Den Defence

Fractal

I agree, trying to find what tower is being attacked, trying to get there, and then trying to get in there, to start the mission.

And then playing the mini game. It feels like it was thrown in there last second. And it gets worse the more you have to play it.

Advice, keep yourself as hidden as possible from the templars, so far I've always had to fight from the instance I waited to long to go back anonymous.

Ok, for all those that are curious about this, here's how it works:

In game, you'll eventually be able to take over towers, templar dens. These dens, are what control parts of the city, if you take over the den, you will be able to open shops, and buy stuff. These dens also allow you to increase the amount of Assassin's you get get to join your cause, like in Brotherhood.

The idea is, that you have to take out the captain, and the light the tower, thus taking over control from the templars. After that, you can assign an assassin to the tower, an apprentice assassin. These assassin's will provide you with sidequest missions (only 2 per tower, one that starts the story, and one that ends the story, when the assassin reaches master assassin status).

You send out assassin's, training them, raising them, leveling them, so this has that micromanagement part to it, like in brotherhood, and the level the assassin's have to get to, in order to become master assassin's is level 15.

As you play the game, your towers are only protected by apprentice assassins, and there for vulnerable to attacks. From the instance your in high profile from the templars (when all the red squares are filled, and every guard in town is out to kill you), you have to become anonymous really fast, or the templars will be out for your tower. You have a pretty short time to become anonymous, as you'll see when you play.

When the tower is under attack, you'll be prompted by the game, and it will warn you of the attack of your tower. get there fast enough, and you only have to enter, the longer you wait, the more control the templars will have, and you'll see the entire zone around your tower go red, and that means it's a restricted zone. There will be lots of gunmen in towers, trying to kill you and heavy guards trying to bash your skull in. This is preferable to the mini game you will have to play in a few seconds.

Go to the den, NOT the tower, and enter, activating the bane of this game.

The game is a sort of real time strategy game, in an alley. You have to put assassins on the roof tops, and block the streets with make shift blockades. The enemy will come, and they come fast. You have to use morale to buy assassins, and when you kill enemies, you gain morale. You place leader assassins on the roofs, and they will encourage the assassins to fight, also gaining in morale. you can steal morale from dead corpses (I know, stupid right), to make it go faster.

You choose what kind of assassin, or barricade to place in a menu, this will not pause the game, it will just keep on going, you have to move fast in the menus, and move the cursor around the screen at a lightning pace. You can only place that many assassins on the roof, each with specific abilities, but the enemies are numerous, around 80 per wave. It will always end with some type of tank, that will just bash through your defense, getting to you tower, and wiping out all you have done in the last ten minutes.

After that, you can just take back your tower, by killing the captain of the templars, and just lighting the fire back on the tower. That will take you about 3 minutes.

Conclusion, the mini game sucks, and feels like a burden, that was put in there last minute. From the instance your apprentice assassin becomes a master assassin, the tower is safe, and can not be attacked by templars.

GET YOUR ASSASSINS TO LEVEL 15 AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Also, by doing the apprentice assassin side quest, you can get the master assassin armour very early on in the game, as you'll notice that armour is something rare in the stores. Ubisoft hasn't put in the same amount of time as in the other games, as you'll unlock the rest of the basic armour, around sequence 5, as the master assassin armour can be unlocked in sequence 3, it gives you the max health, and doesn't break.

Any tips on defending those damn dens? I always fail with my assassin apprentice that I assigned to that den being post lvl 10, so I can't use him for that or any other den after recapturing it again :2walls::2walls::2walls:

Just level him up by sending him out to missions...if anything look for the 3k plus ones where he can do himself or with 1 more person. If 3k+ seems hard try 1.5k first. Also don't forget you can loot the bodies on the floor for $ and I believe morale (helps build units). Oh yeah if anything try to complete their "master" mission(s).

Just level him up by sending him out to missions...if anything look for the 3k plus ones where he can do himself or with 1 more person. If 3k+ seems hard try 1.5k first. Also don't forget you can loot the bodies on the floor for $ and I believe morale (helps build units). Oh yeah if anything try to complete their "master" mission(s).

Yeah, I try to get them to master assassin before the den gets attacked, most of the time I'm not fast enough tho. Did not know the looting part, thx bro :dance:

Not a big fan of the Den defense as well although I do like Tower defense games in general.

Poorly implemented and sometimes hard to see which buildings you can actually place assassins on.

Luckily you do not need to get 100% synch in the den defense to get 100% Total Synch, or do you?

I do like the Den attack segments though. Kind of like Predator Maps in Batman AA and AC especially if you are going for 100%

Lol, I almost forgot it was in the game. The only time I've played Den Defense was during the tutorial mission for it, never had to do it again after that. What's so hard about staying anonymous? I've never been in full high profile at any point (excluding story-related moments), I immediately lower it whenever it's getting to the halfway point. Just after a few story missions you'll end up in high profile, but I never had any problem getting quickly back into low profile again.

The mini-game seemed average at best (judging from the tutorial mission), but I can't be annoyed by a mini-game which I never had to play again. :p

Lol, I almost forgot it was in the game. The only time I've played Den Defense was during the tutorial mission for it, never had to do it again after that.

Well just remember one of the guild challenges requires you to sucessfully complete the den defense mini game 3 times and that DOES count towards 100% total sync trophy...so don't forget to do that before you take them all & put master assassins in all your dens...

Well just remember one of the guild challenges requires you to sucessfully complete the den defense mini game 3 times and that DOES count towards 100% total sync trophy...so don't forget to do that before you take them all & put master assassins in all your dens...

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't noticed that challenge yet. But I didn't even know those challenges counted for 100%, iirc they didn't in Brotherhood.

Anyway, I've taken care of that now; 3 Den Defense mini-games won!... and to my surprise just as many lost (or were that 4 losses?). >_>

Perhaps I'm jinxing myself here, but I'm liking Den Defence. That said I'm still in sequence 4, so I've been distracted defending my Den's and trying to get as many Master Assassins as early as possible in order to stop them from being constantly attacked. It's a good way to quickly bump up Assassins ranks because the missions they get sent on are usually weak after you use a couple for the easy 3000 xp.

I wasn't even aware that the attacks were linked with my profile. How was I supposed to now? Man I hate that kind of tower defense game! I never cared about a high profile in the previous games. So that means I gonna have to keep it high in order to be attack and "try" to succeed 3 defenses.

Edited by nuke4U