My Tree Ninja strategy when multiple 3-3 runthroughs won't work.

I also put this on GameFaqs, but I know people here had troubles as well.

Basically, I tried 3-3 about 15 times killing them from only tree branches and several times from other tree positions, and never got the trophy.

My solution that just worked for me was immediately after doing a run through on 3-3 and killing single enemies from only tree branches, I ran all the way to the south exit to New Orleans (as soon as free roam loaded up again). Stay in the Bayou, don't travel or bring up the menu. Doing 3-3 may or may not be necessary, but I say do it jusr ro be completely safe.

I went north to the fort, and on the way killed all 3 guards from trees. Once there, lure the guards out front of the fort to a tree branch right up a hill immediately south of the smuggler. Kill them from that branch. Go into the fort and get as many of the guards in there as you can to chase you. I was able to lure 3 more, 1 from the center, and 2 from the back wall that jumped down. Then go out the side door and lure those 3 as well. Go to the same tree branch. After killing about 3 of the guards from this group, I got the trophy.

Keep in mind to kill every single guard separately and from a tree. Double kills not only don't seem to count, but they also get rid of 2 potential guards. If any guards cluster up and won't move, go down and just run into them to push them around and go back up. I also did all 15 kills directly in a row this way, so any other form of kills may reset the number.

Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee since nearly nothing in this game seems consistent, but maybe this will help some of you out there. Sorry for the rather lengthy description, but I wanted to give every detail just in case it was all necessary.

I also put this on GameFaqs, but I know people here had troubles as well.

Basically, I tried 3-3 about 15 times killing them from only tree branches and several times from other tree positions, and never got the trophy.

My solution that just worked for me was immediately after doing a run through on 3-3 and killing single enemies from only tree branches, I ran all the way to the south exit to New Orleans (as soon as free roam loaded up again). Stay in the Bayou, don't travel or bring up the menu. Doing 3-3 may or may not be necessary, but I say do it jusr ro be completely safe.

I went north to the fort, and on the way killed all 3 guards from trees. Once there, lure the guards out front of the fort to a tree branch right up a hill immediately south of the smuggler. Kill them from that branch. Go into the fort and get as many of the guards in there as you can to chase you. I was able to lure 3 more, 1 from the center, and 2 from the back wall that jumped down. Then go out the side door and lure those 3 as well. Go to the same tree branch. After killing about 3 of the guards from this group, I got the trophy.

Keep in mind to kill every single guard separately and from a tree. Double kills not only don't seem to count, but they also get rid of 2 potential guards. If any guards cluster up and won't move, go down and just run into them to push them around and go back up. I also did all 15 kills directly in a row this way, so any other form of kills may reset the number.

Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee since nearly nothing in this game seems consistent, but maybe this will help some of you out there. Sorry for the rather lengthy description, but I wanted to give every detail just in case it was all necessary.

The strategy you posted worked for me. Tree Ninja trophy popped after my 8th kill from the tree branch while using your method.

I didn't have to replay Sequence 3, mission 3 before implementing your method. All I did was went straight to that fort during free roam and begin dragging enemies out towards the tree branch.

Thank you for this alternate method because I couldn't get this trophy to pop after multiple playthroughs of Sequence 3, mission 3 as well.

I'm glad to know my methods working for some people. This trophy was ridiculously hard to get for how simple it's supposed to be.

If anyone needs any help with the other trophies, feel free to ask. Only one I need is Completionist, so I'll offer help for any others that anyone would like.

• 1 month later...
The strategy you posted worked for me. Tree Ninja trophy popped after my 8th kill from the tree branch while using your method.

I didn't have to replay Sequence 3, mission 3 before implementing your method. All I did was went straight to that fort during free roam and begin dragging enemies out towards the tree branch.

Thank you for this alternate method because I couldn't get this trophy to pop after multiple playthroughs of Sequence 3, mission 3 as well.

Thank you!!!!!! I had 80 Air Assassination Kills and the trophy wouldn't pop for me. I go to the fort in the Bayou and pull 6 guards to the tree you stated above and killed them 1 at a time and the trophy popped after the 6th kill!!! Whew, was thinking this was going to be the death knell for my Platinum.

