wouldn't load the sequence. Turned out that I was still in the Animus Island and needed to walk in a bit further to get it to register.

• 4 weeks later...
The game has frozen on me a few times whilst loading 'Desmond Sequence 2'. The screen goes black and I can't use the PS button to restart the game. Any solutions?

Solution: Collect at least 15 fragments to unlock the 3rd Desmond Sequence, then complete it. Go back to the second sequence and it will now load. Hope this helps anyone who has this glitch. ;)

Anyone getting this? I tried to access the first Desmond sequence and the screen fades to black and sits there. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm getting this with Seq 3

Edit: I went ahead and Did Seq 4 then went and did Seq 3 again and it worked fine.

Edited by Tparsons5150

I had this problem twice last night, entered the portal and a message popped up asking if i wanted to do desmond sequence one, so i clicked yes and the screen faded black the music was still on but nothing else.

Sat and waited for 5mins and nothing, couldnt power down from joypad so had to switch the PS3 of at the console.

Tried it again and it did the same so i just played some more of the Ezio sequence.

Hope the Desmond ones work ok later in the game.

My game froze in the start of desmond sequence 3 and 4. It havent froze anywhere else when i played the singleplayer so might be a common bug.

After i restarted and tryed again both times there was no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

While saving after completing Desmond 4 my PS3 froze and my file was corrupted and would not let me start Desmond 5. Whenever I clicked X to start it would freeze. It froze 15 times. This was my last trophy to earn Platinum. Rather than give up, I downloaded my save file from the prior night off the PS+ Cloud, and it worked. I now have the Desmond 5 trophy. PS+ saved my game, my platinum and my sanity. I will now support PS+ for LIFE.

Had a fade to black glitch last night... in start of game where you follow guy and you have to climb up FIRST big tower and jump off.. before you learn to use zip lines... well it went black and i could see mini map only and could move around but everything else was black. Had to restart memeory and then it wasnt black anymore.

Just now got black screen freeze, Desmond seq 1.. finished it and trophy poped and it froze with the trophy up top right and black screen... had to reboot...

Hope i dont have to redo seq 1.. was kinda boring.. nothing worth playing it cept learning desmond grew up on farm as a child? Rather had him and subject 16 doing dialog to learn this.

No idea either. Had the same problem yesterday a few times in different Desmond sequences (crash on loading). The last one was the worst, had to restart the console twice. But eventually I got there, now to the normal gameplay. If not for the trophies, I'd just skip this boring "Tetris" - got enough of this BS in the Archive.