How to complete "Reach the Old Growth Forest" mission

Assassin485

This is the mission where you have to chase down the Patriots on horses before they get to your village. I take out the first guy attending to his horse. Then, I take out the 3 guys who are riding slow on their horses. After that, I chase after a guy that I can never seem to catch up to or get close enough to shot him with my gun. There is a way to do this, I've just haven't figured that out. I was wondering if anyone has completed this part and how you did it.

How close would I have to get to be able to use it on him? I'm also all out of arrows. Is there any other way?

This mission really pissed me off all of those turns with horses that automatically go onto stupid ass rocks -_- at first I was trying to 100% sync it but I gave up so when I got to the 3 guys I shot 1 then got off my horse and killed the others and took one of there horses idk if there horses are faster or what but I was able to get close enough to the last guy that I could assassinate him from jumping off the horse.

Well, what I did when I came up to the 3 guys was I jumped onto one of the horses, killed the guy, did that again, and then shot the last one. Do you remember which horse you got one because I've jumped on 2 out of the 3 of them at least once and none of them got me any closer. I think the closest I've got to the last guy was 20m. I tried pressing the button to shoot when I saw him, but I guess I wasn't close enough to him to do it. I've also had the same problem with the rocks and some times it would just stop me completely.

Well, what I did when I came up to the 3 guys was I jumped onto one of the horses, killed the guy, did that again, and then shot the last one. Do you remember which horse you got one because I've jumped on 2 out of the 3 of them at least once and none of them got me any closer. I think the closest I've got to the last guy was 20m. I tried pressing the button to shoot when I saw him, but I guess I wasn't close enough to him to do it. I've also had the same problem with the rocks and some times it would just stop me completely.

I just got on the horse that was closest to me that wasnt my original horse. The mission is really about luck because the horses don't control all that well especially when they auto jump onto things also one attempt at the mission a bobcat was standing in the middle of the path and caused me to fail that attempt overall it's one of the more frustrating missions in the game.

it's one of the more frustrating missions in the game.

I could not agree more with that. Others I've had trouble 100% syncing, but this is the only mission, so far that I've just haven't been able to do. The horse you're speaking of is the only horse I haven't tried to jumping on, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

I could not agree more with that. Others I've had trouble 100% syncing, but this is the only mission, so far that I've just haven't been able to do. The horse you're speaking of is the only horse I haven't tried to jumping on, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

I also had problems with the side mission where you have to chase the bobcat it got to the point where i put down mines in the area where the bobcat first runs, got a damaged pelt but whatever I was sick of chasing the damn thing and never catching it lol

This is the mission where you have to chase down the Patriots on horses before they get to your village. I take out the first guy attending to his horse. Then, I take out the 3 guys who are riding slow on their horses. After that, I chase after a guy that I can never seem to catch up to or get close enough to shot him with my gun. There is a way to do this, I've just haven't figured that out. I was wondering if anyone has completed this part and how you did it.

Just run over the first guy, he dies if you hit him with your horse. The three guys you come up against... I actually got lucky, shot one with an arrow, shot the next with an arrow and I think I killed the other guy with a gun (lucked out and they didn't shoot me off my horse).

The last guy I didn't have trouble with. I just kept spurring my horse, and I even got close enough and horse to horse assassinated him. Try to cut across paths (when viable) because he'll always follow the road.

Hope that helps.

I also had problems with the side mission where you have to chase the bobcat it got to the point where i put down mines in the area where the bobcat first runs, got a damaged pelt but whatever I was sick of chasing the damn thing and never catching it lol

I cheated on that mission. I ran to where I knew he was going to go and shot him as he jumped over the ridge. Just track where he's going to go (go into the cave if necessary). Familiarize yourself with where he's going to go and just run right to the cliff area where he comes out of the cave and jumps across the gulch. If you stand on the other side of the gulch then he'll jump right into you (though I'd recommend shooting him just to be safe). He never gets too far away (the game complains about it once, but if you're close enough it won't matter). He also seems to take his time at one point close to where he is about to jump toward you, but don't be fooled... he's coming.

There's another mission like this where I had to cheat. I knew where a guy was going to run so I headed him off so I could tackle him from above (I'm sure you know which mission I'm talking about if you've gotten there).

there is also a hunting quest where you have to catch a bobcat that runs off and you basically run left a little at the start and just keep him in range because he circles right around and comes back to that start bit, so i just stood there and got him when he ran into me

That's what I just said... look up one post from yours. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

1) you have to kill the 1st and the next 3 messengers the 5th one is more difficult. we cant kill hi by chasing his horse to kill him

after killing the 4 messengers we have to go to the village where the 5th messenger is going by way other then the green way on the map after reaching the village we have to comebackwads on the road from where the 5th messenger is coming and in the way you will find him going towards the village then u can kill him easily .

simply i had tried this way and it works

thanks

and good luck

I only had trouble with getting the horse to go straight and not get stuck. I used the royal pistols with the twin holsters, ran the 1st guy over, hidden bladed the rear of the 3 guy convoy and shot the next 2 then ran down and shot the last guy with quite a distance to spare. I think the trick is to time the horse's sprint so you use it on the straights rather than wasting it round corners.

Yeah don't forget spur horse only really need to press X no need to hold till it shows up again to spur!

and craft Twin-Hostlers for guns a double-barrel and a single so can get 3 shots without having to reload!

need to finish most if not all Homestead Mission and upgrades to make!

this only took me 2 attempts!