Can't access elite fire barrel storage plan -- should I be worried?

My Jackdaw is almost maxed-out. All I need is elite fire barrel storage. I have the map, acquired from the Kenway's Fleet game. But whenever I go to the area indicated on the treasure map, I get the "Area Not Available During Current Memory" message and desynched if I press on. I'm currently in sequence 6.

Is this normal? It seems weird that the entire world is open to me except for this one particular tiny area. But maybe it's story-related?

My Jackdaw is almost maxed-out. All I need is elite fire barrel storage. I have the map, acquired from the Kenway's Fleet game. But whenever I go to the area indicated on the treasure map, I get the "Area Not Available During Current Memory" message and desynched if I press on. I'm currently in sequence 6.

Is this normal? It seems weird that the entire world is open to me except for this one particular tiny area. But maybe it's story-related?

Not to worry. You will get access to that and a couple of other locations as you progress the story.

yep some areas are story based or blocked off till later in the story so dont worry to much unless ur postgame and its locked

and to the one with monkey troubles u can just purchase an animal part if ur dead set on geting the crafting done early the stores sell them kinda pricy but hey lol prce of getting ahead :p plus for the ps4 people who are experiencing trouble with the community stuff which means sperm whales are not able to appear it helps craft the item requiring those