AC 3 set to be released October?!

This. It's been in production for like two years.

Actually, it's been in production for 3 years as of February 15th, 2012 or so. It was being made even before AC II and Brotherhood were released. So by October, we'll be looking at a game that's been in production for a good 3 years and 8 months.

Actually, it's been in production for 3 years as of February 15th, 2012 or so. It was being made even before AC II and Brotherhood were released. So by October, we'll be looking at a game that's been in production for a good 3 years and 8 months.

I wasn't aware of that... Well hey! Now I'm excited!

Perhaps we get to kill ol Benedict Arnold? I can see that happening...

why is it when games or movies come out people "think" they must be trilogy's? Sersiously its stupid to assume such things especially since this was never ever spoken of by any devloper from ubi.....

Maybe because it is a trilogy? There are more than 3 games in the series and their stories are directly linked to each other in some way.

why is it when games or movies come out people "think" they must be trilogy's? Sersiously its stupid to assume such things especially since this was never ever spoken of by any devloper from ubi.....

It's not what I "think", It's what ubisoft stated the series would be. Maybe you should have done bit of research before stating what other people "think".

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive fan of the series and completed each game 100% since the first (all flags, all feathers, 100% villa etc) and I even have the books! but I rather a game go out with a bit of originality instead of being milked to the point that no one will even buy it anymore.

The first game was fantastic, beautiful graphics, great controls and excellent gameplay (although repetitive but still original). Then we moved on to the second game in the series, this one corrected all of the first games flaws and improved the game greatly, introducing a great new assassin and making the story more interesting. Then comes the "fillers", the last 2 games seem to have been frozen in time, nothing at all has changed except the story, although the games are amusing and I love the online feature they introduced, I still think they are just tossing out games for a quick penny.

I have seen the trailer for 3 and it looks great but I hope they leave it as that and let the game end with a bit of dignity.

Also, here is a little quote from a director of the series, since you stated they never mentioned it.

Assassin's Creed is the story of one man reliving the lives of his ancestors. Altaïr was the middle of a very very long time-line. There are still many places to explore. Assassin's Creed has always been planned to be a trilogy, and Desmond is going back in time, using the Animus to eventually become the ultimate Assassin.

It was well known among fans who have been following the series from the start that it would be a trilogy.

Edited by drezzal

Maybe because it is a trilogy? There are more than 3 games in the series and their stories are directly linked to each other in some way.

A trilogy doesnt mean "more than 3" it means exactly 3 :whistle:

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Bloodlines

(well we already hit 3 games.... Guess its NOT a trilogy)

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed Revelations

Assassins Creed III

well that makes SIX(6)not counting DS games and every one's story is related

It's not what I "think", It's what ubisoft stated the series would be. Maybe you should have done bit of research before stating what other people "think".

Funny all i see are your words and no links from UBisoft(not Wikipedia) that confirms any of that nonesense.

Here is something from Ubi though

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/assassins-creed-can-carry-on-forever-says-ubisoft/

“Assassin's Creed is a big brand not just for us, but for the industry,” said Ubisoft senior VP of sales and marketing Tony Key . “It's the third game in the Ezio trilogy and [players] want to see how it ends. One of the key things is the storyline for Ezio and Altair that Assassin's Creed: Revelations ties up in a bow.”

“The meta story is supposed to be carried on forever,” he added. “We can go on with this brand where we want to – that's the exciting part about the way it's constructed. As we've said all along, this is the end of Ezio's story arch; it's a great place to jump in the franchise and anyone who has played the previous games should have some satisfaction with the answers they get at the end.”

Edited by dz06lt

Okay, why do you guys care if it's a trilogy or not? All this "it was supposed to be a trilogy" stuff simply makes it look like you never wanted more than 3 games to be released for the series.

For God's sake, Assassin's Creed is one of those series that can go on forever without any direct storyline to follow. If you want it to be a trilogy that bad, then don't play Revelations or buy AC III. Not every single game or series needs to be a trilogy to be a good game.

That was my point, i didn't want more than 3 games released, doesn't mean i wont buy more though :D Already have revelations on xbox and ps3 with dlc :o

I don't care that it went over the trilogy point that much, i just don't like being told that i am wrong when i know that i'm not :confused:

I don't care if they release 16 different AC games, as long as they are fun, entertaining (and god forbid, EDUCATIONAL) I will keep buying them. Every game has added just a little more to the overall series (except I think Revelations was a step back). Now we finally get to experience it in America, It is bound to be full of twists that you won't ever see coming, and learn alot about American history at the same time.