XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Assassin485
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 69
Default How to complete "Reach the Old Growth Forest" mission

This is the mission where you have to chase down the Patriots on horses before they get to your village. I take out the first guy attending to his horse. Then, I take out the 3 guys who are riding slow on their horses. After that, I chase after a guy that I can never seem to catch up to or get close enough to shot him with my gun. There is a way to do this, I've just haven't figured that out. I was wondering if anyone has completed this part and how you did it.
__________________
Assassin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Melar
 
Melar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 173
Default

Use the bow. It's faster reloading should do the trick.
__________________
Melar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Assassin485
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

How close would I have to get to be able to use it on him? I'm also all out of arrows. Is there any other way?
__________________

Last edited by Assassin485; 11-04-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Assassin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #4
Mushy Snugglebites
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pandora
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin485 View Post
How close would I have to get to be able to use it on him? I'm also all out of arrows. Is there any other way?
This mission really pissed me off all of those turns with horses that automatically go onto stupid ass rocks -_- at first I was trying to 100% sync it but I gave up so when I got to the 3 guys I shot 1 then got off my horse and killed the others and took one of there horses idk if there horses are faster or what but I was able to get close enough to the last guy that I could assassinate him from jumping off the horse.
Mushy Snugglebites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Assassin485
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Well, what I did when I came up to the 3 guys was I jumped onto one of the horses, killed the guy, did that again, and then shot the last one. Do you remember which horse you got one because I've jumped on 2 out of the 3 of them at least once and none of them got me any closer. I think the closest I've got to the last guy was 20m. I tried pressing the button to shoot when I saw him, but I guess I wasn't close enough to him to do it. I've also had the same problem with the rocks and some times it would just stop me completely.
__________________
Assassin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #6
Mushy Snugglebites
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pandora
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin485 View Post
Well, what I did when I came up to the 3 guys was I jumped onto one of the horses, killed the guy, did that again, and then shot the last one. Do you remember which horse you got one because I've jumped on 2 out of the 3 of them at least once and none of them got me any closer. I think the closest I've got to the last guy was 20m. I tried pressing the button to shoot when I saw him, but I guess I wasn't close enough to him to do it. I've also had the same problem with the rocks and some times it would just stop me completely.
I just got on the horse that was closest to me that wasnt my original horse. The mission is really about luck because the horses don't control all that well especially when they auto jump onto things also one attempt at the mission a bobcat was standing in the middle of the path and caused me to fail that attempt overall it's one of the more frustrating missions in the game.
Mushy Snugglebites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 AM   #7
Assassin485
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Snugglebites View Post
it's one of the more frustrating missions in the game.
I could not agree more with that. Others I've had trouble 100% syncing, but this is the only mission, so far that I've just haven't been able to do. The horse you're speaking of is the only horse I haven't tried to jumping on, so I guess I'll give it a shot.
__________________
Assassin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
Mushy Snugglebites
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pandora
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin485 View Post
I could not agree more with that. Others I've had trouble 100% syncing, but this is the only mission, so far that I've just haven't been able to do. The horse you're speaking of is the only horse I haven't tried to jumping on, so I guess I'll give it a shot.
I also had problems with the side mission where you have to chase the bobcat it got to the point where i put down mines in the area where the bobcat first runs, got a damaged pelt but whatever I was sick of chasing the damn thing and never catching it lol
Mushy Snugglebites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
Assassin485
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Just thought that I would bump this up because I still can't get it. Was wondering if anyone else has gotten past it and what they did.
__________________
Assassin485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
FiresDestroy
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Are you using the spur horse option (pressing x while holding sprint)? I kept getting outrun by the last horseman until I realized I was an idiot and forgot it existed. Got it first try when i used it.
FiresDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.