Rate the trophy difficulty...  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_55.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.73

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the platinum, I voted a 7. Mainly because the optional objectives you need to complete for some of the missions are ridiculous. Combine that with terrible controls, it becomes very frustrating.

All the other side missions, collectibles and tasks, while not necessarily hard, can be boring and time consuming. My save file says a total time played of 48 hours 13 minutes.

Voting a 5 because the game requires you to 100% the whole game (Completionist trophy) and it becomes a huge drag as you continue to play single player.

There are a few story missions and side missions that are tough to get 100% sync especially the last privateer mission. The minigames for Original Gamer trophy are rough and the collectibles + side missions are time consuming, therefore requiring lots of patience.

And most of all, this game is glitchy as hell which is very disappointing considering that this game was supposedly developed for 2+ years. I got lucky that "An Extraordinary Man" trophy didn't glitch up on me like it did for others.

Overall, it takes 40+ hours to platinum this game. Its not too hard but not very easy & enjoyable in terms of single player.

I think it deserves a 6 (without relying on the internet to solve things). Some of the 100% synch sequences require some careful thought and extra precise controlling (fighting the sometimes clunky control mechanics). Winning the expert level board games does take some thoughtful tactics since the AI plays nearly perfectly. Otherwise the game is simply time consuming, but the view is always enthrallingly beautiful anyways.

The multiplayer trophies are also quite easy and can be done almost entirely with the co-op Wolfpack mode rather than competitive play (you only need to win 1 competitive team game).

Got the platinum yesterday, the game says I've spend 40 hours and 2 minutes on single player.

Gave it a 6 because some of the challenges were... :think: challenging... and the mini-games :2walls: those stupid pivot things took me a while to figure out as well, such a pain.

But anyway, great game, really enjoyed it, I still prefer Ezio though :p

I rated it a 7. Almost 40 hours in the game and stand at a 95% sync. The reason for the 7 are te stupid optional goals, some are really not realistic, like don't push somebody, while the one you chasing pushes every npc he find.

Besides that, the freaking minigames. I like a challenge, but the AI is almost perfect everytime. How do you get to win from that? Well tonight it will be trail and error again for the minigames.

Just got the plat trophy so it's voting time. I was thinking 6 but voted 5. The 100% objectives don't feel right but I did not have any trouble except for 1 mission. Judging by the posts here I guess I just got lucky.

For some reason getting the collectables wasn't that annoying as I expected.

Anything else doesn't give you any trouble I got most of the 'special' trophies like Spit Roast by just playing the game. 'Abusing' certain mission checkpoints to finish off challenges makes them also quite easy.

Also I proud myself of having beating Achilles in Fanorano by myself without any computer without having a fucking clue how this game even works. Really cracked me up. Tried once more later and got destroyed. xD

GL to everyone still hunting for the trophy

4/10

I have around 44 hours logged into my save and I can safely say that half of that was just me leaving the game running while I was away. The story is short (felt like the shortest in the series), most of the 100% sync requirements are easy (a huge relief, since I always found them maddening before), all the collectibles are time consuming but simple once you buy maps. The only things that ever gave me any real trouble were finding a courier for the Thief challenges and getting the Original Gamer trophy, which was remedied by a timely video tutorial.

I was dreading the multiplayer ones too, since I'm terrible at Manhunt, but thanks to Wolfpack I got them all rather easily, and enjoyed it.

This game is too short, plagued with bugs, and an extremely disappointing end to Desmond's storyline; overall it feels sloppy. Ironic since they were apparently working on it for 3 years. Still, it's not terrible, even if it is probably the biggest disappointment of the series.

Man, you truly need to be a dedicated player to have platted ACIII in so short a time after the release. I know for I have played it constantly for a week whenever I had time and got the Platinum trophy just now! Clock says a second below 40 hours :D I guess that is the average time judging from the last few posts. To beat that one needs to have his nose buried to strategy guide and as we all know it's not necessary but for few things...

Firstly, the side missions like assassination, courier and delivery don't show at the map automaticly if you're not spot on at the right place. It leaves you running desperately all over New York and Boston looking for clues where to find them. Luckily the little villages give some pointer at the wilderness, otherwise it would be a nightmare to comb every notch.

Secondly, some of the club challenges were elusive and annoying, but for example the infamous map completions weren't a sweat cause after searching my ass of for the side missions and updating my hunting map the requirements were instantly met x)

Everything else was kind of easy as pie. Original gamer was pain for a while, but after

***********************SPOILER***************************

(Achilles kicked the bucket)

***********************SPOILER***************************

I won Fanorana first try. Or then I just got lucky. Morris can be beaten if you abuse the farthest corners of the board. The petanque game was a breeze.

Game mechanics were changed for no good reason and it gave me some headache but after a while they felt natural. I still prefer the old controls.

Honestly I didn't care less about the online trophies after playing ACB and ACR multiplayer infinite amount of time. There are new maps, but the thing has not changed a bit... And the wolf pack... Surely no one knows how to play that mode... 'cause every session I participated everyone was just running for the target, making a low score kill and ending the game at the sequence 5 or so. Never have I had a sync-kill at that mode. Just ass! Luckily you can play it alone and after finishing one session at sequence 25 I was rewarded with whopping 15,000 xp :D (Including the challenge bonuses, but nevertheless). And it was a sureshot way to collect experience.

All in all, ACIII was a little disappointment, for storywise at least, but I enjoyed playing it and it offered much to do even after finishing the main plot. Platinumwise, I feel the difficulty is 3. Really, there are no DIFFICULT trophies per se, just time consuming! ACB still stands as the hardest Assassin's Creed to plat.

edit: It's also ass, that one needs to wait to get 100% 'cause there is AGAIN the release DLC trophies far in the future...

Edited by fluojn

Got Platinum last night.

95% of the game was very easy. Most challenges and objectives were done on the fly first time around. Beeing able to restart at checkpoints made it almost too easy. Multiplayer trophies were a walk in the park. Wolfpack mode a godsend to the novice AC player. Would have voted 4/10 if it wasn't for a couple of missions with stupidly hard objectives and that obnoxious Fanorona minigame (Why couldn't they just do Backgammon instead of Fanorona?).

Ended up giving it a 7/10 (+3 points for hairpulling and frustration).

Time to platinum +/- 40 hours. Could have been alot faster, but spent quite alot of time afk or roaming the countryside, hunting and exploring.

Gave it a 7/10, should have the platinum tomorrow.

Would be lower but I found most of my 40+ hours in this world so damn tedious, especially the hunting and the Original Gamer trophy. Certainly didn't have as much fun with this as I did Brotherhood or Revelations.

I am looking forward to the awesome sounding DLC though...

if you're lucky enough to have no Glitches like me then Honestly I'd give it a 3-4/10 it's a long process but the trophies are easy the hardest one in my opinion was win a Team game ¬_¬' I kinda suck at those either me or my team does I did always place second or first in my team after all... and the Optional Objectives are insanely fun in my opinion even though I had to restart a few times I never felt frustrated or felt the game got tedious!

The only ones I had difficulty with, was getting the last Privateer mission 100% and the mini-game related tasks. Finished the story in 5 days, then spent another a week trophy hunting (had class during the week, so i was not playing non stop). Spent a whole day on a speed run because Encyclopedia of the Common Man glitched on me.

Gave it a 3/10, perhaps a little bit time consuming, but nothing really THAT difficult.