Hunting map glitch

PAQ-F

Can I please get some help on my hunting map? I've completed every map with the exception of diamond basin. I see a picture of an unknown animal, a bobcat, a dear and a wolf.

Clearly it's a beaver I'm missing. I've located, killed and skinned the beaver but my map is still incomplete and the beaver picture is not showing up. I got a notification saying "beaver located in diamond basin" but nothing happened. I tried analyzing a beaver clue, that didn't do anything either.

I rebooted the game and tried again, no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

OK, looks like i'm out of luck and no one else has come across this situation :(

I've continued playing the game, revisited diamond basin a few times to see if i would have a different result... still no luck.

Seeing that no one has any answers, does anyone have any suggestions on where else i can post or who i can ask? Does anyone know if there is an assassin's creed forum or a link to maybe ubisoft customer questions?

I still can't believe i'm the only one this has happened to after reading about all the glitches in the game LOL.

I would hate for this to be the glitch that stops me from platinum. I've been so cautious to make sure all of the other glitches didn't affect me :(

i dont have an answer for you. but i can give you the feeling that your not being ignored. from what ive read, the glitches in this game are random and there isnt much of a solution to them. you could try deleting the game data utility (not to be mistaken with save data) and then reinstall it. if that doesnt work, likely its your saved data thats the problem. i have yet to play this game. i have it sitting sealed on my desk. likely its going to be returned to gamestop as i dont want to work around a broken game. given that i platinum every game i own, i wouldnt want to be his with a glitch like this, thus ruining the expirience for me, and have to re-do everything for the platinum. maybe ill visit brotherhood and revelations once i finish with tomb raider to get rid of this assassins creed urge ive been feeling. about reaching out to another forum, from what i heard from other people, reaching out to ubi is pointless. all they get for an answere is "we are aware of the problem and are working for a fix". a fix is likely never to come as the team is busy working on AC4:BF. if a fix were to come, i think it would have hit by now. good luck to you son. maybe someone else can be of further help

Edited by OriginalJedi

Bernard, you are the man!

Thank you so much!

As soon as I killed the bobcat, it said I'd completed my hunting map! Now I can have an awesome weekend LOL cuz this was seriously pissing me off!

Thanks again

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

There are two areas in particular where I'm experiencing the same problem. troys wood and scotch plains, with Deer.

Every Time a kill deer in this areas it doesn't record as discovered. I used clues and restarted the game and reinstalled game data, still nothing, show paw with a question mark:(.

I don't have a problem locating the animals and i tried killing all animals in the areas from over, is there a different animal than anyone else or am I stuck because of a glitch:confused:

Can anyone suggest something or help me with this? Its the only problem I encountered to get Completionist and 100%.

There are two areas in particular where I'm experiencing the same problem. troys wood and scotch plains, with Deer.

Every Time a kill deer in this areas it doesn't record as discovered. I used clues and restarted the game and reinstalled game data, still nothing, show paw with a question mark:(.

I don't have a problem locating the animals and i tried killing all animals in the areas from over, is there a different animal than anyone else or am I stuck because of a glitch:confused:

Can anyone suggest something or help me with this? Its the only problem I encountered to get Completionist and 100%.

Try quitting your game then re-killing every animal in the area. Save the dear for last. Worked for me.