easy way to defeat the impoluto and get the ram upgrade

k so for those who have had trouble with the impoluto here is a cheap dirty trick to beat it with no problem.

Start by putting a marker on the ship and sail for it at about 650m slow down the ship, at 580-575m stop the ship and realease the wheel if done correctly the cutscene should start( the cutscene begins at 563m) and then when you regain control run Kenway all the way to the helm of the ship and wait for it to ram you when you hear the two ships come together jump and you should glitch onto the deck of the impluto kill everyone and then dive from the back into the water reboard your ship take the helm and fire one shot will sink it.

Here is a video of how it is done(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153599637400367) credit goes to FNFred over at gamefaqs

the second trick is to use the god cheat to destroy all for legendary ships doing so gets you the ram boost after this exit the game completely and then start it back up when you resume the legendary ships will be back and you will still have the ram boost add the elite ram and most of the ships won't be a problem.

(I read this on a gamefaqs board for assassions creed 4 so i take no credit for this.) I have done both of these tricks on ps4 and can confirm they both work

Edited by magus9782

Lol, wtf. I wonder if you can do that with the other ships, if they get close enough to you? (I don't recall any other trying to ram you)

either of the Royal Sovereign and HMS Fearless will start ramming if you destroy one of the pair. saying that, the glitch won't work with them because you'll already be in combat. the key for this trick lies in letting go of the wheel before the encounter starts, since the game will not allow you to do that mid-fight.

on the other hand, legendary ships are somewhat challenging but nowhere near impossible. considering rest of the game is pretty damned easy, it's well worth spending a bit of time defeating those vessels the usual way.

I didn't have any problems with the Legendary Ships. Apart from the duo, where I was like "pfft, dis shit's easy", and then I sunk one, and the other went into hyperdrive and annihilated me. But on the second go, I just took them both down to about 10% of their health before sinking the first one, then the second went down in two shots.

As for the 'board the ship' method. I recall someone on here tried it (it may have been on HMS Prince though) and apparently Kenway just died as soon as he touched the ship's hull. :think:

I didn't have any problems with the Legendary Ships. Apart from the duo, where I was like "pfft, dis shit's easy", and then I sunk one, and the other went into hyperdrive and annihilated me. But on the second go, I just took them both down to about 10% of their health before sinking the first one, then the second went down in two shots.

As for the 'board the ship' method. I recall someone on here tried it (it may have been on HMS Prince though) and apparently Kenway just died as soon as he touched the ship's hull. :think:

If you try to swim up to it once you touch the hull it is an insta kill but if you jump on the deck it might work