XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
Mickymaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman3315 View Post
Okay... so thanks to a helpful tip by Auguscht28, I may have figured out a way to track down a courier fairly easily. He said he found one at an intersection in South Boston (after beating the story and at 99% completion) so I wandered around that part of town and a courier spawned here:

I was standing at the exact spot where my player icon is (not the "set marker" thing) and the courier spawned right by where he's marked on the map there (by the little red icon). I was just moving around slowly (walking... not running), and I took that photo immediately after he appeared. For what it's worth, it happened during daytime in the game. I ran after him for a while and used a rope dart on him, but unfortunately I did that by a bunch of other guards... All hell broke loose after that and the courier got away.

The reason I think this might be a solution? I went right back to that spot, slowly walked around again at that intersection (and by this time the sun had gone down in the game), and within a few minutes another courier spawned at the EXACT same spot. I ran after him, waited until we weren't around any other guards (after what happened to me the first time), got close enough for a tackle, pressed circle, laid him out... and it registered for a completed portion of the challenge. VICTORY.

If anyone else needs this part of the challenge, please head to this same spot in Boston and see if you can confirm if this is a definite spawn point or if I'm just a lucky SOB.

Good luck!
i can confirm this place works, and the poison dart was a good idea because soon as i started chasing him i got into conflict and stopped, so i darted him and tackled him through all the soldiers chasing me
Mickymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #32
LaochEire

Send a message via Skype™ to LaochEire

Throwing coins on the ground spawns them. Works for me 100% of the time. Walk around throwing them though, don't stand in one place.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #33
oooaznkid

I went on a killing spree and spawned three in 15 minutes ... Not sure if that works everytime but that worked for me

I don't accept blank friend requests!
oooaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
souj83

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Okay... so thanks to a helpful tip by Auguscht28, I may have figured out a way to track down a courier fairly easily. He said he found one at an intersection in South Boston (after beating the story and at 99% completion) so I wandered around that part of town and a courier spawned here:

If anyone else needs this part of the challenge, please head to this same spot in Boston and see if you can confirm if this is a definite spawn point or if I'm just a lucky SOB.

Good luck!
I would like to say that this is a spawn point for courier. I was standing at that point for about 7 minutes and one arrive to the left of me.
But they are FAST!!!! but i use a poison dart when i got close to him and catch him. Thank for the tip and i can confirm that this work. Just need to stand in this area for at least 15 mins.

Thank to RED_REBEL44 for the signature
PS3T Custom Trophy List 1.0 - 11/50
PS3T Custom Trophy List 2.0 - 29/50

Playing: Custom trophy list games & THL

souj83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
Thrasher

It worked! Thanks a lot!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #36
SimonD

Still having no luck at that location, also tried at the north east docks in boston and nothing.

Do I just stand at the spot and wait? Or do I have to move around until he appears?
SimonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #37
Heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
Still having no luck at that location, also tried at the north east docks in boston and nothing.

Do I just stand at the spot and wait? Or do I have to move around until he appears?
That location in boston worked pretty well for me.

Other thing was I was in West NY starting riots and one spawned pretty quickly. I wasn´t running though, just walking with the mob.
Heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #38
AKA-FAST-1

Quote:

I was standing at the exact spot where my player icon is (not the "set marker" thing) and the courier spawned right by where he's marked on the map there (by the little red icon). I was just moving around slowly (walking... not running), and I took that photo immediately after he appeared. For what it's worth, it happened during daytime in the game. I ran after him for a while and used a rope dart on him, but unfortunately I did that by a bunch of other guards... All hell broke loose after that and the courier got away.

The reason I think this might be a solution? I went right back to that spot, slowly walked around again at that intersection (and by this time the sun had gone down in the game), and within a few minutes another courier spawned at the EXACT same spot. I ran after him, waited until we weren't around any other guards (after what happened to me the first time), got close enough for a tackle, pressed circle, laid him out... and it registered for a completed portion of the challenge. VICTORY.

Good luck!
Ok I tried this spot with no luck. I stood around, walked slowly and nothing. Then I read on another forum about throwing money and walking around and so I started just walking down the streets in this general area, throwing money as I walked and the courier finally spawned. I used the rope dart 3 times to catch him. Hope this helps some having trouble like I was.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #39
P_Pigly_Hogswine

I found 2 in Boston in Sequence 6. Missed the first one but got the second with a tackle. Takes ages to chase them as they run faster than previous games and you run slower as there is no sprint.

Best method is to try and cut them on corners. They corner at right angles, if you cut across you make up good ground.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #40
PratikH

Instead of running after him, just use a rope dart to knock him down. It might take a couple of shots to close the gap.