Hunting - help needed

jvaferreira

I'm working on Hunting Map, what animals would be best to add too it. like ones that don't' go near towns and harder to find! plan to add all animals sooner or later! and maybe clue locations! if find clue it counts as finding the animal too! if clue stay in the same places!

But I'm done with My hunting map so not sure where to look again for some of the animals, but have some recordings will be looking thru again to find some animals locations! sometimes didn't show map after finding most of the animals!

I could upload image if anyone wants to help?

jvaferreira,

Just set your custom marker for one area of John's Town...go there and look around the area...if nothing...set your marker for another area of John's Town...wash rinse and repeat til you find the missing animal. Remember to check every clue...you may get lucky and discover your missing animal that way.

I had the same problem with my last animal as well. I spent like two hours looking all through an area before I found it.

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u

I think this is the list you're looking for:

You do not need to kill one of every available animal in each area, you only need to discover them. This means that for each animal, you can either kill it, or analyse a clue it left. Either method counts as a discovery.

Black Creek: hare, beaver, elk, bobcat

Valley Forge: hare, beaver, raccoon, elk

Packanack: hare, beaver, bobcat, bear

Monmouth: hare, elk, raccoon, fox

Troy's Wood: hare, deer, elk, wolf

Scotch Plains: hare, deer, cougar, raccoon

Lexington: hare, raccoon, fox, deer

Great Piece Hills: hare, elk, wolf, bobcat

John's Town: hare, bear, fox, elk

Kanien:keh: hare, fox, deer, cougar

Diamond Basin: beaver, deer, wolf, cougar

Concord: hare, raccoon, deer, beaver

Homestead: hare, wolf, fox, beaver, raccoon, elk, deer

You'll need all of these for one of the hunting challenges. Like it says, you'll need to kill/skin them or simply analyze clue. For one of the challenges, you'll also need to skin every type of animal. So hit both the birds with a stone, if you like.

When your cursor is on Hunting Map, hit right and you'll see what animals you've already captured in any of the area. If you hit Square button and read up on them, you'll also see which ones you can lure with bait, and which ones you can use the traps to catch - very helpful information.

The bitches are fox and bobcat (I think) because they run away if you approach them noisily. If they don't leave a clue, be ready with your bow to kill them. You'll get back your arrow too if you skin the animal.

Also Beaver sucks to find in Valley Forge - they're on the island NorthEast of Packanack. Elks in the homestead are in the complete west/middle of the map. You'll knock off a few of the homestead animals through the homestead missions (hunting line).

Hope this saves you a lot of time.

Is anyone else having problems finding animals in the hunting regions? I have one animal missing in John's Town, after makiing a search I found out it was elk. I have been searching the are for one for more that one hour now and I can't find one

If I remember correctly, you'll want to check the area just south of the entrance to the Homestead (not all the way down by the water, where the bears are, just walk from the Homestead entrance fast travel spot) to find the elks in that area.

I think this is the list you're looking for:

You'll need all of these for one of the hunting challenges. Like it says, you'll need to kill/skin them or simply analyze clue. For one of the challenges, you'll also need to skin every type of animal. So hit both the birds with a stone, if you like.

When your cursor is on Hunting Map, hit right and you'll see what animals you've already captured in any of the area. If you hit Square button and read up on them, you'll also see which ones you can lure with bait, and which ones you can use the traps to catch - very helpful information.

The bitches are fox and bobcat (I think) because they run away if you approach them noisily. If they don't leave a clue, be ready with your bow to kill them. You'll get back your arrow too if you skin the animal.

Also Beaver sucks to find in Valley Forge - they're on the island NorthEast of Packanack. Elks in the homestead are in the complete west/middle of the map. You'll knock off a few of the homestead animals through the homestead missions (hunting line).

Hope this saves you a lot of time.

Wait, so you don't need to kill every animal to have it added to the map? Only analyse clues?

This would save me a ton of time! As I've already killed one of every animal so just need to complete the map.

Am I missing something here? I have identified all animals in the Frontier (all the icons are showing) and it still says I haven't completed it...another glitch?

You have to do the Homestead too mate :)

EDIT: :ninja: by yourself :p

Edited by Darth_Krid

Worked on some Hunting Maps (not complete yet will update more!)

http://imageshack.us/a/img255/1080/frontierhuntingmapbgwit.png

I noticed Bear Mouth/teeth in BG of map in Packanack its also a good Bear location! "Circled in Red!"

http://imageshack.us/a/img100/9145/homestead1x.png

Those, Sir, are superb.

Great effort. What I'd do is when they're finished, create a new thread called "Assassin's Creed III Complete Hunting Map" and put those in, and I'll refer the guide team to it. You have no idea how long it took me to find some of those last animals when I was doing this!