Mouse Trap?

Stovek

I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong. Out of the groups of enemies that are always in 4, the little guy is the only one I can seem to grab after being stunned by caltrops that doesn't counter the grab. I'm assuming I have to grab the scaffold with the hook, though, since I've grabbed and thrown well over 5 enemies into scaffolds. However, I've seen the contextual command when I'm in high profile to drop the scaffold, but most of the time Ezio just does the grab animation to the air :think:

I have been able to pull it off in practice after much trying (when no enemies were around), but I wasn't doing anything different that I could tell. It seems my luck is worse when enemies are actually in front of the scaffold, and I end up doing the hook-and-run.

Is there some specific location I have to be to drop a scaffold? Should grabbing the guards and tossing them into the scaffolds work?

How close do you try to get the guards to the scaffolding? All I can suggest to you is to leave a gap between the scaffold and the guards for you to run through so there's less chance of grabbing a guard. Also don't worry if this only kills one or two. Go to a shop nearby, let it auto save, quit game, load game and it should load you in the same area with the guards back in place. Just repeat.

Sorry late post lol

Edited by shindol

Don't worry, it's not that difficult. The trophy wants you to kill the guards with the scafold when they're stunned by the caltrops. So...

1. Find a scaffold.

2. Run around the area. Punch a couple guards and lure as many as you can to the scaffold

3. once under the scafold, throw a caltrop bomb at the closest one (remember to equip the one with the biggest radius and the shell that explodes on impact)

4. once they're stunned, either throw another one to buy time, or charge towards the scaffold legs and push o.

Additional: You don't have to do this all at once. But remember, they half to be stunned by the caltrop!

So it's my turn to have a hard time with this trophy.

I've been trying for more than half an hour to get it without any success. I killed several of them. I tried to grab the scaffold with the hook or throw one of them into it when they were stunned by caltrops but nothing, no trophy.

Maybe I'm not fast enough to make the scaffold falling so they aren't stunned enough anymore ? I don't know but it's annoying.

Been watching some videos on YouTube and looked at the description in the sticky guide but I don't know what I'm doing wrong honestly.

Oh well I keep trying...

Thanks for your reply. :)

Guess what ? Just did it two times and I got my trophy, yeah ! :dance:

I think I wasn't fast enough between the moment they are stunned to the moment I made the scaffold falling. And yes, like you said sometimes the command appear so I had to threw another bomb before retrying otherwise it wouldn't have been counted for the trophy.

Keeping a short distance between the guards and the scaffold helped me too. Otherwise Ezio tends to grab a guard (never the only one you can grab) who avoids him.

I'm surprised people are struggling with this one. Found it pretty easy. The annoying one is looting 50 guards with thieves. Those pricks are useless and I had to keep calling in assassins. Then again, it was the Ottoman guards >_<

That was easy as well. They're thieves, not fighters so you can't expect them to kill the guards. You just have to kill all the guards yourself and have the thieves loot the corpses.

The only thing I found annoying is how they can stand there drooling for a few seconds before they actually loot the corpses.

• 4 weeks later...

The easiest way to get this trophy: Lure a group of 4 patrolling guards to a scaffold using cherry bomb; throw a Caltrop bomb (with impact shell and the largest explosion radius for gunpowder); run past the scaffold and press/hold :circle:. Just repeat this step for another guard and you're sure to get the trophy.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...