Assassin's Creed II Discussion Thread

Roronora_Zoro666

Talk about all the issues and glitches and solutions of the game. Any story-related content must be in *spoilers* to avoid *spoiling* people's playthrough and completion of the game. Discuss any trophy tips and advice. Talk about annoying or enjoyable moments in the game. Favorite trophy, favorite map, and such. Have fun talking about one of the most creative games and only one in the series to receive a 9/10 in most reviews.

Any further game related discussions, questions, controversies, X vs Y discussions based off this, and anything else of or relating to this game in particular as well as series (consisting of this as the main topic) are to remain here and not made elsewhere. Otherwise, old threads will be stumbled upon and thus, closed. Especially, if they've been answered before.

I'll help anyone here who has questions as I've plat it before, and am going to redo story soon after my next few plats. Any collectibles and such can be discussed here. I'll create a sub-guide if many have troubles with it.

Anyway, don't spam or double post in here. This isn't a cheap way to raise your post count. Any further questions PM me, otherwise post here. Remember to help others if there is such a case, or just discuss your thoughts and overall opinions, and favorite moments of this game. If someone doesn't agree with you, or has negative standpoints, don't bash on them. This is a discussion on all types. If those people just come to make trouble, report them. If you make trouble, don't be shocked to get reported. This applies to me too, btw...

Not a trophy guide, just a discussion and assistance thread. Hope this helps you. Don't create multiple threads for one-sided answers, use this instead. This is to help those stuck or glitched on a trophy, looking for tips, as well as any sort of discussion revolving around this game. If asking for a question, add a title to your post, to seprate the discussion and the questions/advice.

For spoilers try this:

[spoiler=Andy]

To make a spoiler you have to have a code unique to you, like your user or psn, not password or anything of valuable information. Dont ust copy and paste someone else's spoiler to yours. If so, you cant open your spoiler, nor the spoiler you took from the other person. Only use spoilers for important story-related discussions, or massive spoilers on the story, even if its a question. Don't assume everyone beat it...

These spoilers can be used in signatures and other content, so hope this helps most of you understand this and the use of this. Any further questions revolving around spoilers ask a moderators or check PS3T beginner's guide...

Here is my spoiler:

[spoiler=RoronoraZoro666]

To fully close this spoiler as one above, just add this "/" to the 2nd half before "Spoiler" and it'll work fine. Try not to put spoilers withinin spoilers, not sure if it'll work, if it does, it'll be annoying...

Hoping this goes very well. It should, if people contribute and ask questions or just discuss frequently. :D

Have fun with this, and don't be shy...

Just to clarify and repeat:

This is mostly for anything. Be it for one-sided answers, questions, advice, help, or just talking about the game and discussing story. Otherwise people will keep revisiting old threads and reviving them for help or confirmation. As I beat it, I can answer the questions. So no need in creating duplicate threads.

Not sure I fully understand the point of this thread. :confused: So we are just supposed to ask for help in this thread? No other threads can be started? Would that make it hard to search for a solution to a problem first?

The answer is no, it won't. As I can just tell you, or someone who frequents

this thread could answer in my place. This is more than just that. I've edited it, so it should be understandable. All AC2 related discussions apply here. :D

EDIT: Any further concerns or questions revolving around this thread in general, not its contents laid for discussion, but main post being confusing or in need of editing, PM me or VM me and I'll do so. Give me a reason why and what to edit, or I won't know. Don't post that in here as its off-topic, I'm just making sure to you that you can ask me anything of that manner there, keep all ACII related discussions here.

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/archive/8/8e/20091126021753!Ezio.jpg

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
Updating/Tweaking

I'm also playing it again right now even after platinuming on PS3 and 100% on XBOX. At least I know I'm not the only one who plays this over and over. :)

Not sure I fully understand the point of this thread. :confused: So we are just supposed to ask for help in this thread? No other threads can be started? Would that make it hard to search for a solution to a problem first?

Ok, I'll start:

[spoiler=Zoro]

My favorite part of game was getting Altaïr's armor, and being almost invincible with it. Let alone that, the sword proved superior against everything. I usually kept re-using the sword non-stop to kill civilins and enemies. I love the freerunning and stealth, truly remarkable. The story was kind of a bummer, as I expected something more amazing, luckily, you can still continue hunting and goofing off. The most annoying part was the loading screens occasionally freezing over and the fact that Ezio can't survive 20 feet jumps, but 15 he's still fine. :confused:

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

Ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification! I'll keep my eye on this thread as well since I've become pretty familiar with the game as well.

What I really enjoyed about the game is just walking/running around cities in a time period that I wasn't alive. Obviously it is still a video game and it doesn't look exactly like back then, but it's still fun to pretend. The open worldness of it is cool and being able to learn more about the modern day Templar/Assassin story as well.

[spoiler=MilkBone1234]I also really enjoyed improving Ezio's Uncle's Villa. It adds just a little hint of RPGness to it. That was really fun.

Ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification! I'll keep my eye on this thread as well since I've become pretty familiar with the game as well.

What I really enjoyed about the game is just walking/running around cities in a time period that I wasn't alive. Obviously it is still a video game and it doesn't look exactly like back then, but it's still fun to pretend. The open worldness of it is cool and being able to learn more about the modern day Templar/Assassin story as well.

