Need help with "Lightning Strike" trophy

Somehow, I got "I can see you", but not this one. Now, every time I try, those tougher guys show up (the ones that mix swords with guns and have double-sized life bars), so I can't kill them with on hit.

Can anyone suggest a good sequence or mission to replay to get this? It seems impossible now, because those tougher guys always show up, no matter what I do.

"I Can See You" simply requires you to kill five guards under the cover of a smoke screen, "Lightning Strikes" requires you to kill five guards in 5 seconds.

As long as you aren't in open conflict, killing these "tougher guys" (I think you're referring to the Janissaries with the sword/gun combo) shouldn't be a problem. Use a Cherry Bomb to lure two sets of guards into a corner if you need to, then walk up, drop the smoke bomb and do your assassinations.

Use a Cherry Bomb to lure two sets of guards into a corner if you need to, then walk up, drop the smoke bomb and do your assassinations.

Problem with that is that the trophy requires 5 quick kills, so luring two guards does nothing to help with this.

I tried killing the Janniserie of a group, then using a smoke bomb for the rest, but more Janniseries show up and break my chain. This also puts me in open conflict. I can get two kills first (usually the Janniserie and another), then drop smoke and kill more, but another Janniserie always somehow appears and interrupts my flow.

Is it possible this is glitched? I just got a group and was able to kill one Janniserie, then had 5 guards and another Janniserie. I killed a guard, then used the thing where you point the left stick towards an enemy and press :square: to instant kill him, and did that for the other four guards before the Janniserie got into it, but never go the trophy.

I have tried doing it with smoke, but I keep jumping up and stabbing them, which takes too long to recover from, so I can't get to the next quick enough.

This trophy is really driving me nuts.

Edited by DarqueDragon

The kill combo won't work because it's not fast enough. I got this on one of the Peri Reis missions that require you to use a smoke bomb on five guards.

When they're all stunned, you need to use the hidden blade to kill two of them at once, and you need to do this twice before taking out the final one. Doing them one at a time isn't quick enough.

Best place to do this trophy and "Mosh Pit" is at the northwest point of the lower map area(Constantine North).

For Mosh Pit, check out this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2_tl6MxEc]Assassin's Creed Revelations - Mosh Pit Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

For Lightning Strikes, check out this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFP-F_7Qo4]Assassin's Creed Revelations - Lightning Strikes & I can see you Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube[/ame]

I did both of the trophies exactly like this and can confirm that each works perfectly.

Edited by RSheb

This one also took me a bit. I just tried to find 2 or more sets (of 4 guards each) of like regular guards. Usually a patrolling one and a stationary one. If you are having a tough time find some. British gun powder. It increases the range. Also make sure you use your Hidden blade. Lure the groups close to each other. Smoke me them step up to the quickly and mash attack. Alternatively you can have enemies chase u and surround u. Then drop the smoke and mash attack.

Ste

Edited by whenthetidalhits

The video has not helped me, and I swear this is glitched. I did exactly like the video said, and even tried where another suggested (in the Janniserie camp). I throw the cherry bomb, pop the smoke, jump down, and get 3 double kills in a row, but no trophy pops.

I even tried deleting the update data and playing offline to get it, thinking maybe the update glitched it. Still did not work.

For the last hour, I should have gotten this countless times. I keep getting either two double kills and a single or three double kills (all before the smoke clears) and no trophy is popping.

This trophy is seriously annoying me.

The video has not helped me, and I swear this is glitched. I did exactly like the video said, and even tried where another suggested (in the Janniserie camp). I throw the cherry bomb, pop the smoke, jump down, and get 3 double kills in a row, but no trophy pops.

I even tried deleting the update data and playing offline to get it, thinking maybe the update glitched it. Still did not work.

For the last hour, I should have gotten this countless times. I keep getting either two double kills and a single or three double kills (all before the smoke clears) and no trophy is popping.

