XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
Assassin485

Holy crap lol. I completely forgot about that. I just tried and got it easily. Thanks for that.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
RandomRansom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin485 View Post
This is the mission where you have to chase down the Patriots on horses before they get to your village. I take out the first guy attending to his horse. Then, I take out the 3 guys who are riding slow on their horses. After that, I chase after a guy that I can never seem to catch up to or get close enough to shot him with my gun. There is a way to do this, I've just haven't figured that out. I was wondering if anyone has completed this part and how you did it.
Just run over the first guy, he dies if you hit him with your horse. The three guys you come up against... I actually got lucky, shot one with an arrow, shot the next with an arrow and I think I killed the other guy with a gun (lucked out and they didn't shoot me off my horse).

The last guy I didn't have trouble with. I just kept spurring my horse, and I even got close enough and horse to horse assassinated him. Try to cut across paths (when viable) because he'll always follow the road.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Snugglebites View Post
I also had problems with the side mission where you have to chase the bobcat it got to the point where i put down mines in the area where the bobcat first runs, got a damaged pelt but whatever I was sick of chasing the damn thing and never catching it lol
I cheated on that mission. I ran to where I knew he was going to go and shot him as he jumped over the ridge. Just track where he's going to go (go into the cave if necessary). Familiarize yourself with where he's going to go and just run right to the cliff area where he comes out of the cave and jumps across the gulch. If you stand on the other side of the gulch then he'll jump right into you (though I'd recommend shooting him just to be safe). He never gets too far away (the game complains about it once, but if you're close enough it won't matter). He also seems to take his time at one point close to where he is about to jump toward you, but don't be fooled... he's coming.

There's another mission like this where I had to cheat. I knew where a guy was going to run so I headed him off so I could tackle him from above (I'm sure you know which mission I'm talking about if you've gotten there).
RandomRansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Mickymaster

there is also a hunting quest where you have to catch a bobcat that runs off and you basically run left a little at the start and just keep him in range because he circles right around and comes back to that start bit, so i just stood there and got him when he ran into me
Mickymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
RandomRansom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickymaster View Post
there is also a hunting quest where you have to catch a bobcat that runs off and you basically run left a little at the start and just keep him in range because he circles right around and comes back to that start bit, so i just stood there and got him when he ran into me
That's what I just said... look up one post from yours. LOL
RandomRansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
Sanketdessai6

Thumbs up

1) you have to kill the 1st and the next 3 messengers the 5th one is more difficult. we cant kill hi by chasing his horse to kill him
after killing the 4 messengers we have to go to the village where the 5th messenger is going by way other then the green way on the map after reaching the village we have to comebackwads on the road from where the 5th messenger is coming and in the way you will find him going towards the village then u can kill him easily .

simply i had tried this way and it works

thanks

and good luck
Sanketdessai6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Wigglertron

I only had trouble with getting the horse to go straight and not get stuck. I used the royal pistols with the twin holsters, ran the 1st guy over, hidden bladed the rear of the 3 guy convoy and shot the next 2 then ran down and shot the last guy with quite a distance to spare. I think the trick is to time the horse's sprint so you use it on the straights rather than wasting it round corners.
Wigglertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
gtasthehunter

Yeah don't forget spur horse only really need to press X no need to hold till it shows up again to spur!

and craft Twin-Hostlers for guns a double-barrel and a single so can get 3 shots without having to reload!

need to finish most if not all Homestead Mission and upgrades to make!

this only took me 2 attempts!

HyperNepV Drops: http://goo.gl/y8BnJ
The Last of Us YouTube Playlist:http://goo.gl/KXPoL

twitch.tv >http://goo.gl/c6HqWv

GamerCards in Spolier! Only shows on my 1st post!
gtasthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote