XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
BBurgSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
This is insanely easy...stand in the middle of the circle and wait for them to attack you.

QTE, boom, done.

What's with all these expansive methods?
You must be mind reading your PS3 then, because by the time the second button press after the circle appears, it's too late. The only time I managed to kill the first wolf with the QTE, I got lucky and pressed circle-triangle before the prompt even popped up on the screen. Pressed circle-square for the next one, but it prompted me for circle-x.

Last edited by BBurgSteve; 11-25-2012 at 10:20 PM.
BBurgSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
jvaferreira

Send a message via Skype™ to jvaferreira

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
This is insanely easy...stand in the middle of the circle and wait for them to attack you.

QTE, boom, done.

What's with all these expansive methods?
Yeah, I don't understand what's with everyone else, nothing challenging about the QTE.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
BBurgSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaferreira View Post
What's the problem with the QTE wolf kills? I get it right 98% of the times. I think I just failed once.
I have not been injured by an attacking predator in the Frontier or Homestead in quite some time. Those are easy QTEs. The wolves during the Oak Island (Peg Leg) Mission are a heck of a lot quicker, and require you to anticipate which button presses are coming during the QTE, because as I stated, once they appear on screen, it's already too late.

Yeah, you'll be able to shake the wolf off of you before being desynced, but you will have failed the other constraint: Do not lose your health - 30%.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
jvaferreira

Send a message via Skype™ to jvaferreira

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurgSteve View Post
I have not been injured by an attacking predator in the Frontier or Homestead in quite some time. Those are easy QTEs. The wolves during the Oak Island (Peg Leg) Mission are a heck of a lot quicker, and require you to anticipate which button presses are coming during the QTE, because as I stated, once they appear on screen, it's already too late.

Yeah, you'll be able to shake the wolf off of you before being desynced, but you will have failed the other constraint: Do not lose your health - 30%.
I got 100% fist time, not even replayed.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
BBurgSteve

Quote:
This must be one mission that they made harder with the patch, because there were many tries when I was never even prompted for the second button, because the wolf was on top of me before the circle even appeared.

Too bad the Peg Leg missions aren't repayable or I'd go back and check.

Either that, or this was my payback for not allowing the Homestead to glitch on me...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
Darth_Krid
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   25,000 Posts   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Same. Although the QTE'S were quicker, it was nothing that if you've got good reflexes.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #17
henrikoez

I'm confused, the optional objective isn't hard at all. Quite surprised to see a thread dedicated to this subject. It was the usual hunting QTE.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
Snaddef

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5

I was having the same issue with the QTE when I was doing this one, never had an issue in hunting grounds, I tried it a number of times and always failed even though I was certain I was quick enough then tried trip mines with no joy either, then I spotted the haystack and hid in it the wolves will gather around it, just pop out kill one and back in, rinse and repeat for each wolf.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
BBurgSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikoez View Post
I'm confused, the optional objective isn't hard at all. Quite surprised to see a thread dedicated to this subject. It was the usual hunting QTE.
Okay, the more I see people that didn't have a problem with it, and the fact that I am not alone in the fact that the QTE timing was impossible, I think this may be another glitched mission for some. Like the Homestead (Extraordinary Man) and Pivot Missions (Head in the Cloud), some are having an issue with the timing of the QTE prompts during this particular mission, which basically only affects the Completionist trophy, since this is a required mission to have 100% synchronization.

As stated, it would appear that there is no way to replay the Peg Leg missions, so it looks like if you didn't get 100% the first time through, you are pretty much SOL.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
Darth_Krid
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   25,000 Posts   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurgSteve View Post
Okay, the more I see people that didn't have a problem with it, and the fact that I am not alone in the fact that the QTE timing was impossible, I think this may be another glitched mission for some. Like the Homestead (Extraordinary Man) and Pivot Missions (Head in the Cloud), some are having an issue with the timing of the QTE prompts during this particular mission, which basically only affects the Completionist trophy, since this is a required mission to have 100% synchronization.

As stated, it would appear that there is no way to replay the Peg Leg missions, so it looks like if you didn't get 100% the first time through, you are pretty much SOL.
You can replay the Peg Leg missions...