XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
dollamanna

Default Brawler Challenge?

Hey, I've got stuck on one of the brawler challenges. The one where you have to kill 5 enemies after a smoke bomb. I've tried it several times and I would say I've completed the requirements multiple times but I haven't got it. Any ideas?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Shadiest187

You know it has to be within 10 seconds right? & they have to be all showing signs of still being affected by the smoke bomb when you kill them...

I used the tomahawk personally because he doesn't seem to piss around with it as much as the hidden blades & goes for a kill almost every time
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
dollamanna

Yeah, within 10 seconds, perhaps I'm just too slow but I would say I've done it within 10 seconds :P Ok, I'll have a go with the tomahawk instead, thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
miller3n88

Def what they said it worked for me
miller3n88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Shadiest187

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollamanna View Post
Yeah, within 10 seconds, perhaps I'm just too slow but I would say I've done it within 10 seconds :P Ok, I'll have a go with the tomahawk instead, thanks
Best of luck, you'll get it in the end...

I tend to have the tomahawk equipped & the rope dart in the other slot, yanking down that last guy or even a few of them with tapping twice & burying a tomahawk in his back is a quick method of dispatch
Old 11-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Darth_Krid
Guide Team

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Gold Submission   25,000 Posts   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Gold  Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

This has to be in low profile, i.e. not in conflict. So find a group of guards marching down the road (Frontier is the best) and drop a smoke bomb in the middle of them, then assassinate away with .

Hidden blade was the best for me as it's quick.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
whassupbun

Do you know how to achieve kill streaks? It's the quickest way to defeat multiple enemies who are grouped together. You'll have to do it for some of the 100% sync optional objectives, so you might as well learn it now if you don't know how to do it (if you do, just ignore the rest of this post):

Wait for an enemy to attack you, then counter (in your case, just attack any one of them after they're affected by the smoke bomb), observe and wait for Connor to deal the killing blow, as soon as he lands it, push your left analog stick toward the next nearby enemy and hold , Connor will move swiftly to kill the next enemy in one hit, repeat for the rest of the enemies.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
IamCaboose

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whassupbun View Post
Do you know how to achieve kill streaks? It's the quickest way to defeat multiple enemies who are grouped together. You'll have to do it for some of the 100% sync optional objectives, so you might as well learn it now if you don't know how to do it (if you do, just ignore the rest of this post):

Wait for an enemy to attack you, then counter (in your case, just attack any one of them after they're affected by the smoke bomb), observe and wait for Connor to deal the killing blow, as soon as he lands it, push your left analog stick toward the next nearby enemy and hold , Connor will move swiftly to kill the next enemy in one hit, repeat for the rest of the enemies.
This is not how to complete the challenge. At all.

It's like Darth_Krid says. Don't start a fight then throw the smoke bomb. You'll probably be able to get the 5 kills necessary but for some reason it won't register. Throw the bomb first then stab everyone with the hidden blade.

IamCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
whassupbun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaboose View Post
This is not how to complete the challenge. At all.
Well funny how that's exactly how I completed the challenge. I tailed a group of redcoats in the frontier, threw a smoke bomb at them, use the kill streak move on them and killed 5 of them under 10 seconds.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
jvaferreira
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to jvaferreira

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Word of Mouth - Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

You don't have to be in combat. You can throw smoke bombs you know?
Throw a smoke bomb into a group of guards and just walk through them while pressing and with your hidden blades equiped. He'll kill EVERYONE without them even notice.

Note: don't run through them, just walk.
jvaferreira is offline   Reply With Quote