Do I have to play through the game again for the homestead missions?

himynameismattyk

I'm going for the Ben Franklin invention trophy. I beat the game and now, no homestead missions are showing up. Am I screwed or is there still a way to get the missions?

As far as I know, or have heard, there's absolutely no way to screw up the Homestead missions. I suspect you just need to head on over to one of the other maps, Boston or the Frontier in particular, and look for the quest icons there. Alternately, check your quest log to make sure you're not in the middle of a quest already, that you've forgotten about.

As far as I know, or have heard, there's absolutely no way to screw up the Homestead missions. I suspect you just need to head on over to one of the other maps, Boston or the Frontier in particular, and look for the quest icons there. Alternately, check your quest log to make sure you're not in the middle of a quest already, that you've forgotten about.

I already did and NOTHING is showing up...

I'm going for the Ben Franklin invention trophy. I beat the game and now, no homestead missions are showing up. Am I screwed or is there still a way to get the missions?

Do you have everyone at level 3? Have you completed the Achilles mission?

[spoiler=achilles]

he kicks the bucket

If not have you got Big Dave's tools you have to buy them in New York (doesn't show on map go to any of the general stores in NY)

Edited by Snaddef

If you have finished all your homestead missions and have a recipe for the invention (which is obtained by collecting almanac pages) just go to the accounting book (manor or store) and go to crafting then under recipe if you click on that a list of all the recipes of have unlocked will show up go to inventions then it'll tell you what you need to craft one of them once you have all that is required just craft it and the trophy should appear.

If you have finished all your homestead missions and have a recipe for the invention (which is obtained by collecting almanac pages) just go to the accounting book (manor or store) and go to crafting then under recipe if you click on that a list of all the recipes of have unlocked will show up go to inventions then it'll tell you what you need to craft one of them once you have all that is required just craft it and the trophy should appear.

I just went back to my homestead and I only saw 4 people that I recruited. You have to have far more than that, right? So I'm probably missing a bunch of them. I remember going through the game and saying to myself "I'll do those homestead missions when I'm done with the game". Well now I'm done and none of them are appearing. I went to every location and there are no icons for homestead missions.

If the missions need to be done during certain sequences, I'm going to have to start a new file and do a speed run. I just need someone to confirm this. I don't want to start going after almanac pages for no reason to find out that I have to start the game over to recruit everyone on the homestead.

The worst thing about this is that if I have to start over, I'll have to get 100% on the new playthrough to get that trophy because homestead missions count towards this. Someone PLEASE tell me this isn't necessary.

Edited by himynameismattyk

Dont start a new file man. I had to do that because my woodworker glitched for the Encyclopedia of the common man trophy. The "speed run" takes much longer than you think. Remember you don't even play as Connor till sequence 4.

Who do you have on your homestead so far? I got stuck until i realized you have to progress Norris far enough to where he needs a knife. Then the blacksmith mission unlocks.

I can confirm that they dont have to be done in a certain sequence!

Edited by TINxCUP

Dont start a new file man. I had to do that because my woodworker glitched for the Encyclopedia of the common man trophy. The "speed run" takes much longer than you think. Remember you don't even play as Connor till sequence 4.

Who do you have on your homestead so far? I got stuck until i realized you have to progress Norris far enough to where he needs a knife. Then the blacksmith mission unlocks.

I van confirm that they dont have to be done in a certain sequence!

I'm out right now and won't be home until later so I will post to you when I'm back on tonight and I'll tell you who I have. Thanks!

Don't forget to Check Boston, New York, and Frontier, explore if there are parts of map not showing!

i had

Woodworker 2/3 but is listed in Database, so if listed in Database its done!

Lumberers 3/3 but isn’t listed in Database had to do a 4 time and got trophy!

If ever start over don't need delete current save, there are other user spots when you load the game! so won't lose current game!

I've heard there are cheats that can change the weather if needed! gotten with Pivots after beat game!

I can confirm that they dont have to be done in a certain sequence!

I went to the frontier and found a mission then the miner popped up (I think in NY) but now I don't see any more missions. How can you tell the level of your workers?