This trophy is seriously annoying me.

the smoke shouldnt matter. the smoke just makes it easier to do. being able to kill 5 guards in smoke is needed for the "I Can See You" trophy.

another thing you can try is using caltrops instead. gather a large group of enemies near you/chasing you. as they get closer. toss some caltrops on the ground. Then move in to get some hidden blade kills.

the point is trying to get 5 hidden blade kills right away. smoke helps, but technically isnt absolutely necessary.

have you ever played on another machine? does syncing your trophies fix anything? that seems to have happened to other people before, from what ive read. they didnt realize they unlocked it already and forgot to sync.

alternatively, if you havent already done so. you can try taking your save, putting it on another ps3 that you havent played on yet. assumes you have a 2nd ps3, or have access to one (a friends). since the game will be a fresh install, hopefully it will think that you havent unlocked the trophy yet. then you can attempt to do the trophy and see if it pops. then just sync your account. i had to do this with a few games, like Buzz! and Sims 3. where some trophies should have unlocked before other ones, because they were like progression based. but for some reason, the earlier ones did not pop even tho the later ones did (which logically shouldnt make sense. for example, how can i get a trophy for doing something 100 times, and NOT get a trophy for doing it 10 times. <_<).

playing the game on another ps3, where the trophies had not been previously installed, usually fixed my problems. in some cases, i didnt even have to do anything. the game read it as me having completed the tasks, and popped up all the trophies in the correct order. in other cases, i just repeated the task required to get the trophy and it popped. then you just sync the trophies back to your original/main PS3/account.

worst case scenario... if you are desperate to get this... back up your save file. delete everything (patch, game data, game save) and start new game... :( but of course, i would recommend doing this after you get everything else. this is the suckiest option, but might be the only one you have left if nothing else works. sorry dude :-\

Ste

Well, I don't have access to another PS3, but I will try the Caltrop thing. I think I may have actually thought of the problem. I can't stop Ezio from jumping at them!

When I get the double kills, usually the second set, he leaps into the air to kill them, which wastes time. I can't manage to set it up so he just puts his arms out to kill them. It has to be set up perfectly, and I can't seem to do it. I will try the caltops thing, as even with Eagle Vision, seeing through the smoke is annoying. And, I already have the trophy for killing five under smoke, so I don't need to use smoke to kill them.

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully, it works, but this seems like it will end up being the last single player trophy I will need.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, Phantom. I am on the same ground level as them, but when I go to strike at two of them, he does that little hop stab kill. This is what is costing me time, but I can't get him into the proper spot fast enough, as it seems to be that you have to have Ezio placed perfectly between them before attacking, and I can't get him to do the kill where he points his arms out.

I can get him to do that the first time, but then he always hops at the next two, which takes up time.

Basically, I have to keep doing it and hope the game decides not to have him hop at any of the double kills?

Edit: Okay, now I KNOW I am screwed. I just popped a smoke and did 3 standing double assassinations, and got nothing. Somehow, this trophy glitched on me, and I have no way to reset the trophy data, because I only have 1 PS3. It seems I will never earn the platinum for this one, and that just sucks!

Does anyone know of any way for someone who only owns 1 PS3 to correct this problem, or am I screwed?

Edited by DarqueDragon

I'm not sure, maybe your third assassination was outside of the 5 second mark? I just did it, hopefully I can help. All I did was I found two groups of 4 guards whose patrol came close to eachother, and threw a cherry bomb in between them. I made sure it was against a wall, though I'm not sure if it made a difference. This caused all 8 of them to group very close together. Dropped some smoke and mashed the stab button, I killed them all within 5 seconds I think lol.

Hopefully your trophy isn't glitched.

I'm not sure, maybe your third assassination was outside of the 5 second mark? I just did it, hopefully I can help. All I did was I found two groups of 4 guards whose patrol came close to eachother, and threw a cherry bomb in between them. I made sure it was against a wall, though I'm not sure if it made a difference. This caused all 8 of them to group very close together. Dropped some smoke and mashed the stab button, I killed them all within 5 seconds I think lol.

Hopefully your trophy isn't glitched.

This was actually suggested in one of the videos, but it didn't work for me. I could swear I should have gotten this trophy at least 5 times by now, but no luck. I hope it pops eventually, or it will be the only one stopping me from platinum. :(

I did that. I used both videos and, as far as I can tell, did it perfectly.

