craft soap help

darthadi

help please, i need to craft 2 soaps for the central boston deliverey request, i carnt figure out what the first ingredient is cos the picture is not that clear

Well. Then select the recipe for Soap and scroll off to the left so you can read what each ingredient is. I know Ubisoft didn't tell us how to do this... I feel your pain. I didn't realize I could do that at first either. Selecting recipe won't make you craft it, then you also have to know that you can scroll over to the left to view ingredients too... wish they had a tutorial on crafting and more than just one on sending one slot of wood to a store via convoy... Ugh...

I like my advice better. You're giving a man a fish. I'm teaching him to fish. LOL :)

This is a forum to help other people. No need to be a smart arse about it, just tell him what's required. Yes, you're right that there's no manual to tell us to go left and see what item is needed, but just tell him rather than tell him to do it himself.

Fellow Darth, you need one of each of the following:

Bear Grease

Charcoal

Rosemary

And to have recruited the Innkeeper to make it.

This is a forum to help other people. No need to be a smart arse about it, just tell him what's required. Yes, you're right that there's no manual to tell us to go left and see what item is needed, but just tell him rather than tell him to do it himself.

Fellow Darth, you need one of each of the following:

Bear Grease

Charcoal

Rosemary

And to have recruited the Innkeeper to make it.

But I've just enabled him to not have to come back here every time he doesn't have an ingredient he can't figure out... Ok, fine. I'll make everyone else I ever help dependent on this forum from now on... Rather than making them self reliant, I'll make it so I have to help them over... and over... and over... that sounds like fun.

I thought I was being more helpful by making him or her self reliant. Sorry if that sounded arse-ish.

thanks for reply:applause::applause:

You're very welcome. Hope you don't mind being able to play the game from now on without having to come here to find out what ingredients you need. LOL

Edited by RandomRansom
added second reply to reduce posts

Thanks, I needed this too. I actually knew the ingredients but not the artisan to do it. I'll select the innkeeper. Problem is that I cant select bear grease. Only Connor has that on him, right? I can't select it. The whole interface for crafting/trading/blah-blah-blah sucks. Pressing CIRCLE backs you out further than where you want to go And you have to do way more scrolling than if they designed it better. I guess UBI decided to throw in random crap and then make it a necessity.

Thanks, I needed this too. I actually knew the ingredients but not the artisan to do it. I'll select the innkeeper. Problem is that I cant select bear grease. Only Connor has that on him, right? I can't select it. The whole interface for crafting/trading/blah-blah-blah sucks. Pressing CIRCLE backs you out further than where you want to go And you have to do way more scrolling than if they designed it better. I guess UBI decided to throw in random crap and then make it a necessity.

Just scroll down to Connor's stuff while selecting the ingredients (he's at the bottom if memory serves)... I think. If that doesn't work, then all you need to do is select the soap (or desired) crafting recipe. Everything will just slot into place (even the artisan).

And, I completely agree with you on the menu system... even beyond the crafting/trading menus. Don't look at the new info about the new location/person/group/etc. that pops op on your screen or you'll have to back out of 4 menus to get back to the game. Then backing out of a start menu, sub menu always brings you back to the Resume selection whether you want to be there or not. Ugh...

Just scroll down to Connor's stuff while selecting the ingredients (he's at the bottom if memory serves)... I think. If that doesn't work, then all you need to do is select the soap (or desired) crafting recipe. Everything will just slot into place (even the artisan).

And, I completely agree with you on the menu system... even beyond the crafting/trading menus. Don't look at the new info about the new location/person/group/etc. that pops op on your screen or you'll have to back out of 4 menus to get back to the game. Then backing out of a start menu, sub menu always brings you back to the Resume selection whether you want to be there or not. Ugh...

Thanks. It was weird, before when I tried to craft absolutely NOTHING would show up in Connor submenu. I sold everything I had and then got a few items and they showed up again. So I guess my inventory might have been too high.

Exactly how I feel. The menu system is atrocious. I haven't encountered a menu system this bad before. But anyways, I better hunt some bears to get some more grease so I can finish my soap crafting.

Ok, no reason to be an ass....

a little full of ourselves are we?

I already addressed this in a previous post, but, if you insist, I'll quote myself.

"But I've just enabled him to not have to come back here every time he doesn't have an ingredient he can't figure out... Ok, fine. I'll make everyone else I ever help dependent on this forum from now on... Rather than making them self-reliant, I'll make it so I have to help them over... and over... and over... that sounds like fun.

I thought I was being more helpful by making him or her self-reliant. Sorry if that sounded arse-ish."

And the smiley face at the end of that post you're criticizing was to show levity while retaining brevity.