The Giant and the Storm 100% Sync

ZionAxis

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you doing full sail or half sail?

HAHAHA, I made a profile just because I've been monitoring this post...I feel you, man...I've been stuck on this one for two days now and it's truly becoming ridiculous in all the things I've tried (scrape-shot from the back, while being in the low part of the wave ramming the bow head first in the wind).

Nothing seems to work...the only time it works is with the man-o-war, but the smaller ships always end up destroyed.

Someone please give some info on how this works!

it seems as though there is a point on the boat. near the front and back. that if you hit it enough will break away revealing hte weak spots. They always show up there and i just hit the front of the biggest boat once with fire shot and the weak spot showed up. time to see if i can get these lil fuckers down now.

of course i ram one of them and they blow up. guh

Edited by BreadSkin

the problem is that the small boats have their entire side exposed, but no weak spot...the big one/man-o-war is possible, I've gotten the weak spot multiple times, but it's those damn small boats that seem unaffected.

after destroying one with nothing but grape seed shots, my newest experiment is to shoot them with only the swivel canon and hope that works somehow.

Alright I just got it. I disabled the masts for easier target acquisition to start. Then I rammed the big boy twice to get the weak spot. The key was only hitting the front of the boat. Then i did the same thing but at a very slow speed to the fronts of the two smaller boats and success.

I have the solution, I thought you were talking about a main mission where the same optional objective is, but I too upgraded to the naval ram and was having a hard time completing this privateer mission with it.

Anyway, I tired just ramming but kept destroying the ships, so I decided to line up a head on collision and order a full stop a few seconds before impact....worked 3/3 times...hope this helps because it worked perfect for me

I have the solution, I thought you were talking about a main mission where the same optional objective is, but I too upgraded to the naval ram and was having a hard time completing this privateer mission with it.

Anyway, I tired just ramming but kept destroying the ships, so I decided to line up a head on collision and order a full stop a few seconds before impact....worked 3/3 times...hope this helps because it worked perfect for me

It worked! Thank you Codex :applause:

This is by far the toughest naval mission to 100% .. Kicking my arse . Rogue waves , 20 foot seas ..

Yeah this was definitely the most difficult. Codex's strategy did work out for me after a few tries, you just have to get lucky and hope you don't do too much damage while watching out for the Man-of-War. Even if you take out it's sails it can pretty much hit you anywhere.

:applause:Ultimate props codex:applause:, after nearly 3hours of restart checkpoint cuz they die:mad: i came here to read sum tips to help me and urs combined with chainshot worked on the very 1st try:dance:. thank u very much for that mate:applause:

Not the same mission but related. how do you manage to kill the entire fleet for one of the other mission in under 90 seconds??? i think its like the 5th one

Grapeshot will take out the majority of the fleet, as it's a bunch of gunboats and a frigate. Grapeshot will kill any gunboat it hits in one shot, so make sure to get it. Also make use of the swivel guns a lot, as they kill gunboats quickly when they're upgraded. As for the frigate, just bombard it as much as you can. Fire shot will help a lot for that, too.

Yeah, this is the best method. I've used it, and it works wonders. I've also had multiple sources tell me about this method too.

A suggestion, though. Get the large man of war first with chain shot (disabling it). Then lure the other two away so the first one can't shoot you or the other ships. Chain shot another one. Lure the third ship away to make a triangle (or just so none of them can shoot each other). Now use the full sail until a few moments before impact then cut to NO sail. Aim for the front of the ship.

The large Man of war may take a few hits (or one half sail or full sail hit). Just be cautious and this should be a breeze using this strategy.

Tried many variations with little success...

Most were too dependant on luck...

Ended up using chain shot to cripple them, then slowly approach them from the front toggeling between half-sail and full stop. When I made contact an inch to the side of the front, I toggled half-speed on and off quickly, just nudging the front until the weak point was revealed. A stupid and totally unrealistic way to do it, but it was reliable and worked.

Edited by Cryothan