Boring Desmond Sequences

Nope. I quite liked them. They were a nice change of pace. I also enjoy the story of Desmond too so that might be why. I guess if you don't really care about the story then you wouldn't like them.

The only new thing they added to Revelations that I didn't like was the den defense. (Which is strange because I like tower defense games.)

I liked the idea of roaming through Desmond's memories...I just wish it was developed more. The flashes of memory projected on the walls was really cool, but there wasn't enough of it. Plus the levels were very similar until the last one. There should have been a more gradual change as you play through the levels.

I agree with ThornDog, the story portion itself was really good.

Nope. I quite liked them. They were a nice change of pace. I also enjoy the story of Desmond too so that might be why. I guess if you don't really care about the story then you wouldn't like them.

The only new thing they added to Revelations that I didn't like was the den defense. (Which is strange because I like tower defense games.)

I love the story, just the constant shape changing bull! It felt to me like the dev's coudln't be arsed doing something decent and just made up some crappy little side game with commentary.

And I'm the complete opposite to you, I could play that den defense for hours lol.

I also enjoyed the backstory bits but the 1st person style brick placing rubbed me the wrong way.

Still I am exited that they try to change things up a bit. I for sure did not miss the hidden templer marks that unlock bits of a video as was done in the past games. What I did miss though was some quality desmond time. the first person approach kind of alienated me because you can't see desmond, it was a strange experience for an AC game. I'm looking forward to what they will try in AC3 though, I got high hopes.

I didn't think I liked them, but they do seem to be an interesting break. My problem is I can't load the fifth one. Every time I enter the portal it freezes my PS3. They aren't terribly interesting, but now that I'm so close I'd like finish it.

Anyone know how I'd fix this?

Anyone else get really bored playing through these? I staggered the first 3 through my initial story playthrough but have been putting the remaining 2 off :/

Even now, having collected every single trophy I cannot bring myself to play through these sequences lol

Ive tried them but it's not that well done! Games like portal were great, but not this half baked stuff. The side information given in these sequences is great.

The Den Defense is not my favorit either! But still it's a great game!!! :dance:

Nope. I thought it was a great addition. Like the Truth files and Clusters from the previous games. It offers more background for those who are willing to do to it.

I thought it was a nice change of pace and it was great to learn about Desmond's past. To be fair he is a main character and we know zilch about him.

Overall, I thought Desmond sequences were a nice addition

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who enjoyed them for both the gameplay and the story that went with it, so hopefully the upcoming dlc will have a nice length to it and include some new info.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't care for all the trial and error without any hints of sequence 2, but once I learned all the physics and puzzle mechanics, I enjoyed them a lot more.

As someone said earlier in this thread, it would have been nice if there were more visual elements, like in sequence 5, related to what Desmond was saying, or some reward after getting through each tricky puzzle sequence like unlocking a cut scene from his past or at least having the walls of the puzzle environment gradually transformed to the environment he was talking about.