have a question about renting this game...

Kirbz

hello, i rented this game a couple of months ago i got all trophies apart from the play 100 games online and win 100 games online, i sent it back and have just rented it again when i put the game in it said it is not possible to earn trophies as it has been played by another person so i need to delete all data related to the game in order to earn trophies so i deleted the data and my saved game wasnt there. this was annoying because i was going to boost the online trophies with my brother and because i lost my data i wouldnt have been able to use my bugatti veyron just the slow starter cars, but my online cars were still there. i checked the online leaderboards and it said i was on 21 games played and 11 games won, i played some with my bro last night and when i go on my profile it says i had 8 wins but when i look on the online leaderboards it still says 21 games 11 wins so im just abit concerned that im not going to get it does anyone know if it goes by what it says on your profile?

sorry for typing so much i love to waffle on lol :D

Can't say I have a solid answer, but your original save is most likely on the cartidge your rented first time around.

I know that with cartidge games, I can back up the game application on some games by linking up to a PC or PS3, and that supposedly is save data & patches that get backed up (on digital games it's the whole game data + same). If you ain't got that back-up, your save's lost as it got deleted by next person renting it.

But I'm also interested in wether you'll pop the 100 trophy on when you've done 79 races (on top of the 21 you did on old save, right?), which means they count on server, on 100 meaning they count on save file, or not at all, which I seriously doubt will be the case as you deleted the save on this cart, so you should have enabled trophies. Shame you'd already gotten the 10 wins trophy or you could've used that one to check :(

Edited by Pinhead

• 3 weeks later...