Encyclopedia of the Common Man glitch?

effdeegee

What seemed to be the easiest trophy to get, turns out to be giving me the biggest headache.

I only need one more recording for the trophy (Woodworker). On my log menu it says that I've done 2/3 but, underneath that point there is another point saying that the Woodworker entry is completed.

I still try to record him anyway but, it keeps telling me that the entry for this inhabitant is already completed. I've tried to record him for an entire day (literally waiting all night outside of his door until the sun comes up and start recording from the second he opens his door. OMG boring, btw) but, nothing happens.

Has anyone else come across this and if so, have you found a remedy?

EDIT:

Since I found the answer weeks ago and people still seem to be complaining about it (because they don't know how to read further down the posts), I've decided to quote myself so as to help those who only read the first post before adding their problems.

So, as you all know, like so many others, I had the glitch (I guess you could call it two glitches) with my Encyclopedia. I had the "3/3 but no completed point" and the "2/3 but had complete point".

After a gagillion bazillion hours of trial and error, I feel like I've got the answer (if you want the trophy).

1. If it has the completed point, it's completed. Even if it has 2/3, who cares. It's done.

2. If it doesn't have the completed point, that's the one you need to focus on.

That's great, right? Some of you will say "Duh. We knew that." but, wait.

- Well, like myself, I've heard people say that their folks aren't doing anything. Have you checked your stock piles? If they're full, they won't do anything. Sell everything they got and they will get their asses in gear. Lumberers? Sell all the wood. Farmers? Sell all the farm food.

- It may take a while but, film everything the group does for at least a couple of days straight. Most days they only do 3 or 4 of the total 9 or 10 things that they do.

- If it's the Lumberers, don't film the wives. Just the two guys.

- Another thing to do is make really good use of the eagle vision. Targets in blue are invalid and targets in yellow are doing something scannable. Keep an eye on the blue ones, though. They may be about to transition into something scannable and turn yellow. If the next thing they're about to do has already been scanned before, they'll instantly turn back to blue. Look for the activity where they stay yellow more than a second or two.

- If you are using eagle vision, when they go from blue to yellow and right back to blue, it should turn your eagle vision off too. It's a good way to tell if you've already scanned that activity or, the entry for that worker is already completed and in the log.

- One thing to keep in mind is; distance makes a difference. If you stand right next to someone (like, almost touching) and they're yellow, it will stop the eagle vision from turning off and giving you the heads up that the activity has already scanned and/or they're already in the log so, keep a decent distance (like 10-20 feet).

I really hope this helps you. I know just how frustrating it can be.

Edited by effdeegee

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too "completed" the encyclopedia at 2/3. But I kept scanning him and just got the 3/3 for the Woodworker. The trophy, however, has not popped up.

I've been fortunate enough that no trophy has glitched on me in my many years of vidya... except for now it seems.

I'm going to try to go into the manor to check the actual Encyclopedia, since it is not something I've done yet. Hopefully that might trigger it.

EDIT: So apparently the "log" in the manor is just another way to access the animus database.

Anyone know of any other requirement for this trophy? Otherwise I'd say it's glitched.

UPDATE: I got the trophy to pop. The game glitched. What happened with me is when I checked the logbook, all activities (3/3) seemed to be recorded with "[X] entry completed. Log updated in the Manor." Except for the Lumberers strangely. The Lumberers had 3/3 but no indicator for the log update and sure enough when I checked the Encyclopedia there was no entry for Lumberers. What I did was scan the Lumberers despite already having 3/3, it recorded it, gave me a notification that the log was updated and shortly after my trophy popped.

To anyone who's trophy doesn't pop I'd suggest checking your log and making sure it says ALL entries are completed. If an inhabitant has 3/3 but it doesn't say the entry is completed I'd go find that inhabitant and scan them again until it updates. If it updates. Good luck.

Edited by Dear Mr. Ouija

What seemed to be the easiest trophy to get, turns out to be giving me the biggest headache.

I only need one more recording for the trophy (Woodworker). On my log menu it says that I've done 2/3 but, underneath that point there is another point saying that the Woodworker entry is completed.

I still try to record him anyway but, it keeps telling me that the entry for this inhabitant is already completed. I've tried to record him for an entire day (literally waiting all night outside of his door until the sun comes up and start recording from the second he opens his door. OMG boring, btw) but, nothing happens.

