25-35 hours to plat?

DA PAUL

the trophy guide states this-i have a backlog of games to start,but i dont want to invest that much just now into ac2-is it really that long at least 25hours to plat?sorry if this has been covered but theres 20 pages here and im in a rush so cant scroll through them all

I'd say yes. You need at least 25 hours. Not sure how long it took me to platinum it, but it was at least 25 hours. The "Collect 100 feathers" trophy alone requires 2-3 hours. :)

But the game is really great and you will enjoy every hour of it.

For example tackling the couriers, you can be right on top of them and it doesn't work until after you've chased them around some more. Also some of the counters don't seem to work right, if you use a normal weapon they are fine but not with the hidden blades. Often times you may find that Ezio doesn't go where you are telling him to go when climbing or running on the rooftops. Things of that nature.

You are free to state that I'm just not playing right, however I have been playing video games forever and most would consider me at least a decent gamer. So if I'm having trouble it is likely a design issue, not necessarily a flaw but it probably could have used more polish.

None of the issues I mentioned or others that I can't think of detract from the game being playable, but they do make it more difficult for me to fully enjoy. I have found myself cursing loudly during fights or climbing sequences that I have previously beaten with ease.

Edit: I have also observed other long-time gamers having similar difficulties with regards to the climbing\running. Even those that loved both AC1 and AC2.

Edited by bigdrama

If you just go for the platinum, you can probably easily do it in 25-35 hours.....but there is more you can do in the game (assassin missions/races/etc)..and if you complete everything you can (like I did), it might take you longer than 35 hours.

I miss when people used to enjoy playing games, not only buying them so they can 'plat' them :/

Assassins Creed 2 is a good game, should be bought to be enjoyed, not just a task? :/

i totally agree with you just got the wrong impression i think from the way i worded it-when i start a game usuually im going to play it all the way through till ive done everything in it-the plat is always a goal im not going to lie but its not the forefront of my gaming-im a games freak-ill play 2-3 hours a night and pick up any game i think i might like or have fun with-definetely not for trophies first,it wouldnt be a task as you said but i do have a backlog here and was trying to prioritise what games to play-ac2 wasnt at the top of my list and i just wanted to confirm the length-i didnt think i wanted to commit to a 25hour game first(or as rabies stated could easily go to 35hours to fully explore all the contents) when i have what i think will be more enjoyable games for me jus now.

i appreciate all the replies guys(thanks for the heads up about the couriers bigdrama)

Well it took me about 30ish hours to get my platinum so I made the time by taking off 5 hours (which is certainly possible to do) and adding 5 hours. It depends how much you do outside of the main story and getting trophies. You're not going to be able to get it much faster then 25 hours though.

I took my time: 34 hours for me to plat and worth every minute. If my PS3 didn't YLOD causing me to lose the copy-protected game save, I might have gone for 100% synchronization. Instead, I'll likely replay at some point just to focus on and enjoy the story and basic gameplay and not bother with collectible hunting.

the trophy guide states this-i have a backlog of games to start,but i dont want to invest that much just now into ac2-is it really that long at least 25hours to plat?sorry if this has been covered but theres 20 pages here and im in a rush so cant scroll through them all

Trust me, it's a long one. It's such an easy game to plat, but you do need time. Especially since there's a few trophies for collecting crap, the Feathers one in particular needs a lot of investment.

Only other bugger is the missable trophy on the Flying Machine. Careful not to miss that SOB

I earned this plat just last week. Rented it and played it over the weekend and a couple days after work. Took me roughly 30 hours. I never played the first game so it tool me awhile to get used to the movements and basics. I couldn't figure out how to advance in the game until I realized you were supposed to go to the exclamation points for main story missions. Unfortunately, I didn't have an instruction manual with the game.

• 3 weeks later...