Trophies not unlocking.

I just got to the beginning of Sequence 2 and should have gotten two trophies. Neither popped. Anyone else having trouble getting their trophies?

UPDATE: I wiped my install, save and profile data from my PS3 then proceeded to reinstall and try again. Trophy unlocked no problem. Anyone having trouble try that.

Edited by Deadaim357

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: I wiped my install, save and profile data from my PS3 then proceeded to reinstall and try again. Trophy unlocked no problem. Anyone having trouble try that.

I am having trouble with my trophies...I should have unlocked several by now - if I delete my profile and stuff...will I lose my harlequin persona on MP?

I had the same problem as well. I did exactly what Deadaim357 posted in the update and the Technical Difficulties trophy popped up once I started my new game. Funny thing is that I played the MP first and got three trophies, but once I started the SP, nothing came up. I have feeling that this glitch could be due to downloading the DLC before I installed the game. BTW, I didn't lose my Harlequin character in MP after reinstalling the game and starting over.

I had the same problem as well. I did exactly what Deadaim357 posted in the update and the Technical Difficulties trophy popped up once I started my new game. Funny thing is that I played the MP first and got three trophies, but once I started the SP, nothing came up. I have feeling that this glitch could be due to downloading the DLC before I installed the game. BTW, I didn't lose my Harlequin character in MP after reinstalling the game and starting over.

I installed the DLC before installing the game. THings are working fime for me. 5 trophies so far, 3 single player and 2 online. Oddly enough, this is the first AC PS3 game to NOT freeze on me. Sorry to hear some problems are occurring for people.

The only one ive gotten was the "Technical Difficulties" trophy. When I completed DNA sequence 1 and virtual training for getting 3 gold medals I got no trophy. The odd thing is that I did get the Uplay points when I completed them, it even appeared on the screen saying that I completed them but still no trophies. So what I did was I deleted the save data, when you press on story mode select the save file you want to delete by pressing square then just creating a new again. I completed them again and the trophies poped up this time. So no need to uninstall the game just deleting the save data solves the problem.

Also anyone else notice that when the characters are talking their voices just get cut off? It has happen to me several times now on the places with the same characters.

Edited by Sesshomaru

I was hoping they learned from mistakes in AC2! Was pretty pissed st the time I did not get 2 silver trophies on my playthrough, with no way to reload the sequences to play again.

Hope you can now replay sequences in Brotherhood after completing. That was a lame design decision/oversight in AC2. Especially with the trophy glitches.

I just entered Sequence 3, and the trophy for sequence 2 did not pop. Also, for entering my mail, that trophy didn't pop either....

So... have to delete my game install AND my savegame to fix this ???

[edit]

Deleted my installed game... re-installed, did not work. Still no Trophies....

They really need to fix this...

Edited by Trellgoth

So I finished sequence 4 and got the trophy for that, however, I still cant get sequence 3 to pop. Also went back and did 100% sync for sequence 1-3 and couldn't get Perfect Recall or Deja Vu to pop :wtf:

Really dont wanna delete to see if that fixes it, especially after Trellgoth post of reinstalling not working -.- damnit ubisoft :2walls:

And the beauty of it all... Ubisoft isn't telling if there will be a patch for this problem, like, at all!

I got this from the support forums:

“I can’t guarantee anything in regards to patches at this time, however the issue has been reported. In the mean time try deleting the Game data utility files since this is where the trophy synchronizing usually takes place.”

Did you see what it said in the first line ? Can't guarantee anything in regards to patches.... so basicly... we're f*cked for a while...

At the start my game require a 29MB patch. Probably for this problem?

I worked in video games QA and here's the problem (It happened to me with Medal of Honor): I think that when you install the game after downloading the patch (in other words download and install the patch first and install the game second), the installation overwrites the patch, basically nullifying the patch. That's why when I launch a game (not starting the game), I launch it without the patch so the installation or the save data gets saved in the HDD first, and then I quit and relaunch the game to install the patch which overwrites any save/installed data previously saved.

Edited by OceanH

I worked in video games QA and here's the problem (It happened to me with Medal of Honor): I think that when you install the game after downloading the patch (in other words download and install the patch first and install the game second), the installation overwrites the patch, basically nullifying the patch. That's why when I launch a game (not starting the game), I launch it without the patch so the installation or the save data gets saved in the HDD first, and then I quit and relaunch the game to install the patch which overwrites any save/installed data previously saved.

How does it overwrite the patch if the install and the patch are two differant files?

For those having issues getting trophies on PS3 to unlock, here is how I fixed the issue.

1. Deleted ACB file in Game Data Utility folder.

2. Loaded up game disc.

3. DECLINED update.

4. Let game install.

5. Went back to XMB.

6. Loaded up game again.

7. Installed update.

8. Started new story.

This worked for me, as I'm now getting all the story related trophies. Hope this helps some of you.

is there a particular trophy that doesn't unlock? or are they all random? because i just tried doing the perfectionist trophy, and nothing. The weird part was that i unlocked the uplay action, but no trophy. Do i really need to erase everything? and if i do that, do i lose my mp process?

How does it overwrite the patch if the install and the patch are two differant files?

Though they come up as 2 different files, they don't really need to be so. Lemme give an example, though would be easier if you're familiar with Windows' SP updates.

1. You installed game, which has say 10 files, file1 to file10.

2. You install the patch, which has 3 files, say file11 to file13. However, File12 is supposed to replace File2 on main game while File11 and File13 add extra content. So, though patch and install data count around 13 files, effectively there are 12 files as one of them is a duplicate.

3. Now, on installing patch, File12 replaces File2 and that fixes trophy issues.

Lets see how installing patch first works.

1. You install File11 to File13. As the norm, file12 is renamed to File12.

2. Now you install the game and during installation you overwrite patched File2 with original buggy File2.

3. Now you got extra content of patch in File11 and File13, but File2 is buggy version from initial install.

Makes sense?:think:

Oeh! Going to try the patch thing mentioned here.

Will deleted the game data, start game without patch... let it install, and then patch the game.

Though, will trophies pop when you continue the story where you left off ?

Say, if you are in Sequence 4, and 2 and 3 did not pop, will they unlock when you start your save game ?

Or do you have to start a new game in a whole ?