Has anyone else come across this and if so, have you found a remedy?

I've been a little concerned as well about this. It says I have it complete but it only shows 2/3 .. I just can't get Norris to do anything..

Upon further review of my situation, it turns out that there are two things wrong with my encyclopedia entries.

1. My LUMBERERS say I've recorded 3/3 activities but, there is NO bullet point stating that they've been added to the log.

2. As stated above, my WOODWORKER has 2/3 activities recorded but, there IS a bullet point stating he's been entered in the log.

WTF UBISOFT?!?

I'm really starting to get upset over this issue because it doesn't make sense.

Damn... it seems like that glitch happen to everyone. Ok so here is my problem, I got 3/3 for every entry with the memo under that tell about the log entry except for the farmers. Those two bastard... Igot the 3/3 for them but not the log memo. Following what Ive read on some forum I continued scaning their activities and now Ive scanned 9 and still no trophy! Here are the activities I scanned for them:

1. Bake bread

2. Feed the chicken

3. Attend the bees

4. Plow the field

5. Tend the field

6. Water the field

7. Cut some wheat

8. Milk the cows

9. Pull some rope at the windmill

Ill continue trying to scan some more stuff they do but Im starting to think they do nothing else. So please, pretty please, if youve notice anything else they do that can be scan let me know so I can finally get this game plat.

Damn... it seems like that glitch happen to everyone. Ok so here is my problem, I got 3/3 for every entry with the memo under that tell about the log entry except for the farmers. Those two bastard... Igot the 3/3 for them but not the log memo. Following what Ive read on some forum I continued scaning their activities and now Ive scanned 9 and still no trophy! Here are the activities I scanned for them:

1. Bake bread

2. Feed the chicken

3. Attend the bees

4. Plow the field

5. Tend the field

6. Water the field

7. Cut some wheat

8. Milk the cows

Ill continue trying to scan some more stuff they do but Im starting to think they do nothing else. So please, pretty please, if youve notice anything else they do that can be scan let me know so I can finally get this game plat.

I have the same problem with farmers and I've scanned those nine activities too. No trophy and no entry in the animus data base neither the log memo.

Most of the time I'm not sure who to analyze, get Invalid Target most of the time. But even with Huntress she wasn't really doing anything, 1st time she just got down the ladder and walking away, it work, next time walking home just walking back to cabin and analyzed, about when she entered the cabin area! Was getting Invalid Target few times before that.

So who is possible to analyze!

Just got Miner added how soon can i add more? where are the Homestead Mission found!

Miner< was in Boston! after a few others!

Next<?NY, Frontier or Homestead? don't want to take to many trips and nothings is there! Or I'll get sidetracked!

Edited by gtasthehunter

Most of the time I'm not sure who to analyze, get Invalid Target most of the time. But even with Huntress she wasn't really doing anything, 1st time she just got down the ladder and walking away, it work, next time walking home just walking back to cabin and analyzed, about when she entered the cabin area! Was getting Invalid Target few times before that.

So who is possible to analyze!

if you hit :l3: for eagle vision, people doing scannable activities will show up as gold, otherwise they'll be blue if they aren't doing anything worthwhile.

however activities already scanned will still show up as gold. so you need to maintain a checklist yourself to remember which activity you've observed so far.

I've since tried many things, for both types of inhabitants.

1. Scan them for the entire day - I've scanned both Lumberers AND their wives, for a complete day (sun up and they first exit their homes until sun down when they go to the Inn for a drink and then go home and shut the door) for each of the four people. I've done the same for the Woodworker.

2. Busy bodies - After several "days" of watching them sit and do FUCKING NOTHING (fish, smoke, lay in the grass, walk in circles, etc), I realized I needed to get them to work. I've tried to have a full stockpile of resources, empty stockpile of resources, craft nothing and craft everything. I've also tried to send all resources on convoys and the opposite. While doing each of the above mentioned things, I again recorded all 5 inhabitants for an entire day each.

Nothing.

I did what was asked of me, perfectly, several days ago and did not recieve what was promised. Now, I don't care. I want my fucking bronze trophy. Not now. RIGHT NOW.

it's those damn lumbers so make sure you triple check them, Good luck

it's not just the lumberers, other artisans are susceptible to glitch too. my game gave me the lumberer entry at 2/3 scans, but doesn't want to give me the farmer entry when they've got 3/3 scans.