[spoiler=MilkBone1234]I also really enjoyed improving Ezio's Uncle's Villa. It adds just a little hint of RPGness to it. That was really fun.

[spoiler=Zoro1]

I loved the villa. I had around 85% by the time I plat. Sad part is, I have to get all races, courier missions, miscellaneous missions and treasures to 100%.

If AC2 offered that as a trophy, this game would've had a more time-consuming plat, as well as a rare plat percentage accomodation. Ahh...one can dream... :'(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A vast improvement over the first, but still only good, not great. Overrated really. I hated:

[spoiler=20582843]Ezio kills shitloads of people but when it comes to killing Rodrigo Borgia himself, he says 'no, killing you won't bring back my family' or something like that. How convenient, because killing him would also be historically inaccurate. :rolleyes:

Yeah, those sorts of cop-outs bother me.

A vast improvement over the first, but still only good, not great. Overrated really. I hated:

[spoiler=20582843]Ezio kills shitloads of people but when it comes to killing Rodrigo Borgia himself, he says 'no, killing you won't bring back my family' or something like that. How convenient, because killing him would also be historically inaccurate. :rolleyes:

Yeah, those sorts of cop-outs bother me.

Agreed there are some contradictions if you think of it that way, I personally try not to as I avoid ruining a game for myself and others. Still funny though I feel same with uncharted 2 hence why I hate it.

[spoiler=123]

Drake gets hit dozens of times and and when he gets shot by a gun in a cutscene he almost dies and you see the wound get bigger and bigger. Overdramatic and pissed me off.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I'll start:

[spoiler=Zoro]

My favorite part of game was getting Altaïr's armor, and being almost invincible with it. Let alone that, the sword proved superior against everything. I usually kept re-using the sword non-stop to kill civilins and enemies. I love the freerunning and stealth, truly remarkable. The story was kind of a bummer, as I expected something more amazing, luckily, you can still continue hunting and goofing off. The most annoying part was the loading screens occasionally freezing over and the fact that Ezio can't survive 20 feet jumps, but 15 he's still fine. :confused:

That's one of my favorite parts too. I always use it and never get rid of it or replace it with something else. I also really like the color scheme that it has.

I also really like:

[spoiler=Eziotheplaya]the fact that Ezio meets and subdues at least two other ladies aside from his girlfriend early in the game, and at the start of Brotherhood, I think it's someone entirely different from ACII. It's been awhile since I played the game, but I do know that Ezio had a harem in like every game except Revelations. Although, out of all the girls in ACII, I like Rosa the most, since she can keep up with his parkour and can match him in strength, almost.

• 3 months later...

I've just finished the game. I just need to catch some feathers for Petruccio and platinum is mine. I really loved the puzzles (I had some dificulties with some of them) and to build up the villa. :)

The parts I didn't like:

[spoiler=jfrl1991] When as Altaïr I had to climb that stupid tower. I couldn't reach it and I had to watch a video in order to pass through this part. I also didn't like the ending with that creature called Minerva. It was so fantasious.

• 1 month later...

I finished this game a couple of days ago and I loved playing through it. Besides AC II, I have only played AC IV, so maybe this is irrelevant once I finish the other parts but am I the only one who found Ezio a really boring character?

[spoiler=Iloenchen]He started out really interesting and they could have made so much of him. Up to the point where he met his uncle, I absolutely loved him. From there on, for a very long time, there seemed to be no character development. Maybe the problem is that there are such strong characters in the game that make him look pale. He doesn't show emotions, he doesn't even seem to feel anything. Near the end, he says that he did it all for revenge but I never had the feeling that he felt strongly about wanting to get revenge. He just did it, without comment. There was a scene where he met with Rosa at his birthday and he talks about how long it has been since his father's & brothers' deaths but even there, I think they could have made much more out of it.

Or is it just me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my Platinum a few minutes ago. My only exposure to Assassins Creed previously was quite a few years back playing the first game and getting 2 hours into it before switching it off. I remember not knowing what I was doing and spending most of that time jumping into hay stacks so I never got into AC because of that one bad experience. Until a few days ago I wanted to find the next game to play and bought AC II cheaply, well, my whole attitude has changed. One of the greatest games I have played. So much fun, I loved the story, the combat, everything about it. The combat and Platforming are both easy enough that a newbie to the series can pick it up and play like a pro straight away.

I'm going to buy Liberation HD and the standalone Freedom Cry soon.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Ezio Trilogy, especially AC2, is also my personal favorite in the franchise. I think Edward came pretty close to Ezio, but he's still the greatest in my opinion. I'm hoping for AC: Syndicate to change that though, since I liked what I've seen from the main characters there a lot. I still love the franchise, even if it has never quite reached AC2 again so far.

• 4 weeks later...
The Ezio Trilogy, especially AC2, is also my personal favorite in the franchise. I think Edward came pretty close to Ezio, but he's still the greatest in my opinion. I'm hoping for AC: Syndicate to change that though, since I liked what I've seen from the main characters there a lot. I still love the franchise, even if it has never quite reached AC2 again so far.

Ezio has a depth of character you can't find in anyone else. He captivates you in a level almost unseen around video gaming industry (maybe Handsome Jack, or Andrew Ryan, but still they are just villains).

You face all of his life moments. The fall, the rise, the vengeance and the quest for knowlegde. It's almost impossible not to like him.

• 6 months later...