Story/Plot Discussion Thread **MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE**

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free thread for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

This thread has been created to discuss anything Assassin's Creed Brotherhood related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like that will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread.

Edited by funkyweed

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoops, looks like I posted the other thread pre-maturely...

so I'll repost here.

ok, the ending to AC1 was ok (it gave u something to think about) the ending to AC2 was good (fight in the credits? hell ya! :D) but the ending in ACB is just... WHAT!? ok, granted it does totally leave room open for another AC game (which is always a good thing) and there's those mystery voices during the credits got me thinking... however, the very last thing that happens before the credits... having Desmond stab Lucy... what the hell man? They didn't even expand on it, it's just... they both fall down, Lucy bleeds, and that's it... credits. It didn't feel like a pumped up cliffhanger like the last 2, it felt more like a middle finger to the audience... I mean, there's cliffhangers... and then there's "fuck you" endings... this was the later...

on the brighter side, at least I know AC3 (or whatever the next one is) will pick up right where this left off... hopefully...

It wasn't a horrible ending, it just... wasn't enough... and it cut off so suddenly...

and expanding on the whole voices in the credits... what if this whole Desmond story is someone else in an animus reliving the memories of Desmond reliving the memories of his ancestors? kinda like a double dream?

Edited by oversoul53

I think that what we're doing right now is what the devs wanted

I think they wanted everone who has played the game to be WTF!!!

Who knows, maybe in AC3 this whole stabbing Lucy thing turns out to be a trick from Minerva.

Or maybe Lucy turns out t be a templar.

The point is, we're all stunned and wondering. This means that the developers did their job.

Edited by jx07

- Desmond/Lucy = Adam/Eve :think:

- They both die at end? Maybe in order to proceed they need to die, to achieve ultimate enlightenment.

Notice how "She" kept talking about -Not allowing man his "6th Sense/Third Eye"-......shedding your body, "death". Would allow you to use it?

- I love how they tied all these conspiracies with the church/illuminati/Templars/2012 Mayan Prophecies....Ive been a info nut on this stuff for years.

- Ending was Lame though, I was pretty upset.....AC2 was way better at building everything up to the end. AC3 will be out 2012....guessing with the importance of the date and what would be better then having the final AC be released in 2012 "THE YEAR OF GREAT CHANGE..." :applause:

-They both die at end?

Desmond didn't die, he just passed out. and Lucy's death isn't for sure yet, she bleed a lot. But stomach stabbings aren't always fatal. Didn't u see Kick-Ass? It's not like he stabbed her in the heart or anything.

what I wanna know is what ppl think of the voices in the credits, something about someone going into shock after too much time in the animus or something. Who and/or what do u think that's all about?

and expanding on the whole voices in the credits... what if this whole Desmond story is someone else in an animus reliving the memories of Desmond reliving the memories of his ancestors? kinda like a double dream?

I was thinking the same too, a bit like inception, jumping into several dream states at once. I hope thats the case.

As for the ending, I loved AC2 ending but this one was as if they tried so hard to make the ending emotional with you killing Lucy but what ubisof doesnt realise is that the player is more invested with the characters of the 1500s then 2012 so to me the ending was just a sudden "WTF is that it?" and not "WTF desmond killed Lucy"

In this instance the journey getting there was better then the actual destination unfortunately

Great game though.

I Loved it, I thought that once rebecca and shaun woke up they might have taken Desmond to William or the other assassin's. William seems to be the main contact as seen through the emails. Some time through the game if you exit the animus after the sequence and talk to Rebecca she says something about Desmond actually getting better after using it, or stronger in some way. Or he questions it. She said "it would be a neat thought" or something along those lines.

If this were the case, Desmond would need to be put back into the animus, that would explain why he forced him back in after being in shock. I doubt Shaun and Rebecca would have left them both there.

I wish there was some kind of secret ending or something you could reveal once you have 100% done everything or something. There is just so much to do though. In my opinion the game was so good I would do it all for it. I just hate being left hanging like that. I agree, it was sudden, and all in all sucks waiting.

I wish there was some kind of secret ending or something you could reveal once you have 100% done everything or something.

if u find all of the glyphs before the end of the game, Subject 16 warns you about the impending death of Lucy, he says something along the lines of "she will be a sacrifice, they will take everything you hold dear" and some other gibberish I couldn't translate.

which brings me to another question... does anyone understand the gibberish that spirit woman kept spouting at the end of the game? it's so hard to make out what she means exactly. same for all that nonsense Subject 16 shared with Desmond.

Edited by oversoul53

Lucy will survive I'm sure and I think she's a Templar. When it said press any button did anyone not do it? Desmond was fighting it. Would be interesting to see if there was a different ending for holding out. Free will and all that. :whistle:

Voices at the end, to me, sounded like Abstergo guy Warren. Someone obviously put you back in so you can continue on as Ezio.

Also on the Lucy thing. Would be interesting to see Ezio or whoever it is in AC3 killing Lucy's Templar ancestor.

Lucy will survive I'm sure and I think she's a Templar. When it said press any button did anyone not do it?

I thought the same, I wish I could go back and have not pressed any buttons and at least let it wait there for a while until I was sure. It looked like the PRESS ANY BUTTON was like a demand.

Also, I didn't know that once you got the glyphs before hand Subject 16 says that, thanks Oversoul. I thought I could stop at Sequence 9 to go back and do stuff, and screwed myself on the glyphs.

and just so you can look back to what she said they have all of the quotes from the game on their wiki. If you missed something subject 16 said, or Juno said, the whole conversation between them is there. Juno is one of the other two Minerva spoke of, and the name of the "Ones who came before" that took over Desmond.

Lucy will survive I'm sure and I think she's a Templar.

On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening. You, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies. The end and the beginning, who we abhor and honor. The final journey commences. There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.
Edited by Krimjaw

On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening. You, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies. The end and the beginning, who we abhor and honor. The final journey commences. There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Yeah. The one I think is Lucy they can't see her because she's a Templar but also of Eve's blood.

Yeah. The one I think is Lucy they can't see her because she's a Templar but also of Eve's blood.

Yeah, I think your right on.

The ending was kinda dissappointing. There wasn't the same build up there was in AC2 where everything came down to the last 10 minutes. It was still a very good game though and I think we can be certain of an Assassin's Creed game coming out in 2012.