Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #101
luxxx

Send a message via AIM to luxxx

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Does anyone know what causes the Farmers glitch?
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #102
mccormick1989

I was stuck on the lumberjacks, but after 3 hours i just scanned the big woman making butter and it popped.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #103
DEGETE

Well. At last I got the trophy and so the platinum.

I began a new game in a new slot and did all the principal missions, homestead missions and interactive conversations at the homestead until sequence 11 (The last mission for Lyle, the doctor, is only unlock after 'The battle of Chesapeake' which is the first mission of sequence 11).

It wasn't too bad ignoring optional objectives and skipping most of the videos. It was pretty fast. The worst parts are the three Desmond missions because you can't skip the videos.

So, I did a backup and began to scan. I started, OF COURSE, with the damn farmers and oh, awesome: Warren feeding chickens (1/2) and inmediately after Prudence cutting wheat.................3/3.......entry completed. WTF!!!! It's just incredible.

I did Myriam, Big Dave, the innkeepers, Lyle and Ellen without incidents. Lance glitched but in the good way too: 2/3 in the log but entry completed.

The lumberers: 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 and NO ENTRY. Arghhhh!!! Ok, wait, no panic. Don't reload yet. Let's go to visit Lazy Norris. I had to go ten times until complete him, always fishing and smoking when he was 2/3. The third activity I've never seen it before. I scanned him looking for gold in the river. 3/3 and entry completed.

I returned to the lumberers a few times and found Catherine walking to the house, eagle vision showed her yellow. I suppose she was going to make butter but I don't know because I didn't wait, I scanned her inmediately and 3/3 again but this time entry complete and trophies popped. OMG.

This is the end of my story. Apologies for the large text and my english. And good luck to everybody with this boring and annoying glitch.

Good riddance, 'Assassin's Glitch III'.

Last edited by DEGETE; 11-10-2012 at 09:56 AM.
DEGETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #104
CaptainCutscene

Some great tips and advice here

My issue isn't to do with getting perfectionist, it is simply getting The Encyclopedia of the Common Man trophy to pop.

Currently I have every single person at 3/3 and Encyclopedia Entry Complete. Except for Lance the Woodworker who has his entry completed even though he only has 2/3.

The trophy hasn't popped, is there any way to force it to? Am I missing an obvious workaround?
CaptainCutscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #105
jjhender

Send a message via Skype™ to jjhender

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCutscene View Post
Some great tips and advice here

My issue isn't to do with getting perfectionist, it is simply getting The Encyclopedia of the Common Man trophy to pop.

Currently I have every single person at 3/3 and Encyclopedia Entry Complete. Except for Lance the Woodworker who has his entry completed even though he only has 2/3.

The trophy hasn't popped, is there any way to force it to? Am I missing an obvious workaround?
I had exactly this problem, and for some reason the trophy popped after scanning the two lumberers sawing a log near their homes. Even though lumberers said 3/3 and I had the entry those messages popped up again and I got the trophy.

I don't know if this helped or not, but for some reason I scanned the woodworker outside his home while he was being checked by the doctor and the doctor 3/3 message popped up again too.

I saw the doctor thing in winter and the lumberers in summer fwiw. Just run back and forth between the blacksmith and the bridge by the lumber mill. It's just far enough apart that the stuff people are doing resets.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #106
Zanish09

This did NOT glitch for me. Here's what I did:

DAY1
1) 3/3 Hunter (back-to-back)
2) At least 2/3 on everything else (besides miner/tailor). If you're fast/lucky you can even 3/3 them all of them (besides miner/tailor).
DAY2
3) 3/3 minor/tailor.

1) I got 3/3 hunter to start with, because initially I really didn't know what I was doing.
2) After I got the hang of it, I went in the middle of the map near the bridge/river because there's a lot of activity there. I did NOT stay with 1 person because I read somewhere that people need to be scanned so others can move on with their daily duties. So I kept running around toggling Eagle Vision and scanning the hell out of everyone, even though I might have scanned them before. I got a lot of them (if not all) to 2/3 and 3/3 that way, and 3/3 the following day if I had missed any. Towards the end I ran out of time because it started to get dark and they go to sleep and what not.
3) I started with Norris (minor) and got 2 activities right off the bat. Went to tailor and got that to 2/3 also back-to-back. Norris wouldn't do a third activity, so I went and scanned the hunter (because I read somewhere that their actions are related. Use fast travel because that's on the opposite side of the map, and using Fast Travel saves game-day-time spent traveling on foot). Ran back to Norris and got his 3rd activity after he took a shit. Then went to tailor to 3/3 and done.

If someone keeps repeating the same action, just move on to another one. I think the day starts with the farmers. You can just chill at the farm till they pop out of their houses. You can get 2/3 farmers as soon as they're on the farm, then run like crazy scanning people. Their day needs to progress to get them to 3/3. Stick with the ones you're missing.

This map helped me: http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/w...cyclopedia.jpg

NO=Miner
CA/OL=Innkeeper
EI=Tailor
DA=Blacksmith
LA=Woodworker
LY=Doctor
Go/Te=Lumberers
Wa/Pr=Farmer
MY=Huntress

tl;dr This did the trick for me without glitching.

Last edited by Zanish09; 11-10-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Added Map/legend
Zanish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #107
James_Kirk

Hello,

I have a big problem, I'm missing one activity to the doctor, the problem is that I can not find anywhere in the area.
Where can I find it? because it is not in his house ...
FYI, I finished the story mode 100% and missions areas.

Thank you for your help
James_Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #108
RiverHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Kirk View Post
Hello,

I have a big problem, I'm missing one activity to the doctor, the problem is that I can not find anywhere in the area.
Where can I find it? because it is not in his house ...
FYI, I finished the story mode 100% and missions areas.

Thank you for your help
He plays Bowls with the lumberjacks. That is scannable for the doctor. That gave me 3/3.

RiverHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #109
Barrndawg

Seriously fuck this trophy! I've been scanning the stupid Farmers for 2 days now and still nothing. An I'm sure as hell not playing from the beginning of this crap game just to get the trophy!

Barrndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #110
ihail1717

I had 3/3 for everyone, but it did not say "lumberer entry completed. log updated in the manor" like it did with everyone else. I had 3/3 for lumberer, but no entry completed, thus no trophy. I observed the lumberers playing bowls and the entry scanned, 3/3 popped up again, then it said, "lumberer entry completed" then the trophy popped. Seems like everyone is giving the same advice and it worked with me... if it says 3/3 but not entry completed, scan them again and hope for the best.
ihail1717 is offline   Reply With Quote