There is no mission for the inventions. You just have to craft them.

actually ur residents needs to be leveled up to craft them so i see the problem here. im following this thread to be sure if its really glitched for the op or if he just missing something. i happy anyway i do all homestead missions after each sequence its worth looking into it though because i have been thinking to just do story fast

I went to the frontier and found a mission then the miner popped up (I think in NY) but now I don't see any more missions. How can you tell the level of your workers?

You can go to your accounting book (either at your mansion or at any general store) and try to craft something. When you do it will show the level of the artisan next to their picture.

So who is on your homestead? Did you save the miner from getting beat up? You have the lumberers right? Maybe the huntress?

Gotta know who you have so I can tell you where to find the others.

1 more last thing. check ur logbook. there might be a mission active u didnt finish yet. no homestead missions did pop up until i checked logbook and saw there was a quest from big dave active where i needed to buy 2 items in general store. after i did that quest new popped up

ps: achilles count also to make new pop up

second edit: big dave quest also didnt show a marker just trying to help you here

Edited by Hogger

actually ur residents needs to be leveled up to craft them so i see the problem here. im following this thread to be sure if its really glitched for the op or if he just missing something. i happy anyway i do all homestead missions after each sequence its worth looking into it though because i have been thinking to just do story fast

After reading all this post with someone having problems day after day, I'm feeling super lucky that I didn't encounter ANY glitch. It seems hard to believe even for me.

You can go to your accounting book (either at your mansion or at any general store) and try to craft something. When you do it will show the level of the artisan next to their picture.

So who is on your homestead? Did you save the miner from getting beat up? You have the lumberers right? Maybe the huntress?

Gotta know who you have so I can tell you where to find the others.

After doing the liberation missions, a few homestead missions popped up at the homestead. When I go to the accounting book and go to artisans, I can only choose lance at level 1 and Oliver at level 1. When I click on recipes, it shows a few others but thy are red. What does this mean? Also, how do they level up?

After doing the liberation missions, a few homestead missions popped up at the homestead. When I go to the accounting book and go to artisans, I can only choose lance at level 1 and Oliver at level 1. When I click on recipes, it shows a few others but thy are red. What does this mean? Also, how do they level up?

With the recipe's, when they are red it means you don't have the item need to craft that recipe. if you move over to the stockpile option (to the left of the crafting option) sometime you can by the items needed.

You level them up by completing missions for them. For example, to level up Norris (the miner) you have to get flowers for him to give to his girl. then you have to protect him while he mines for gold, then you have to help him propose to his girl. Doing all three of these missions gets Norrris to level three. The same goes for the other members of the homestead.

If you haven't found the huntress yet, she can be found right outside your mansion on the homestead. just walk out the front door and down the hill to the left. she'll be lying there screaming for help.

Also, if you see markers on your map indicating that you need to converse with someone, be sure to have those conversations. Often they can lead to more homestead missions. Like the farmers will tell you they need a doctor because they're having a baby, then the doctor missions are added.

With the recipe's, when they are red it means you don't have the item need to craft that recipe. if you move over to the stockpile option (to the left of the crafting option) sometime you can by the items needed.

You level them up by completing missions for them. For example, to level up Norris (the miner) you have to get flowers for him to give to his girl. then you have to protect him while he mines for gold, then you have to help him propose to his girl. Doing all three of these missions gets Norrris to level three. The same goes for the other members of the homestead.

If you haven't found the huntress yet, she can be found right outside your mansion on the homestead. just walk out the front door and down the hill to the left. she'll be lying there screaming for help.

Also, if you see markers on your map indicating that you need to converse with someone, be sure to have those conversations. Often they can lead to more homestead missions. Like the farmers will tell you they need a doctor because they're having a baby, then the doctor missions are added.

Awesome. Thanks for going out of your way to help me. I really appreciate it! Now I hope I can get the Encyclopedia trophy without it glitching..

Awesome. Thanks for going out of your way to help me. I really appreciate it! Now I hope I can get the Encyclopedia trophy without it glitching..

No Problem, anytime.

Hope you get it without it glitching too. One word of advice for it - If you use eagle vision and the person shows up gold, that means they're doing something that needs to be scanned. If they're blue, DONT scan them.

Good luck!

No Problem, anytime.

Hope you get it without it glitching too. One word of advice for it - If you use eagle vision and the person shows up gold, that means they're doing something that needs to be scanned. If they're blue, DONT scan them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming scanning them when they're blue may be the cause of the glitch?