Remember the good old days when...

...there wasn't multiplayer for AC games? I mean it turned out to be a lot of fun and a refreshing break from the FPS games out there, BUT I waste enough hours traveling around looking for flags and feathers and then I get to stress over MP trophies for the plat. Can't Ubisoft, at least, do what Infinity Ward does and not have online trophies? Just saying.

Can't Ubisoft, at least, do what Infinity Ward does and not have online trophies? Just saying.

They really couldn't. Infinity Ward knows that the CoD franchise (and especially the multiplayer) is so popular that people will be playing it all year long. When Ubisoft developed the first AC multiplayer, they had no such guarantees. Including trophies, for instance for maximum online rank, is always at least something of an incentive to keep playing, so I can totally see why they did that.

Now that the AC online community has formed and Revelations is being released, you can already see that Ubisoft is scaling down the difficulty for online trophies.

They really couldn't. Infinity Ward knows that the CoD franchise (and especially the multiplayer) is so popular that people will be playing it all year long. When Ubisoft developed the first AC multiplayer, they had no such guarantees. Including trophies, for instance for maximum online rank, is always at least something of an incentive to keep playing, so I can totally see why they did that.

Now that the AC online community has formed and Revelations is being released, you can already see that Ubisoft is scaling down the difficulty for online trophies.

True. I was thinking that, but the sudden need for every game to feature multiplayer (and then to add trophies/achievements) is annoying. Certain games and franchises do not need it. I see what you mean about the difficulty about Revelations. I got the Brotherhood plat yesterday finally (after stressing I wouldn't be able to finish the MP before next Tuesday) and thought I was done with Brotherhood. The MP has grown on me so much, especially after the hours trying to get AEotM, I'll still be playing it online.

My biggest gripe with having to grind for trophies online with a mostly single player game is that the matchmaking system is almost designed to be as counter-intuitive as possible. Feels like I'm at a Red Lobster, staring at that buzzer they give you when you don't have reservations.

Aside from that, rather enjoyable. Even if I do spend a majority of the match with a sharp instrument lodged in my temple.

• 4 weeks later...
I also hate the fact that this game has MP. I am tired of devs forcing me to play their MP if I want to get the platinum for a game.

Amen to that brother. Nothing worse than looking at my 96% completion for this game and knowing I have to keep going long after I hate it to get the Plat.

Amen to that brother. Nothing worse than looking at my 96% completion for this game and knowing I have to keep going long after I hate it to get the Plat.

Yeah, and for me AC Brotherhood is my most annoying platinum(my hardest was Demon's Souls)...I got most of the MP trophies on my own, but half of the MP trophies are hard due to the fact of players stealing my kills, getting me killing, being stupid, and the time consumption of the multiplayer searching system...The trophy that is the most ridiculous is getting level 50...It takes sooooo damn long, even when boosting with others for exp...I haven't gotten AC Revelations yet, but from the talk of my friends who do have it, the MP trophies sound a lot easier than Brotherhood(I got RAGE because AC Revelations was sold out in Bestbuy...).

I stand by what I have said before.

Some games just don't need multiplayer at all. Assassin's Creed is one of these games.

IMO, the MP wasn't a bad addition. It's nice to get to play stealthy and assassinate real players in real time, and not just stupid crappy AI guards. The multiplayer is fun if you know what you're doing, fun when you have friends playing with you. Only frusterating for the trophies.

Just my opinion on this. To each their own.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have much preferred Ubisoft to take a page from Naughty Dog's book. Uncharted 2 and 3 don't need the multiplayer trophies for platinum (except to actually play them once), and then they added in multiplayer trophies later. (And I assume that's their plan with 3 as well). Assassin's Creed could have done the same thing.

I mean, I like the online gameplay, but I don't like stressing out over it. I'm alright with not getting platinum in Brotherhood or Revelations. But it does kind of kill my desire to trophy hunt in a single player setting too. =/

• 2 weeks later...
...there wasn't multiplayer for AC games? I mean it turned out to be a lot of fun and a refreshing break from the FPS games out there, BUT I waste enough hours traveling around looking for flags and feathers and then I get to stress over MP trophies for the plat. Can't Ubisoft, at least, do what Infinity Ward does and not have online trophies? Just saying.

I feel it man I get so tired of 2 or 3 online trophies always holding me back from getting the platinum. It's really not fair to people who don't even have the internet.