Unable to install Animus Project Update 2.0 and other DLCs

Hi!

I've been trying to boost this game lately, but I can't due to the fact that I am unable to install all the updates that came out after Animus Project Update 1.0. I've tried deleting game data, reinstalled it ; the Animus Project Update 1.0 gets installed normally, but then:

- Animus Project Update 2.0 (necessary for multiplayer since everyone use that one),

- The Da Vinci DLC (which I paid for),

- The Copernic thing

Everytime I download any of them and install it, nothing changes in the game, I don't have access to the DLC option in multiplayer mode (and of course I don't have access to the added maps and content either), and apart from "AC: Brotherhood" and "Animus Project Update 1.0", nothing in the game data folder shows that I have those updates installed.

So I don't really know what to do to make it work. My version of AC:Brotherhood was bought on Amazon, it's a 'Greatest Hits' edition with a BLUS code, so it would be a US version, though my PS3 system is in French and I'm in France: could it be the origins of that problem? (though I couldn't see why the Animus Project Update 1.0 works fine and not the others)

I could find some people on the internet who had the same problem but sadly, nothing about the fix.

Anyone got that problem and solved it?

Thank you :)

Edited by Lenithiel

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a little old but instead of making a new one I thought I would save space and use this. The couple trophies I still need you pretty much have to boost and I was reading how to do it so I would be ready once I get a full group and not waste time. Anyway, in the guide it says to go under options-DLC and make sure you have it set to animus project 2.0. I don't have any dlc at all and in the menu it doesn't show anything at all about doc or animus 2.0. Is that just a patch or is it actual dlc that I need to download?

• 2 weeks later...

So I don't really know what to do to make it work. My version of AC:Brotherhood was bought on Amazon, it's a 'Greatest Hits' edition with a BLUS code, so it would be a US version, though my PS3 system is in French and I'm in France: could it be the origins of that problem? (though I couldn't see why the Animus Project Update 1.0 works fine and not the others)

This is very likely the issue, because most games have region locked DLC on PS3. To fix this, you must make a new PSN account and choose United States as its country. Create a new user on your PS3 with this PSN account and you will now be able to access the US PSN store. You should find compatible DLC there.

You do not actually have to play on that new account - after the DLC is installed via your US user, you can just log back in your EU account and play.