Black Flag best in the series?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a long time fan and I have to admit that it was hard to surpass the first 3 for me, but this one is effectively outstanding and it has became my new favorite. I'll replay it on PS4 that's for sure. Here is my most to less favorite order :

- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

- Assassin's Creed

- Assassin's Creed II

- Assassin's Creed III

- Assassin's Creed Revelations

If I had to include the Vita game Liberation, I'd put it between II and III in my list. ;)

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed

For Me ACII was my introduction to this franchise and still holds a special place in my heart, But Black Flag is a very close second and in time may slip into the lead if i can let go of my love for ACII....lol

ive played all the assassins creed from number 1... well on ps3 anyway, and id have to say

besides the first game being in my top 2 with black flag i cant order the rest because i liked them all, sure some mini games were annoying and tedious but overall each game in the series has been great in its own way

Nothing has matched the sheer wow-factor Assassin's Creed II had for me, although I will admit I haven't finished Black Flag yet. And AC Brotherhood will always have a special place for me, too, since that was the first time ever I enjoyed a multiplayer and kept on playing long after reaching max level.

2nd best for me, ACII being the 1st.... but my vote may change soon because of this games ridiculously fucking stupid stealth missions(Tailing AND eavesdropping, let alone in a fucking restricted area), Yeah okay .... I'm like legit stuck on a part in Sequence 5, which is a literal first for me in the whole god'damn series.... I give up for now... too bad it's a damn story mission too otherwise I wouldn't even stress myself.

Edited by Yoda91192

I'm only up to sequence 5 so far. but I'm loving every minute of this game so far.

Maybe i'm just caught up in the hype - remember when GTA5 came out and its all anybody talked about? well now its the same with AC4 - but I'm thinking this will be my personal GOTY

ya..both GTA5 n AC4 are outstanding games..both Rockstar n Ubisoft redeemed themselves with these games

I'm a long time fan and I have to admit that it was hard to surpass the first 3 for me, but this one is effectively outstanding and it has became my new favorite. I'll replay it on PS4 that's for sure. Here is my most to less favorite order :

- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

- Assassin's Creed

- Assassin's Creed II

- Assassin's Creed III

- Assassin's Creed Revelations

If I had to include the Vita game Liberation, I'd put it between II and III in my list. ;)

surprised to see you enjoyed Ac1 more than ac2

I only played the first sequence, then I got into Batman Arkham Origins.. as soon as I'm done with this shitty MP I'm going to enjoy AC 4

funny because i stopped Arkham Origins FOR ac4..

IV is without a doubt the best. They finally made the stealth stuff work (unlike in AC III where it was broken as Hell)

agreed..in Ac3 even if you silently assassinate someone..all the guards are alarmed for some reason..

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit button instead of triple posting.

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag/Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed

Pretty much a tie between 4 and Brotherhood, can't choose between those two.

2nd best for me, ACII being the 1st.... but my vote may change soon because of this games ridiculously fucking stupid stealth missions(Tailing AND eavesdropping, let alone in a fucking restricted area), Yeah okay .... I'm like legit stuck on a part in Sequence 5, which is a literal first for me in the whole god'damn series.... I give up for now... too bad it's a damn story mission too otherwise I wouldn't even stress myself.

Never had much trouble with those missions. Check for bushes and other wise go on the rooftops shooting sleeping darts at the guys on the roofs if you have the blowpipe at that point.

agreed..in Ac3 even if you silently assassinate someone..all the guards are alarmed for some reason..

As I tell people, AC III is a tutorial (a buggy and unpolished one) for AC IV.

Stealth was improved drastically from III to IV.

I'd go:

Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed Liberation

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Assassin's Creed 3

Now from top to bottom isn't a huge gap in terms of enjoyment. I don't like the change in the controls from 3 onwards. Also jumping off the boat to go to every little island in BF is a lot worse than running around grabbing the 420 flags in the original. Brotherhood had everything I could want in a game including the best modern day interactions between the cast.

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag/Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed

Pretty much a tie between 4 and Brotherhood, can't choose between those two.

Never had much trouble with those missions. Check for bushes and other wise go on the rooftops shooting sleeping darts at the guys on the roofs if you have the blowpipe at that point.

i know what you mean..in fact black flag plays like brotherhood..the 2 game share 1 thing in common which is there's alot of side missions to do..though i feel that BF definitely has better story and main mission than Brotherhood but lack a memorable menacing templar in the game

As I tell people, AC III is a tutorial (a buggy and unpolished one) for AC IV.

Stealth was improved drastically from III to IV.

i really don't know what happened to ac3..it had so much going for it but i don't know how Ubisoft managed to fuck it up so badly..it was claimed to be playable 9 month prior its releases, something must have went wrong somewhere..

I'd go:

Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed Liberation

Assassin's Creed Black Flag

Assassin's Creed 3

Now from top to bottom isn't a huge gap in terms of enjoyment. I don't like the change in the controls from 3 onwards. Also jumping off the boat to go to every little island in BF is a lot worse than running around grabbing the 420 flags in the original. Brotherhood had everything I could want in a game including the best modern day interactions between the cast.

you find the jumping off boat to go to small island to do collectibles tedious? i agreed with you on brotherhood modern day part though..it remains the best modern day storyline and gameplay (i love all those platforming sequence in AC games) in the series still..not to mention the most shocking twist ending yet, but ac4BF modern day stuff feels pretty fresh too, hacking n discovering new content like Desmond's recording is pretty neat

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit button instead of triple posting.

you find the jumping off boat to go to small island to do collectibles tedious? i agreed with you on brotherhood modern day part though..it remains the best modern day storyline and gameplay (i love all those platforming sequence in AC games) in the series still..not to mention the most shocking twist ending yet, but ac4BF modern day stuff feels pretty fresh too, hacking n discovering new content like Desmond's recording is pretty neat

Yes. I grabbed all the chests and Fragments and by the end of it I was fed up of having to jump off the boat to fetch them. No other collectables ever felt that tedious especially as they also had no value trophy or unlockwise. Only revealing the maps of AC3 was worse than this and even that was needed to unlock a trophy.

Yes. I grabbed all the chests and Fragments and by the end of it I was fed up of having to jump off the boat to fetch them. No other collectables ever felt that tedious especially as they also had no value trophy or unlockwise. Only revealing the maps of AC3 was worse than this and even that was needed to unlock a trophy.

I felt the same way. You'd think, since you have a boat for harpooning, you could select it from the weapon wheel and aim at a beach and be taken there. Would have made the whole process much less aggravating.

glad that there wasn't any trophy for collecting all collectibles otherwise its an requirement to stop at every small island