Oak Island, Optional Constraint: Kill 3 Wolves without using ranged weapons

BBurgSteve

Not sure this is a bug or not, but no matter how quickly you try to use the QTE prompts, you seem to fail 100% of the time at some point.

The workaround: Forget the QTE kills. Run up to the clue until the wolves appear, then free run up the tree to your left and up to the branch overlooking the wolves below you. Equip your hidden blades and perform an air assassination, which will fail to kill the wolf, but buy you just enough time to turn around, perform a normal assassination and get back up to the branch before the other wolves return. Rinse and repeat for the other two wolves.

Optional constraint completed.

I did it with the qte, it's not a bug just annoying. There is a hunting mission that has the same qte.

When hunting, the QTE on the wolves is easy as it is a little bit slower. During this mission you pretty much have to hit the circle-combo at the same time as it pops up on the screen. Basically it is insanely (nearly impossibly) fast compared to the normal wolf QTE.

Hadn't tried the haystack yet, but it makes sense that it would work, too.

This is insanely easy...stand in the middle of the circle and wait for them to attack you.

QTE, boom, done.

What's with all these expansive methods? :think:

You must be mind reading your PS3 then, because by the time the second button press after the circle appears, it's too late. The only time I managed to kill the first wolf with the QTE, I got lucky and pressed circle-triangle before the prompt even popped up on the screen. Pressed circle-square for the next one, but it prompted me for circle-x.

Edited by BBurgSteve

What's the problem with the QTE wolf kills? I get it right 98% of the times. I think I just failed once.

I have not been injured by an attacking predator in the Frontier or Homestead in quite some time. Those are easy QTEs. The wolves during the Oak Island (Peg Leg) Mission are a heck of a lot quicker, and require you to anticipate which button presses are coming during the QTE, because as I stated, once they appear on screen, it's already too late.

Yeah, you'll be able to shake the wolf off of you before being desynced, but you will have failed the other constraint: Do not lose your health - 30%.

I have not been injured by an attacking predator in the Frontier or Homestead in quite some time. Those are easy QTEs. The wolves during the Oak Island (Peg Leg) Mission are a heck of a lot quicker, and require you to anticipate which button presses are coming during the QTE, because as I stated, once they appear on screen, it's already too late.

Yeah, you'll be able to shake the wolf off of you before being desynced, but you will have failed the other constraint: Do not lose your health - 30%.

I got 100% fist time, not even replayed.

I got 100% fist time, not even replayed.

This must be one mission that they made harder with the patch, because there were many tries when I was never even prompted for the second button, because the wolf was on top of me before the circle even appeared.

Too bad the Peg Leg missions aren't repayable or I'd go back and check.

Either that, or this was my payback for not allowing the Homestead to glitch on me... :whistle:

I was having the same issue with the QTE when I was doing this one, never had an issue in hunting grounds, I tried it a number of times and always failed even though I was certain I was quick enough then tried trip mines with no joy either, then I spotted the haystack and hid in it the wolves will gather around it, just pop out kill one and back in, rinse and repeat for each wolf.

I'm confused, the optional objective isn't hard at all. Quite surprised to see a thread dedicated to this subject. It was the usual hunting QTE.

Okay, the more I see people that didn't have a problem with it, and the fact that I am not alone in the fact that the QTE timing was impossible, I think this may be another glitched mission for some. Like the Homestead (Extraordinary Man) and Pivot Missions (Head in the Cloud), some are having an issue with the timing of the QTE prompts during this particular mission, which basically only affects the Completionist trophy, since this is a required mission to have 100% synchronization.

As stated, it would appear that there is no way to replay the Peg Leg missions, so it looks like if you didn't get 100% the first time through, you are pretty much SOL.

Okay, the more I see people that didn't have a problem with it, and the fact that I am not alone in the fact that the QTE timing was impossible, I think this may be another glitched mission for some. Like the Homestead (Extraordinary Man) and Pivot Missions (Head in the Cloud), some are having an issue with the timing of the QTE prompts during this particular mission, which basically only affects the Completionist trophy, since this is a required mission to have 100% synchronization.

As stated, it would appear that there is no way to replay the Peg Leg missions, so it looks like if you didn't get 100% the first time through, you are pretty much SOL.

You can replay the Peg Leg missions...

What peg leg mission are you talking about? If it's kidd's treasure you can replay all of those missions as I have done so. Second of all it's not a glitch, just extremely fast. It is not as simply as others have said, it takes some luck. It took me a few tries, but it can be done.

What peg leg mission are you talking about? If it's kidd's treasure you can replay all of those missions as I have done so. Second of all it's not a glitch, just extremely fast. It is not as simply as others have said, it takes some luck. It took me a few tries, but it can be done.

It would be one thing if there was a way to see the second prompt, but the first wolf was usually munching on Connor before the circle even appeared, and almost always before the second button prompt appeared. It is impossible to anticipate something that is not forthcoming, since it usually doesn't. If that's not a glitch, then I don't know what else to call it.

As for replaying... I was looking in the Peg Leg DNA strand (the wrong place). I stand corrected on that.

Replaying that mission now, and the second prompt is popping up in red (as if I missed it), after hitting the circle button as soon as it pops up.

This constraint, doing it via QTEs is 100% luck. I would not consider that "Insanely easy".

Edited by BBurgSteve