What is she doing? Trophy Help

Ok, this trophy is bugging me.

What I've been doing is starting the 3rd DNA item for the shipwreck section, then I talk to the guy then quit (it's just a easy one since you spawn next to the guy), this resets the world. I run around the corner, change into lady persona, trigger the two guards north of the HQ warehouse. Then I run them up the stairs to the balcony near the end and kill them. I've tried 4 sets with killing the guards normally with hidden blades and 4 sets using the smoke bombs then one hit killing them with the blades, and various other times and still no trophy.

Do you need to kill all 7 at once? If so, how do you get the guards that are further away to follow you? Mine always warp back to their starting locations before I make it to the warehouse, even with full notoriety.

If anyone see's what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Nope it needs to add up to 7. So killing 5 and then 2 guards should give you the trophy however I had attracted exactly 7 guards when I did it. Remember the balcony not the rooftop and kill them by fighting all the way at the dead end. I don't know what exactly your doing wrong but the game is so buggy it is not surprising. Don't forget to patch.

The best way to get guards is in the middle of the city where the gallows are and get a lot to chase you since some might disappear.

Do you have physical? If you do, then did you patch it? I heard downloads don't have patches yet.

Edited by Darkwings

I think this trophy is somewhat glitched/a bit temperamental.

I killed far in excess of 20 guards (red dots on map) up on the rear of the Assassin's balcony and no trophy.

I ended up killing 7 in one sitting (i.e. not cumulative between missions ... I just focussed on killing 7 in one session) and I finally got it to unlock. Not sure if the game simply wasn't registering/saving the kills, but doing it in one sitting worked for me.

Note I didn't lure 7 up there at once. I lured the two guards just north of the Assassin's building, then lured the two further to the east near the ramp at the edge of the park. I then continued to lure those same two guards near the park as they respawn infinitely.

Once I had 7 kills, the trophy popped.

FYI you can't lure the four guards west of the Assassin's building as they won't follow you the whole way.

Hope that helps.

I think this trophy is somewhat glitched/a bit temperamental.

I killed far in excess of 20 guards (red dots on map) up on the rear of the Assassin's balcony and no trophy.

I ended up killing 7 in one sitting (i.e. not cumulative between missions ... I just focussed on killing 7 in one session) and I finally got it to unlock. Not sure if the game simply wasn't registering/saving the kills, but doing it in one sitting worked for me.

Note I didn't lure 7 up there at once. I lured the two guards just north of the Assassin's building, then lured the two further to the east near the ramp at the edge of the park. I then continued to lure those same two guards near the park as they respawn infinitely.

Once I had 7 kills, the trophy popped.

FYI you can't lure the four guards west of the Assassin's building as they won't follow you the whole way.

Hope that helps.

Ok. That seems to be the magic key for this trophy. I think the kill counts don't track through either persona changes or through sequence changes.

Nope it needs to add up to 7. So killing 5 and then 2 guards should give you the trophy however I had attracted exactly 7 guards when I did it. Remember the balcony not the rooftop and kill them by fighting all the way at the dead end. I don't know what exactly your doing wrong but the game is so buggy it is not surprising. Don't forget to patch.

The best way to get guards is in the middle of the city where the gallows are and get a lot to chase you since some might disappear.

Do you have physical? If you do, then did you patch it? I heard downloads don't have patches yet.

I have the download with the day 1 patch installed. No other patches that I've seen yet. The key seemed to be staying in the persona and not going into a sequence.

Ok. That seems to be the magic key for this trophy. I think the kill counts don't track through either persona changes or through sequence changes.

That's what I had my money on. All the "rooftop" kills I made were definitely adding to my stats but the trophy simply wasn't popping.

Based off my experience I suspect the requirements of the trophy are 7 kills in one persona/session/sequence.

Would explain why the number 7 is so specific (everything else is 30 or 50 or whatever).

Maybe some others need to test the theory? Might also be worth testing it on the ramp south of the gallows. Most people say only the Assassin's balcony works, but maybe someone try killing 7 guys up on the south gallows platform.

The trophy description is poorly worded which doesn't help. Makes it sound like you need to kill rooftop enemies, not enemies while you're on a rooftop ... and by rooftop they actually mean balcony that's not even a rooftop.

The easiest place is in the Govenor's Mansion compound. There are 2 guard at one entrace, and 3 each at the other two entrances.

Just alert a group and go up the stairs on the west side of the building and follow the balcony around until you get to the end where the balcony(with railing) ends and there is an open walkway on the eve of a first floor roofline.

Lead the guards to this roof and stay at the peak of this roof and kill the guards with the "Lady" Persona. Didn't have any trouble with this trophy.

I didn't use the HQ balcony, as some have indicated, nor did I kill all 7 in a single session.

Edited by RSheb

The easiest place is in the Govenor's Mansion compound. There are 2 guard at one entrace, and 3 each at the other two entrances.

Just alert a group and go up the stairs on the west side of the building and follow the balcony around until you get to the end where the balcony(with railing) ends and there is an open walkway on the eve of a first floor roofline.

Lead the guards to this roof and stay at the peak of this roof and kill the guards with the "Lady" Persona. Didn't have any trouble with this trophy.

I didn't use the HQ balcony, as some have indicated, nor did I kill all 7 in a single session.

Did you re-kill some of the same guards? One of my thoughts was it could not be linked to the same session (though we might just have a bug in that area), but instead be linked to some ID number of the guards. I kept trying to re-kill the same two guards that I made respawn. Someone else on another thread had mentioned that they did wait for respawns though and it worked so that might throw out that theory.

Thanks for your help on this one. I can confirm that it's one session/sequence/persona. I had a system going of killing one specific roof guard in lady persona in between doing ship stuff and it did not work.

I did lady persona and got max notoriety (full red), then just made rounds for guards that aren't in a group of 4 (with the white coats), because those guys reset, and I led them up the assassin building ramp above the entry door, around the back (facing the water), and to the end as you said. It popped easily this way after seven kills. As one poster said, make a run by the open courtyard to the east and then head back. You should pick up at least 3 sets of 2 guards as well as the witness guards on the side of that courtyard nearest the assassin building. In other words you should have a huge group following you, and make sure you don't run ahead too far, especially giving them time to recognize you went up the ramp and to follow you up and around the patio corner.

Edited by staticsnake

Yeah, this is getting extremely frustrating. I've tried at least thirty times each at both the assassin's HQ and the Governor's house and I still haven't unlocked this trophy. I've even made sure that it's my blades that kill them and not anything else, like Aveline kicking them against the wall, etc.

Really hope this gets patched :/

Could also be worth trying it at the plantation (big house north-east of the city). There is a balcony there and quite a few guards (at least there was during the Business Rival mission). Not sure if that would work?

Then again, a balcony is not a rooftop so the whole trophy description is pretty silly.

• 1 year later...