Best place to farm for epic lootz?

I'm a bit disdainful of Ubisoft's decision to include random drops - and, particularly, RARE random drops - in the game, but my completionism will not allow me to skip it. I'm nearly done with the game, but I still have two uncompleted Store Quests on file - I need another Shrunken Head, and an Aconite...

I've already opened all the Noble Chests, and since I've finished the Thief Quests, I don't get randomly assaulted by walking treasure-chests... I mean, Bandits - anymore. So far, the best remaining way to get item-drops I've found is to replay the Thief-mission 'A Clash Of Interests', and search the 8 Bandits you fight in that. Is there a better way I'm not seeing?

I'm a bit disdainful of Ubisoft's decision to include random drops - and, particularly, RARE random drops - in the game, but my completionism will not allow me to skip it. I'm nearly done with the game, but I still have two uncompleted Store Quests on file - I need another Shrunken Head, and an Aconite...

I've already opened all the Noble Chests, and since I've finished the Thief Quests, I don't get randomly assaulted by walking treasure-chests... I mean, Bandits - anymore. So far, the best remaining way to get item-drops I've found is to replay the Thief-mission 'A Clash Of Interests', and search the 8 Bandits you fight in that. Is there a better way I'm not seeing?

Im in the same boat as you BlackDragon...I still need 1 shrunken head and 1 aconite. Iv'e already opened all the treasure chests too.

Maybe we have to find all the treasures in the romulus shrine lvls???

Same here, still missing that Aconite. I don't think I've ever seen that item, actually. Must be extremely rare for some reason.

AFAIK, all chest-drops are 'random', which means that finding and opening all chests is no guarantee that you get all the pieces you need... if it DID work like that, I honestly wouldn't mind - I find all chests on principle. But there's nothing you can do about a random drop except hope for good luck, and I have little of that...

Borgia Couriers are the sole resource of Aconite in the game, to my knowledge.

The Romulus Lair within Palazzo Laterano ("The Sixth Day") holds the other chest containing a Shrunken Head.

Edited by equ1d

...I really wish people would READ the OP before they try to 'answer'. ~_~

Now, I seriously doubt that chests have pre-assigned content, but if you say so, equ1d - the chest with the 'other' shrunken head, is it part of the main trove of the lair, or in some hidden location? 'cuz I already did Palazzo Laterno (and, indeed, all the other Lairs), and I still only got 1 Shrunken Head.

...I really wish people would READ the OP before they try to 'answer'. ~_~

Now, I seriously doubt that chests have pre-assigned content, but if you say so, equ1d - the chest with the 'other' shrunken head, is it part of the main trove of the lair, or in some hidden location? 'cuz I already did Palazzo Laterno (and, indeed, all the other Lairs), and I still only got 1 Shrunken Head.

I think the chests are pre-assigned...I found a shrunken head in a chest not in the treasure room but in a secret place. When you get in the big room where you have to start using throwing knives to make the cross fall, stay on the right side, go all the way back to where you climb up the stairs but dont go up yet...in the far right corner is a passage where you will see the chest.

Edited by skorpionking1234
wrong information

Well, I stand corrected. I had, indeed, missed that particular chest, and it actually contained the missing head...

So now, I'm only missing the Aconite. Hmm... this makes me wonder. There actually IS one chest I haven't gotten, because I couldn't figure out how to reach it - I didn't think it really mattered, since I believed it was just one more 'random drop', but if the contents are preset, it might be what I'm missing...

It's on a plateau in the western corner of the southmost region of the Antico District - entirely surrounded by steep cliffs. There's a broken bridge (or possibly an Aqueduct) leading to it from an accessible plateau directly north of it, but the gap is exactly too long to jump... possibly, a horse-jump could cover it, but since you can't gallop outside of a few, specific missions, that doesn't help much... any idea on how to get there?

If that's not it, I guess equ1d might be right, and it's only available from Borgia Messengers, which would suck royally - that would make them DOUBLE luck-based, since Messengers appear randomly - and THEIR drops are DEFINITELY random.

Well, I stand corrected. I had, indeed, missed that particular chest, and it actually contained the missing head...

It's on a plateau in the western corner of the southmost region of the Antico District - entirely surrounded by steep cliffs. There's a broken bridge (or possibly an Aqueduct) leading to it from an accessible plateau directly north of it, but the gap is exactly too long to jump... possibly, a horse-jump could cover it, but since you can't gallop outside of a few, specific missions, that doesn't help much... any idea on how to get there?

Take a horse and jump the gap. Did this in my first try. Just hold R1 and X and the thing jumps the gap...easy enough

• 1 year later...

For the shrunken head I just did the "The Sixth Day" Secret location where they say the other shrunked head is in, I opened all the chests no head. Pissed me off quite a bit. They only thing I can think to do is replay the memory and hope I get it. Does anyone know if you replay a memory are the chest closed again?

It's also a huge piss to have to wait for the couriers or actively seek them out to get two Aconites. Way to go Ubisoft.