Ughhhh Tax Evasion Trophy >:[

Alright, so I have been sitting here for 6+ hours trying to get the tax evasion trophy, but he does not come up. I tried doing the tricks that were listed in the guide and even looked up old threads about it, but none of them helped. I deleted my patches in order to try to get it, but haven't found the tax collector yet.

I have only seen him 1 time in my 30+ hours of gameplay. What am I doing wrong? There HAS to be something I am missing. :/

Seriously, any help would be appreciated. I am so annoyed at this trophy. >:[

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to say that you're missing something, but you aren't. This guy appeared only twice in my whole game, and my save tells me I've played for about 50+ hours (I like to roam around a lot). I was lucky and I knew that I had to go after him the first time, but man.... I remember how they spawned everytime in Brotherhood. >:\

If you haven't tried the Arsenal trick, you should look it up, though by the sound of it you've already tried it with no luck. I don't really know of any tricks to spawn a tax collector, only a stalker. Can't really help you out in any other way with this one......

How exactly does it work again? Can you guys be as specific as possible, as I might be doing it wrong.

Currently, I go to the bank and withdraw funds. I then walk to the arsenal gate and stand right under the doorway (not actually physically entering the arsenal) and I face the arsenal with my camera also facing the same direction. Then I wait there until the money is deposited into the bank, and quickly turn around and run toward the bank.

Doing this through (tried it 5 times so far), as not yielded me the results I would like. Am I doing it wrong?

How exactly does it work again? Can you guys be as specific as possible, as I might be doing it wrong.

Currently, I go to the bank and withdraw funds. I then walk to the arsenal gate and stand right under the doorway (not actually physically entering the arsenal) and I face the arsenal with my camera also facing the same direction. Then I wait there until the money is deposited into the bank, and quickly turn around and run toward the bank.

Doing this through (tried it 5 times so far), as not yielded me the results I would like. Am I doing it wrong?

This should be it:

1. You will need to have the Arsenal (bottom area of Constantinople) unlocked, as part of the story.

2. To the right of the Arsenal, is the Mercenaries HQ. Withdraw the money from the Bank here.

3. Head into the gates here into the Arsenal, to the cranes and wait here till money is deposited in the Bank again.

4. As soon as money is deposited, head back through the gates to the previous area with the burned down true.

5. A tax collector should spawn. Kill him or leg sweep him to get back your money and earn yourself the trophy.

One thing to remember though, is that killing the tax collector will raise your Templar Awareness (notoriety) meter to full. You could always chase after him, or kill him and then bribe some priests and kill some officials and stalkers after.

Thanks, I will just keep trying to do it. Probably watch a show or something while I wait for the 20 minutes.

Thanks for the heads up, although this is literally the last trophy I need. Probably won't play the file again after that (I have done everything there is to do, even in the defense meta game). :)

I actually found a Tax Collector very early into the game, without any trouble at all. I think I was only on Sequence 2 or so, and was just wandering around the city, when I spotted the red padlock icon on my radar, and a few seconds later the collector ran across the street in front of me. I chased after him, caught him after about a minute, and got his money and the trophy.

Maybe I just got lucky! :)

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is just strange. I know so many people have had difficulty obtaining this trophy because this tax guy never seems to appear. I got it with no problem, because he appeared randomly as I was playing through the story. As a matter of fact, he appeared a second time after I was finished the main story, and just free-roaming to clean up collecting the remaining data fragments that I had. I guess it's just about luck, sometimes he appears, and sometimes not. :confused:

During my play through of the story I saw him a few times but ignored him because I assumed he would pop as often as they did in Brotherhood. I tried the arsenal trick and it didn't work so I just went around cleaning up other trophies. It came down to being my final trophy and he finally showed up as I was doing all of the faction challenges. I don't remember where I was in the city because when his icon popped up on the mini map all that went through my head was "THERE HE IS! I"M GONNA F*CK YOUR SH*T UP! AAAAAAAAH!" Then I killed him.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this a few hours ago with a slight variation to the Arsenal trick (perhaps quicker?), latest patch, at the start of DNA sequence 8. I had money in my bank to withdraw, I travelled to the east Arsenal gate and opened the bank menu, closed the bank menu, ran through the east Arsenal gate, the tax collector spawned behind to the left, ran back and hook sweeped him for the trophy.

I actually found a Tax Collector very early into the game, without any trouble at all. I think I was only on Sequence 2 or so, and was just wandering around the city, when I spotted the red padlock icon on my radar, and a few seconds later the collector ran across the street in front of me. I chased after him, caught him after about a minute, and got his money and the trophy.

Maybe I just got lucky! :)

Going by my trophies, I got it in DNA Sequence 3, but I've come across him at least 4 times during my play-through (20+ hours) so I guess I got lucky too

I'd also played without any patches, probably a good idea to try with and without patches if you're having trouble with it

thanks for the warning.

not sure if this is also affected by the patch, but because of this and the sage trophy bug, i decided to play offline first, without patching.

i had two tax collectors in my game so far. and im only in the middle of sequence 3. thankfully my trophy unlocked fine.

first one i did i got nervous and i killed the collector. whoops! instant full templar awareness :p

2nd time, i just did a leg sweep. hehe

Ste

• 3 months later...

For anyone having difficulties with the Arsenal method try this one.

1. Go to the bank (its the one down a narrow alley) at the rear (south east) of the Sofia Hagia and withdrawn your cash.

2. There is a flight of stairs leading up from the bank towards the Sofia Hagia, go up these stairs and you will see a hay cart.

3. Hide in the hay cart and wait for your money to deposit in the bank again.

4. When you get the deposit run down and collect your cash then head back up to the hay cart but turn right towards the restricted area.

5. The tax collector will spawn among the crowd of people to your left that you have just passed through.

• 3 weeks later...

finished the game and only saw him once - was stupid enough not to chase him though :( after more then 6 hours of pointless running around I was furious - when I failed to do Impress Warren Vidic in lost archive at least I knew I did something wrong, but here...

but luck came back to me when I decided to visit place I saw him first time once more (neither arsenal nor hagia sofia didn't work) - he showed up on my minimap as soon as I entered the area :applause:

the area was the very top-right corner of forbidden sultan palace - once I passed between the buildings, I turned right and little bugger spawned right away :dance:

If someone is struggling with this trophy you might as well try this place out - you never know what you find there :whistle:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2896/20120808152954.jpg

p.s. don't mind the cursor, just try visiting the area my char is at