I just got this trophy, but honestly I have no idea how. I started off replaying 3-3 and that got me nowhere. Then I read this, and I must have killed at least 50 by the fort, and I still didn't get anywhere. Finally, I was just replaying 3-3 again. Instead of talking with Elise and going to the last part of the sequence, I went the the fort and killed another six. Then on the seventh one, as soon as I jumped off the tree, the trophy popped up before I even hit the enemy. Really, really strange trophy. All I can say is, just keep trying. I easily killed over 100 enemies between all my 3-3 runs and fort runs.

• 1 month later...
The easiest way to get this trophy is by assassinating the guards for the Witnesses of the Lady Persona. Just find one of them by a tree in New Orleans and assassinate their guard over and over as they respawn incredibly quickly.

Great tip, this works really well.

This game is the biggest piece of shit glitch fest ever. As with most people level 3-3 did not work. So I did the fort tree as suggested. However, the trophy popped when I was sitting the tree and shot one guy so I wouldnt get a double assassination. So it seems shooting from the tree works as well. Can't wait to finish this game. It really brings the good name of assassins creed down.

• 3 months later...

Thank God I found this thread. Pretty much followed the instructions and got the trophy after about 8 attempts. I kept pulling the same enemy from the tent area.

I think the parameters for the trophy require no detection by the enemy (including no upside triangle before strike) and no alert to other enemies around.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd add my two cents on how I finally got this trophy. I tried the 3-3 but nothing, tried the fort...nothing, finally tried the eyewitness solution by the NW fort in New Orleans to no avail. I was seriously going to pull my hair out. But, I had figured out somethings from this and I thought I'd share what I did:

1. Go to New Orleans and change into the Lady persona. Kill guards, steal, or whatever it is you want to do to be a public nuisance so the eyewitnesses will start showing up.

2. Change into your Assassin Persona.

3. Head to the northeast part of city. There is an eyewitness that stands right below a tree branch. Below is a shot of the exact location on the map (Avaline, not the cursor)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/DuncanR2N/2013-07-05-181003_zps73237e3f.jpg

4. Hop up on the branch. Do not kill the eyewitness! If you do the guards won't respawn.

5. Target the guard a little bit farther away from you. I pulled the left trigger to target, not sure if this is necessary but that's what I did. Also, only used the hidden blade.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/DuncanR2N/2013-07-05-181118_zps332287eb.jpg

6. Press the Square button, then immediately run to the west, climb up the building, and hop across to the next building. By that time the alert should go away, and the guards will reset. Jump back to the building, onto the lamppost and onto the branch. Target the same guy and do it all over again.

This was the only thing that worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I completed 3 - 3 about five times and spent around three hours luring guards out of the fort in the Bayou. I've also spent a lot of time trying to find a solution, and only finding the first two methods repeatedly. However, thanks to DuncanR2N's very helpful (and seemingly little known method), it only took me 9 more kills, despite having over 100 on my stats.

I used the exact spot DuncanR2N pointed out, I killed the farthest guard every time and I didn't use L to target him (just directed the camera angle to highlight him). There is also a haystack extremely closeby to the north, and another one behind a building to the southeast. It also seems that as soon as you escape them, they instantly respawn back in their original positions. The witness does as well, and he normally runs in fear for no apparent reason, except possibly the stack of corpses, but the guards will only move to chase you.

It took me a matter of minutes with Duncan's gem of a find, and I just wanted to thank him personally and confirm that, for me at least, it worked like a charm. I suggest trying it this way first, since it would probably be considerably faster than having to watch the cutscenes in 3 - 3 or lure the guards in the Bayou fort. I don't understand why the first two methods don't seem to work for most people, since a lot of people have had success getting their final kill in many ways, but the only way I hadn't tried was being completely incognito (clear radar, not red or yellow).

Thanks again, Duncan, and I hope anyone else attempting this trophy doesn't waste as much of their lives as I did. :-P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...