I've read quite a lot of forum complaints about this one. people have been able to resolve these issue by keep scanning all the activities for the glitched artisans... have resolved my lumberer issue, now working on farmer one.

Ok. Im now 99% synced and still I aint able to finish the encyclopedia sidequest. I need to scan the farmers activities to unlock the memo that appear when you got 3/3. And yes I got 3/3 for farmers but no memo. Ive scanned 9 activities for them and Ive read on the net that the woman can make butter. As anyone noticed that? If thats true it could be my last chance to scan them for a new activity. If anyone can back this up (with a video? or a link?) it would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Ok. Im now 99% synced and still I aint able to finish the encyclopedia sidequest. I need to scan the farmers activities to unlock the memo that appear when you got 3/3. And yes I got 3/3 for farmers but no memo. Ive scanned 9 activities for them and Ive read on the net that the woman can make butter. As anyone noticed that? If thats true it could be my last chance to scan them for a new activity. If anyone can back this up (with a video? or a link?) it would be really appreciated. Thank you!

I scan now and i have 3/3 but no memo on farmers, mah ...

1. Bake bread

2. Feed the chicken

3. Attend the bees

4. Plow the field

5. Tend the field

6. Water the field

7. Cut some wheat

8. Milk the cows

I'm stuck on 3/3 scans but no farmer entry, I've scanned all 9 activities above multiple times... however I've read that during summer, Prudence can churn butter, and Warren may shovel hay. so that's 2 more to your list. hopefully that will make the entry pop!

it would be nice if someone can confirm those 2 actions in summer. I've been trying to catch them doing that during winter without any luck at all.

Edited by CatNZ

After you finish the game you can get some animus hack that allow you to control both the time of the day and the season. I keep it summer/daytime and still, even after watching and following them for an hour, both farmer dont do anything new. Im starting to believe that the butter making is a myth. I still need a confirmation on it.

After you finish the game you can get some animus hack that allow you to control both the time of the day and the season. I keep it summer/daytime and still, even after watching and following them for an hour, both farmer dont do anything new. Im starting to believe that the butter making is a myth. I still need a confirmation on it.

is it true that seasonal & day/night hacks won't block out trophies? I heard that but still kind of wary about it.

and here's a couple places where they mentioned Prudence churning butter:

Encyclopedia of the Common Man? - Page 2 - Xbox360Achievements.org

Assassin's Creed III Trophy Guide - PS3 Trophies Forum

just search the page for "butter" :p

Yeah! I already saw those 2 links about Prudence supposedly making butter but I didnt saw it at all in my game after waiting and waiting at the farm following her around. Thats why it would be nice if someone could actually post a video of the activities that count for the farmers or just the butter making one. By the way are those activities just random or some appear at different time of the day? The rain dont seem to stop them working. Ive seen Prudence watering the field even when its raining! Oh and on another note, is a new patch coming soon?

I've got the same issue with the lumberers and I see everyone saying make sure to check the logbook or encyclopedia at the manor. I know I have a logbook in my select screen but is there an actual book at the manor to check? I've looked for one because I've tried scanning them doing several activities with no luck. So if there is an actual book to check that I am somehow overlooking please tell me where it is.

I've got the same issue with the lumberers and I see everyone saying make sure to check the logbook or encyclopedia at the manor. I know I have a logbook in my select screen but is there an actual book at the manor to check? I've looked for one because I've tried scanning them doing several activities with no luck. So if there is an actual book to check that I am somehow overlooking please tell me where it is.

It's basically the same as in select. But it's upstairs, behind the stairs. Ona table by a bookshelf.

I'm stuck on 3/3 scans but no farmer entry, I've scanned all 9 activities above multiple times... however I've read that during summer, Prudence can churn butter, and Warren may shovel hay. so that's 2 more to your list. hopefully that will make the entry pop!

it would be nice if someone can confirm those 2 actions in summer. I've been trying to catch them doing that during winter without any luck at all.

I've seen Warren working with the hay, beyond the field at the left of the cows, and I scanned him: 3/3 again and no trophy...again. But I've never seen Prudence making butter.