Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Assassin's Creed: Revelations. This thread has been created to discuss anything Assassin's Creed related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, liked the story, but the ending is just weird. I know that they were trying to warn desmond of impending doom on the earth and all, and now it turns out there are more apples then before. But, what I wonder is, how on earth did Altair come by all that ancient technology, and also, how on earth did that old race know of desmond, could they see into the future, or, are they the future, people who have travelled back through time?

Where did Desmond stop at the ending? What place was that, how did they know to stop there, to look for a vault there, and what was the meaning of the words from that guy, I assume him to be Jupiter or something. Why was his hand glowing? Was that the unwaken the sixth thing that the previous game was on about?

And then also, for a game that proclaims that it will reveal all, then why the hell didn't they explain why lucy had to die? I still don't understand what that had to do with anything. I don't understand a lot of those weird choices they made.

This game has some major holes lying about, and it's not funny. I liked the story, mostly the Ezio part of it, but it offered so little in the grand story that Assassin's Creed started with. I like where they are heading, but they are heading there limping after this ending.

One cool thing though, 16 (he has no other name I know of), looked like the son of Altair, so I'm assuming Abstergo used him to find a way to Altair, but only got as far as the son, and probably, that drove the poor guy to get trapped in the animus. don't understand how that worked, was sorta like the Matrix meets Inception.

Anybody?

It looked like the east coast of USA when you saw the world before the demolition of earth started. But where did that apple in the van come from? And why was the island recreated during the end credits? And what is Desmond gonna do with the apple? The creatures who had been here before us survived the first destruction of the earth along with 10000 humans, and it seems they are some sort of higher beeings destined to protect the human race.

I just finished the game myself, but I really don't know what to make of the ending. I don't see much else than "see you in the next game with more revelations!" Because if there's one thing this game really isn't, it's a revelation. This game's subtitle doesn't do itself any justice; we've still got more questions than answers.

I agree that they're getting to the main part of the story on a limp... in slow-motion... while trying to go even slower than a snail.

I get the feeling they've been stuck on this idea for a while now; "let's keep adding more to Ezio's story and focus on that above everything else". Because let's face it, Ezio gets 3 full games and Altaïr gets 1 game and 5 short flashbacks in this game!?

I didn't feel Altaïr's flashbacks were done very well either. Kinda hard to get into the situation when it lasts about 10 minutes and jumps many, many years ahead during the last 3 flashbacks. And the info I read about Maria's fate on the AC wiki seems to be different from what this game showed us (but that was taken from a novel, so I guess it wasn't canon, or they retconned it).

Still a bothersome point; Altaïr's life lacks the development Ezio's life was given, but much worse is that Maria isn't developed at all! As I said, I had to read up on her role in the story on the AC wiki, as I've never played that PSP game which she appears in, nor have I read that novel.

I think it would have been better if they had focused more on Altaïr's life and gave Ezio the smaller role this time. Because I really don't feel like I've learned anything truly new about Ezio anymore, but Altaïr clearly had a lot of untold things going on in his life which were explained in 5 very short missions (and an epilogue). Not cool!

And Desmond... yeah, see you in the next game! Hopefully in a more active role next time. And with more answers...? Nah, maybe in Assassin's Creed 5? Or 6? Ah well, I can wait (not really; get to the point, man!). :rolleyes:

Why do Templars know about Animus 2.0? You can see it in the file 0.08 in MP.

2 possible reasons that I can think of:

1- As Shaun said in one of his emails in AC:B, Rebecca is a Templar:P

2- Ok, this might be confusing so bear with me on this.

At the end of AC2 Lucy says that there is a 2nd solar flare about to hit earth and that finding the 7 keys/temple will somehow prevent this.

I dont think that is the case though, When Nevira talks about Desmonds sun, she isnt refering to The sun, she is talking about His son.

Desmond somehow figures this out and kills Lucy thus preventing his son from being born.

Now when that happens at the end of ACB, we hear 2 Absergo workers saying that he is in shock/coma.

That person they are talking about is Subject 18 aka Desmond's son, who should no longer exist as desmond killed Lucy.

If that is true then it explains how they know about Animus 2.0.

The ending left me more confused than AC:B did.

Loved that they concluded Altair's chapters, loved at how they concluded Ezio's chapters (leaving his blades to the apple) and in general they made a lot of revelations, THAT WE HAVE ALREADY GUESSED! :-(

The real question is what's going on in the future. Who's the guy with Rebecca and Shaun when Desmond wakes up (Desmond's father? How, why?). And how did they get their hands in an apple so fast? Lucy died, they were talking about the funeral etc, so I guess it's 7 days maximum since she died. How did they get these information AND travelled to that area so fast.

My mind is going to explode, plus I can't talk about it with my friends cause they haven't finished the game yet.

Little note: Sofia was a piece of art!

Does anyone feel that the scene where the camera pans around the chair going from Old Altair to Ezio and Altair's skelton was brilliant? I thought it was a great way to show the passing of the torch so to speak.

