Hunting Map Help

franchiseboy83

The animal types apparently spawn randomly, so there might not actually be any of a given type when you're in a particular area (absolutely swear there was not a single fox in Lexington the first few times I went). Beavers should be easy, though - if they're there, they will surely be by a body of water. Just run up and down the river and you should find them if they're there. If not, leave and come back later.

The animal types apparently spawn randomly, so there might not actually be any of a given type when you're in a particular area (absolutely swear there was not a single fox in Lexington the first few times I went).

nope, they definitely don't spawn randomly. a region has a set few types of animals that can be found, and each type of animal has its own area(s). you're pretty much guaranteed to find them every time if you goto their areas within the region.

think I found my Lexington foxes in the south-eastern area of Lexington.

nope, they definitely don't spawn randomly. a region has a set few types of animals that can be found, and each type of animal has its own area(s). you're pretty much guaranteed to find them every time if you goto their areas within the region.

think I found my Lexington foxes in the south-eastern area of Lexington.

I didn't mean that the types of animals are random in each region, but rather that sometimes you can go there and one (or more) of the types of animals for that region won't be available. You'll need to leave and go back to 'respawn' the animals there to find what you're missing.

I could be wrong, but I ran around Lexington for an hour (at least) checking the map every 5 seconds to make sure I covered everything, and found no sign of a fox at all. Then I fast traveled to the Homestead, got my last animal there, back to Lexington and found the fox in 30 seconds.

its always :circle: to counter first so soon as you see a red dot on your radar get ready to press that, then it goes slow motion and you get a second or 2 to push another button, with the bear and big elks each new attack starts with pressing :circle: to counter

Also the second button is releated to the type of attack high medium low e.g. with the bear you will have to dodge first attack with:circle: then the bear will make a second attack that will be one of three if bear stands on high legs it will attack high so :circle: to dodge and :triangle: will be the attack, similar for middle :circle: + :square: and low :circle: + :cross: attacks. You will get use to it pretty quick. Also othen the elk will run away before coming back for another attack which will result in having to do the initial dodge :circle: on its own again before the two button dodge and attack seq. Smaller animals e.g. wolves bobcats will be killed by one successful dodge and attack

Also othen the elk will run away before coming back for another attack which will result in having to do the initial dodge :circle: on its own again before the two button dodge and attack seq.

If you're quick enough, you can just do a normal kill on the elk after you dodge his first attack (if it was a dodge and counter prompt). If it was just a dodge prompt, then he'll normally follow up immediately with a second attack which is a dodge and counter.

does the 2nd button work the same way for the wolves then? because oak island was annoying as hell until i climbed a tree and cheated the system lol

It does, but it seems that the window is MUCH shorter for those wolves, so if you don't get it immediately upon the prompt, you'll probably miss.

Also the second button is releated to the type of attack high medium low e.g. with the bear you will have to dodge first attack with:circle: then the bear will make a second attack that will be one of three if bear stands on high legs it will attack high so :circle: to dodge and :triangle: will be the attack, similar for middle :circle: + :square: and low :circle: + :cross: attacks. You will get use to it pretty quick. Also othen the elk will run away before coming back for another attack which will result in having to do the initial dodge :circle: on its own again before the two button dodge and attack seq. Smaller animals e.g. wolves bobcats will be killed by one successful dodge and attack

thanks very much

:applause:

I didn't mean that the types of animals are random in each region, but rather that sometimes you can go there and one (or more) of the types of animals for that region won't be available. You'll need to leave and go back to 'respawn' the animals there to find what you're missing.

hmm really? I found most of the frontier animals within one sitting, just rode around frontier, finding all animals for one region before riding off to the next region...

some cases are quite hard to find, but I just googled for information on where to go etc... and never had any trouble as soon as I went to the right area for them. I didn't kill all animals though, sometimes I found their clue instead, and that counts as finding the animal.

I could be wrong, but I ran around Lexington for an hour (at least) checking the map every 5 seconds to make sure I covered everything, and found no sign of a fox at all. Then I fast traveled to the Homestead, got my last animal there, back to Lexington and found the fox in 30 seconds.

I've found on a few occasions that there are only 1 of a certain type of animal in a region. The fox in lexington was right on the edge by the road leading in/out. I found it after searching the entire region, laying traps and bait, and finally heading out and giving up and there it was right by the fast travel point, except I had walked across the map to it. I found the same to be true with a deer, a cougar, and now something in Davenport.