Human Shield trophy help!

cpt

Ok so when i see the firing squad it iturns yellow i keep pressing X but they shoot me instead even tho i am close to enemis ..Am i suppose to be behind them or in front of the enemy ..theres no prompt button ...i keep hammering x button but she just kicks them so i wait till they turn yellow again so i can get enemy close enough...is there a trick to this or am I doing something wrong ...do i have to wait for the prompt button or do i just keep pressing x in the hope that it will work ...very fustrating .,i seen some videos on youtube but doesn t really show you what buttons to excute ..any help would be appreciated ..cheers

• 2 weeks later...
But you have to do this (all 10 kills) in one streak. Because when you die, your stats will reset to 0.

Does this happen to others too??

Lol no, not in one streak. You can kill one or two and come back later for the other kills. Just don't forget to save each time you succeeded and that's it.

But you have to do this (all 10 kills) in one streak. Because when you die, your stats will reset to 0.

Does this happen to others too??

Same thing happened to me. I killed 8 and then died, checked my stats and I had 0 kills by human shield. Incredibly frustrating, Shield kills are a pain in the arse to get. I checked the stats after each one after that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't even seen a single firing line in this game. I only played about 2 and half hours, just enough to complete the story, and I've been in numerous battles, but not once has there been a firing line. I've seen it in the PS3 game so I know what to look for, but it just never shows up.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

ARRGH!!!!! This %&=%ing trophy is gonna make me tear my hair out!!!! I've watched several videos and been trying for hours to get my 10 shields so I can get my plat but I can hardly ever get the human shield to work! Such a Ubi fail this is total BULLSHIT. She will not grab people! 95% of the time she kicks them instead of grabbing. And I finally get one to clearly work and my stats don't show me getting credit for it. It's taking an average of an hour to get one shield to work. Does anyone know how to reliably make this work? This just seems like such a horribly broken game mechanic and the most infuriating trophy ever. F#%& you Ubisoft and your piss poor SHIT programming. F#%&!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by DandyMan123

ARRGH!!!!! This %&=%ing trophy is gonna make me tear my hair out!!!! I've watched several videos and been trying for hours to get my 10 shields so I can get my plat but I can hardly ever get the human shield to work! Such a Ubi fail this is total BULLSHIT. She will not grab people! 95% of the time she kicks them instead of grabbing. And I finally get one to clearly work and my stats don't show me getting credit for it. It's taking an average of an hour to get one shield to work. Does anyone know how to reliably make this work? This just seems like such a horribly broken game mechanic and the most infuriating trophy ever. F#%& you Ubisoft and your piss poor SHIT programming. F#%&!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only press :cross: when it pops up above an enemy's head. You can only do it when there is a line of enemy's shooting, not just a single guy.

When the QTE-esque :cross: pops up above an enemy's head, don't press any directional button as this will make her kick or try to break their guard. Press only the :cross: button.

Good Luck, I know this trophy is a pain until you get it worked out.

Edited by Metdevil

Wow. Just after I posted this I realized what the problem was, and reeled off 5 in one quick fight. I was using a sword as my weapon. I switched to an axe and then she grabbed properly instead of kicking. Hopefully my ordeal will help someone else but I still want to kick UBI in the ass for this aggravation. It works only with certain weapons? Really now.. :think::rolleyes: Finally got my plat.

Edited by DandyMan123

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I equipped my hidden blade and alternated between the northwest fort and the Place d'Armes (where you can get 10-12 guards alerted and it's critical to include the four standing in the doorway in the gate on the east side and have them chase you to the middle). Then HOLD O to counter everything so you don't take damage. As a firing line raises their guns just BEFORE the yellow triangles pop up, that's when you want to trigger the grab by pushing the left stick to highlight a nearby guard then press X. The animation has a delay, so if you wait for the yellow triangles to appear before initiating the process, it will probably be too late. I would get 2-3 human shields at a time, then run to a dressing room or the Assassin's HQ to trigger the save. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Terragreen