Assassin's Creed III General Complaints Thread (Post ALL Non-Spoiler Complaints Here)

oversoul53

ok, the ACIII forum is starting to get cluttered with all of the complaints about combat and running controls and multiplayer and the first three sequences and yada yada so I figured instead of cluttering the forum, lets do like we have in other ones, make a thread like this.

In this thread you are free to vent, rant and rage about the game all you please. You're amongst people here who can relate, and while I have no issues with the game myself thus far, I can see why some of you may.

NOTE: DO NOT POST SPOILERS HERE. That is what this thread is for:

Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers* - PlaystationTrophies.org

alrighty folks, have fun! ;)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here we go...

Single Player thus far:

The audio is sometimes off (no spoiler here). Rebecca sounds like she's talking to you over the headset/radio when she's standing right next to you.

The dialogue animation is sometimes atrocious. A certain captain has to be the best ventriloquist I've ever seen... then the non cut scene animation for lips is all kinds of Muppet.

I miss the high profile button making you jog. It's walk, walk fast, or sprint... no in between. This has caused more than a few issues for me while navigating.

Freerunning is improved to a degree, but sometimes I just want to jump farther than the character does... like say for instance... while I'm trying to escape and he only hops to the edge of the next building instead of jumping as far as possible.

I've always hated the Eagle Vision/Sense being on the analogue stick button, especially since you can't activate it while moving forward. You have to stop moving to turn it on.

The firing system for pistols is a bit slow (or at least thus far). There's one mission that is just a bit too hard to complete (at 100%) because it's hard to tell when the character is actually aiming and ready to fire (while on horseback). Hope that was vague enough... I did eventually get 100% synch, but it took a few restart from checkpoint (and some crazy good timing on my part).

Hiding spots are much too sparse and hard to find (don't show up on radar while being chased). I sat on a roof and milked enemies for cash because I got sick of running to find nothing to hide in. Made at least 1000 and didn't die.

On that note, enemies don't lose track of you very easily. I can sit on a roof for 3 minutes and have no one seeing me (no red markers and only yellow on mini-map), and I still don't break the chase.

There aren't enough hay stacks to easily get down from rooftops (in my opinion). It seemed like the other games had one off of every roof, almost. Maybe I just got spoiled with the earlier games... or maybe I can just jump off of them and not get hurt (and I haven't been brave enough to try).

Multiplayer thus far:

The re-imagined Mute ability is not worth anything. Sure you can throw it to stop whispers, heartbeats, and abilities, but that doesn't really count for much. I mean, if they see a Mute animation go off... then they know you're coming and whispers/heartbeats aren't necessary. Turning off abilities and not the ability to kill doesn't do much either (it's been my experience that Wipe or Mute or whatever it is doesn't stop people from killing you... or it takes 2-3 seconds to kick in or something).

Stun distance is still way too far. If an attacker is walking and the pursued is running, then the attacker should get the kill. I've been stunned while jamming square as my locked-on target runs toward me.

The spawn distance needs to be fixed again. I had one Manhunt session where I must have killed 5 people in a 1 minute span because they kept spawning in really close to where I was.

I don't think they're giving out enough Abstergo credits (regardless of whether I spend money to get Erudito points or not). Maybe that's because I'm only level 24, but I still have a ton of stuff that I can't buy (and I haven't bought much). Tons of abilities, perks, loss and kill streaks, and other stuff is available, but I don't have the credits to buy them. If I reach level 50 and still don't have all the abilities, perks, streaks, and ability sets, then I'm going to be upset (especially since I want to be able to craft some abilities before then...).

I'd love to be able to have the crafting ability let you craft all possible versions of the ability and keep all of those versions available. Sometimes I want a rapid reload gun... sometimes I want one that's accurate and quick to fire. Sometimes I want rapid reload poison... sometimes I want slow acting poison for more points... and I don't want to have to craft it each time I need to change my profile set. It depends on the game mode... I want more options not less options (calling back to the freerunning no jogging only sprinting which is also taking options away from the player).

Though, I will say they did do a bunch of good stuff too. They just Ubisofted it (improved some things and screwed up a bunch of others).

I don't think they're giving out enough Abstergo credits (regardless of whether I spend money to get Erudito points or not). Maybe that's because I'm only level 24, but I still have a ton of stuff that I can't buy (and I haven't bought much). Tons of abilities, perks, loss and kill streaks, and other stuff is available, but I don't have the credits to buy them. If I reach level 50 and still don't have all the abilities, perks, streaks, and ability sets, then I'm going to be upset (especially since I want to be able to craft some abilities before then...).

If it's anything like Revelations, it will take a lot of Prestiges to even get close to having enough credits to buy everything. I got up to Prestige 9 for AC Revelations and it was only then that I finally had bought every little thing I could buy (so that's everything except titles, icons and patron pictures that would unlock only at higher levels of Prestige).

I understand the developers want to give you an incentive to keep playing, but I agree it can be a bit frustrating to always be in need of more credits. I've decided, just like with Revelations, that I'm going to focus on getting all the abilities first before I even bother with customization of the personas.

There's way too many people complaining about the first few hours of the game, I REALLY enjoyed them, Haythem was a pretty interesting character to play as! I think the pacing has been great so far.

I do have some complaints, nothing major though...

Not being able to jog, or tackle enemies, this has annoyed me a few times, since I preferred tackling enemies and hitting them while they were down, it didn't cause as much attention than a full blown assassination that involves jumping onto them and stabbing them... oh well.

Not being able to throw big weapons like you could on Brotherhood and Revelations, I LOVED doing that with a huge axe/sword... but unless I need to go further into the game for it, (Chapter 5 at the moment), it's just not there...again though, oh well.

The guns do take a little too long to reload, but to be quite honest I very rarely use them.

The big soldiers, those that are like 7-8 foot and look like tanks, they're WAY too hard to kill, and take more than a shot with a musket to kill too, I raided a fort, killed EVERYONE there without taking a single hit or shot (I do love the human shield!) except for one big soldier, I couldn't break his guard, couldn't reload fast enough to shoot him, couldn't counter any of his attacks, he just kept hitting me a few times, I did manage to block them, but then he'd punch me in the face to stagger me, and then give me a few slashes, and he killed me like that.. they're almost impossible to kill!

I think that just about sums it up for me in terms of complaints with the game, everything else is great so far, I'm REALLY enjoying it, the combat is incredibly brutal and very enjoyable, although I must say Connor isn't the most interesting person, my favourite Assassin is definitely Ezio, no doubt about it.

The only issue I've noticed so far is during cutscenes, the character model moves, but ocassionally there's a frozen model that sits/stands in exactly the same position that that particular character was in at the start of the cutscene. So there's two of them there glitching into each other and it looks stupid.

The only issue I've noticed so far is during cutscenes, the character model moves, but ocassionally there's a frozen model that sits/stands in exactly the same position that that particular character was in at the start of the cutscene. So there's two of them there glitching into each other and it looks stupid.

I've never had that and I'm into Chapter 5... sounds pretty freaky though, lol.

What are the mini-games? Only one I have played or found was the one on the ship that was like a checkers style of game and I got my ass handed to me in like 10 seconds. Thank god that isn't a trophy :eek:

Actually it is. All three mini-games are on the homestead and for a trophy you need to win all three at least once.

I've had numerous instances of characters faces not animating during cutscenes. The voices are fine and the characters move but their faces stay completely still. Happened three times so far.

Seeing some lazy clipping on the main characters too. Haytham's coat clips through the horse as he rides. Desmond's white hoodie pokes through his backpack as you climb certain objects.

If it's anything like Revelations, it will take a lot of Prestiges to even get close to having enough credits to buy everything. I got up to Prestige 9 for AC Revelations and it was only then that I finally had bought every little thing I could buy (so that's everything except titles, icons and patron pictures that would unlock only at higher levels of Prestige).

I understand the developers want to give you an incentive to keep playing, but I agree it can be a bit frustrating to always be in need of more credits. I've decided, just like with Revelations, that I'm going to focus on getting all the abilities first before I even bother with customization of the personas.

No it's worse than Revelations was. I was only Prestige level 7 and I had all the abilities (even crafted most of them), perks, and streaks. I don't care about the other stuff that much. I just want more than 4 abilities, 3 perks, and 2 streaks to choose from (with none of them crafted and only 2 ability sets)... and I'm level 24... I think I might have enough saved to get poison now, but that leaves out smoke bombs and other abilities that I like using. I mean, I'm basically half way to 50. I think I should have more than what I've got. Looks like I'll be buying some Erudito points (or however his name is spelled) with real money, actually NOT because that's probably why they are so stingy on the Abstergo Credits... they want you to spend more money.

Well screw you Ubisoft!

This game doesn't deserve a thread like this. There, that's my complaint. I've found nothing egregiously wrong with it so far.

I gotta quote you on this. Very well put. I can't believe people have so many complaints about this game, some are understandable ( musket reload speed is slow) but makes you wander what's wrong with people. It's like they spend more time complaining than learning the game. That's my complaint, stop complaining.

they went WAYYY Overboard with trying to be "realistic" in this, its a game, not a movie.

anyways, to quote AVGN "THE CONTROLS ARE AWFUL!" (Cinemassacre Productions - Movie Reviews, Horror Movies, Retro Gaming, Monster Madness, Angry Video Game Nerd)

Why for the love of GOD would you change the combat controls after the same thing-ish For the last 4 games???? i go in expecting to hit R1 and hit Circle to chain or square whatever i already forget because of this one, and it does nothing now i got my ass handed to me several times because i cant get used to the new Stupid scheme, WHY GOD WHY would they change that !

alright sorry i had to get that out because i came home after work today and didnt even want to play, what does that say?