That ending though...I mean, what the hell. It was right up there with Halo 2 for annoying endings. I want to play on, I want to see where they are, what they're going to do and just who will we be controlling in AC 3. So frustrating....

Loved that they concluded Altair's chapters, loved at how they concluded Ezio's chapters (leaving his blades to the apple)

The true conclusion to Ezio's story isn't shown in the game, though. The AC: Embers movie is an epilogue which shows exactly that. In my case it was included with the game (Animus Edition). I'm guessing other editions have the movie too? Or if not, surely there must be another way to get it (PSN store?). It seems too important to just keep it from other players.

The real question is what's going on in the future. Who's the guy with Rebecca and Shaun when Desmond wakes up (Desmond's father? How, why?).

Yes, everything the guy says/does matches with what is written about Desmond's father in the AC Encyclopedia. What confuses me more about this is; didn't Shaun call the guy "Bill"? Or did I completely misunderstand that conversation and was he talking to someone else? Because even the Encyclopedia states Desmond's father is William Miles. So, uhm, who's Bill then? :S

The true conclusion to Ezio's story isn't shown in the game, though. The AC: Embers movie is an epilogue which shows exactly that. In my case it was included with the game (Animus Edition). I'm guessing other editions have the movie too? Or if not, surely there must be another way to get it (PSN store?). It seems too important to just keep it from other players.

Yes, everything the guy says/does matches with what is written about Desmond's father in the AC Encyclopedia. What confuses me more about this is; didn't Shaun call the guy "Bill"? Or did I completely misunderstand that conversation and was he talking to someone else? Because even the Encyclopedia states Desmond's father is William Miles. So, uhm, who's Bill then? :S

Bill is a common nickname for the word William.

It is? That's kinda weird. Would have made more sense to me if it had been Will instead of Bill... maybe it's more common in the English language. Or maybe I just don't know anything about nicknames.

It's probably the latter. :p

Try hearing the name Richard in it's shortened version "Dick"...I don't understand how they get to that conclusion either.

anyhow, what I do want to know more about, is subject 16, who was he? Why was he in the animus? Does the animus have live feed or something, because he left messages in AC1, and then in the second one, and constantly left messages, but who the hell was the guy.

And, if he was also a descendant from altair, then why didn't abstergo go for more people? Since the Animus uses DNA to go back into the past (I think it'll turn out to e something else, because that idea is just stupid), then why can't they find more apples? There are six of them, so they should be able to find more of them, a lot faster, right?

why the hell is everyone so upset about the ending?

I thought it was awesome.

it's called a "cliffhanger" people. it's their way of getting you amped up and making sure you buy the next game in order to see what happens next.

great marketing tactic I must admit :)

one thing still bugs me though and it seems like a chronological error...

at the end of AC:B Ezio placed the apple under the coliseum in Rome, and now Desmond has it, but according to this game Altiar placed the apple under Mastyaf and Ezio just now saw it there and laid his weapons at it. How is this possible if Altiar came before Ezio?

is there more than one Apple of Eden then? cuz if not, Ubisoft fucked up big time.

EDIT: never mind, according to this: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden#Confirmed_Pieces_of_Eden

there are (were) six apples.

Edited by oversoul53

yea i agree, i thought the ending was Friggin epic. the cutscene of earth being destroyed gave me shivers. Desmond's finally been givin his purpose in all this multigenerational insanity. Personally my biggest takeaway is the final line. "I know what to do." AHHHHHHHHH AC3 is and will be the Desmond show, something i've been waiting for since the beginning. cant effin wait

why the hell is everyone so upset about the ending?

I thought it was awesome.

it's called a "cliffhanger" people. it's their way of getting you amped up and making sure you buy the next game in order to see what happens next.

great marketing tactic I must admit :)

one thing still bugs me though and it seems like a chronological error...

at the end of AC:B Ezio placed the apple under the coliseum in Rome, and now Desmond has it, but according to this game Altiar placed the apple under Mastyaf and Ezio just now saw it there and laid his weapons at it. How is this possible if Altiar came before Ezio?

is there more than one Apple of Eden then? cuz if not, Ubisoft fucked up big time.

EDIT: never mind, according to this: Pieces of Eden - The Assassin's Creed Wiki - Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, walkthroughs and more!

there are (were) six apples.

Yep, the Encyclo' even states "Ezio discovered a shocking secret; the Apple of Eden Altaïr acquired 300 years earlier was not the same Apple that Ezio had owned for so many years".

It also mentions the Templars know of "at least 5 Apples", but goes on to say one of the artifacts was destroyed at Denver International Airport, which has delayed their plans.

Which makes me go "huh?", because I don't remember that incident. Did I miss something again or just forgot about it? :facepalm:

Whatever happened there might also be the reason why their search for other Apples has been going slower, but I wouldn't know.

(Have I mentioned how much I love this Encyclopedia?)