XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #41
WINAS3

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Generalize much?..
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #42
Snuttanuttan

Game developers borrow ideas from one another, and maybe Ubisoft did like this from RDR and put it in AC3...

It gives you something to do on the side of missions, extras you can call it.

Snuttanuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #43
Satnamji

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

While I totally see how appropriate and realistic hunting in ACIII would be given the time period and location, I must say I'm not terribly keen on it either. I just hope it's not a big part of the game--required for upgrades, earning money, etc.

Although, I do have to laugh at myself when I think of how many humans I kill without a second thought in the various games I play...sometimes even innocents as collateral damage (especially now with Ezio's bombs in AC:R!).

Blank friend requests will be deleted.
Satnamji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #44
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

The bits and pieces about hunting in Assassin's Creed III do strongly remind me of the hunting in Red Dead Redemption, I'll have to admit. It's not a bad thing, since that aspect of RDR was something I enjoyed very much, as it made the world come alive around you. We'll have to wait and see exactly how it's implemented in the new AC game.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #45
Pabs_85

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   Bronze Submission   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Looks like the same AC3 'Fans' hating people who think different................

"Let my earth shattering super ninjutsu burn into your retinas!!" - Naruto Shippuden
Pabs_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #46
Veritas7Ax

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Ubisoft have already commented that it will not be like RDR in a lot of ways:

Quote:
Animals are a big part of AC III, though they won't appear as easily as they did in Red Dead Redemption, the Rockstar Games open-world frontier epic that the AC III team deeply admires. "We want to make it more of a time investment and strategic investment to find animals," Hutchinson said, distinguishing the two games' approach to wildlife. "We also don't just want people shooting them. .. If you go out and shoot a bear with buckshot, it's not a good rug. .. You should be assassinating animals. You should be hunting them, trapping them or killing them carefully. And then you get different results, which leads to different systems. We didn't want a character who laid waste to animals 'I laid waste to 180 bears,100 deer,' and all that sort of stuff."
In fact, it already sounds better than RDR.

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #47
KuroBlade

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

RDR AND AC? you know the hunting aspect of AC is brand new and its not part of the main gameplay, well it is but majority of us AC players will stick to assassinating and running around of rooftops and trees and skin a few animals here and there, whereas RDR was ride a horse everywhere and skin pretty much every animal you see. Plus you had rifles to kill them. I look forward to taking down a bear with just my blades
KuroBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #48
amesbhe

I seriously though this thread was dead. But I'm extremely bored waiting for 1:30 to roll around and decided to read it anyway.

Though I hate these types of threads....This game is like this game, or this game copies this game. Quit comparing shit and enjoy the dam game. If you don't want to play it then don't. There's too much complaining about one or the other game and not enough judging games on themselves. Play it or don't. Just stf about it PLEASE.

I love the AC series, including Rev. even though it wasn't as good as the others. I've never played RDR though so I can't give an intelligent comparison. I've lost count of the times I've been browsing Gamestop and almost picked it up. I just never had.

This statement here though just made my IQ drop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrican View Post
Lol nice to see hate to a girl opinion on a subject.

I mean seriously....just wow. Using that statement to make people sound sexist doesn't make you right...it makes you just sound like an idiot. Go back 10 or 15 years and yeah...maybe. Things have changed since then...big time. My only opinionated problems are close minded older people I deal with on a daily basis.

If I made any spelling mistakes I'm apologizing ahead of time. The keyboard I'm on is in a horrible setup. And for some reason I just lost my cursor so I'm done rambling and ranting...

amesbhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #49
Andrew14GR

It doesnt mean that since Red dead redemption had animals Assassins Creed 3 must not have

Ofcorse It will be different and even more awesome
as we see what rockstar said about wildlife in AC3 i'm really getting excited for this game

If you want to add me feel free to add me
I'm a fan of Killzone GrandTheftAuto Uncharted Assassin's Creed and Battlefield
Top 5
1.Killzone 2
2.GTA IV
3.Call Of Duty:World At War
4.Battlefield 3
5.Call Of Duty:Classic
Andrew14GR is offline   Reply With Quote