The last time I did it I had 3 double kills in a row, all with Ezio standing between them and putting his arms out.

I have lost count of how many times I have tried this, but I just can't get it. I am on Cappadocia now, so it is too late to get it anyway, because it doesn't seem like I can go back to the Constantinople (didn't realize Cappa was a separate map), so unless I see a way to get it here, I think I am screwed.

I did that. I used both videos and, as far as I can tell, did it perfectly.

The last time I did it I had 3 double kills in a row, all with Ezio standing between them and putting his arms out.

I have lost count of how many times I have tried this, but I just can't get it. I am on Cappadocia now, so it is too late to get it anyway, because it doesn't seem like I can go back to the Constantinople (didn't realize Cappa was a separate map), so unless I see a way to get it here, I think I am screwed.

You are fine. Next chapter is back to the main map. Do not worry about doing all the things you need to do on the island either. There is a way to get back there via boat or by replaying a memory.

As far as this trophy goes, remember the time limit. If you have him putting both arms out, you are doing it correctly, you just have to do it fast enough. 5 seconds is no time for error since the animation is not short for a double kill. You can not get a double kill then walk around for a second do the next and walk around before next. That is why you need them all in a tight area.

Edited by GatorBeerGeek

They were all in a tight area. I was going to the place in the upper-left of the map (one of the mosques, but I can't remember the name of it). There were 4 guards inside standing around and another 4 walking in a circle. I throw my cherry bomb and they all huddle together, then drop the smoke, drop to them, and start stabbing. This was how I got the three doubles in a row. I never even moved in between kills. I just kept hitting :square: and he kept killing.

I will keep trying this, but my fear is that it is somehow glitched on me and will never unlock. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having problems with this one too, pretty sure i did the requirements multiple times last night.

I was doing the master assassin mission where you have to assassinate the actress before your apprentice. I killed her then got swarmed by about 20 templars so i spammed the smoke bombs, and did about 6 double assassinations on the bounce.

So i'm sitting there thinking thats it another trophy done and nothing pops. :confused:

Did the mission again same drill and still didnt pop. :mad:

Got it after a few tries. Replayed Sophia's memory (where we steal her painting from a guarded ship). 4 guards on the stairs, 2 patrolling, some other dudes nearby. So we can get at least 6 guards close enough to each other after a cherry bomb (from the left corner behind the front line and the backs of the patrol guys), then throw a smoke screen bomb in the middle of the pack, run towards them - and then FORGET about R1 button. High profile double assassination takes too much time, starting aerial double kill didn't work for me either. Eagle vision (and your own killer instincts) should help a lot. Finally got it in 1-2-2 succession.

Don't worry about glitches, although I've had some doubts, too. If you've unlocked some other offline trophies successfully, there's nothing to worry about, just the timing - which is a severe PitA.

Used to have the same problem, this is what I did and got it in my first try, Ive uninstalled the patch 1.04, reinstalled it again. Went to try out a new place (Topkapi), used a cherry bomb and one smoke on 10 guards, Ive stroke from the ground floor, got 2-2-2 and my trophy popped. Good luck

xDevilizer

Got it after a few tries. Replayed Sophia's memory (where we steal her painting from a guarded ship). 4 guards on the stairs, 2 patrolling, some other dudes nearby. So we can get at least 6 guards close enough to each other after a cherry bomb (from the left corner behind the front line and the backs of the patrol guys), then throw a smoke screen bomb in the middle of the pack, run towards them - and then FORGET about R1 button. High profile double assassination takes too much time, starting aerial double kill didn't work for me either. Eagle vision (and your own killer instincts) should help a lot. Finally got it in 1-2-2 succession.

Don't worry about glitches, although I've had some doubts, too. If you've unlocked some other offline trophies successfully, there's nothing to worry about, just the timing - which is a severe PitA.

Thanks for this :applause:

I did it last night on this mission, took a couple of tries but it popped.

I went to the right from the starting point and up the little steps that you start a freerun on. Stood at the top of these, then threw a cherry bomb down behind the 4 stationary guards, it drew a crowd of 8 so i hoyed in a couple of smoke bombs and went to town. :dance: