XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Ashes Cricket 2009

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bright Idea!   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Like it says, you have to make sure you bat first and post a decent total (I'd go for around 600)

If the other teams first innings isnt big enough in reply, you can make them follow on and then you just have to bowl them out again before they reach your total (which means you'd still have an innings remaining, and thus, win by an innings)
Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 AM   #22 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySupreme View Post
Like it says, you have to make sure you bat first and post a decent total (I'd go for around 600)

If the other teams first innings isnt big enough in reply, you can make them follow on and then you just have to bowl them out again before they reach your total (which means you'd still have an innings remaining, and thus, win by an innings)
You dont have to bat first to win by an innings.

You can take the field first (choose to bowl/ball), restrict your opponent to a certain total. When its your turn to bat, score a total bigger than your opponent (far bigger is recommended), and declare when you think you have more than enough runs or just wait till all your batsmen are out. Then, when the opponent takes the bat again, resctict them to a total fewer than the total of YOUR RUNS MINUS YOUR OPPONENT'S FIRST INNINGS TOTAL.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bright Idea!   A+ Thread Award   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Bronze Submission

Its easier just to bat first and set a really high total. If you decide to have a bowl first and they score a high total, then you'll just make it harder for when you chase.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission

Ok I am having some problem with some trophies. The ODI and 20-20 tournament matches. I won a tournament and none unlocked. I played from semi-final. What am I doing wrong? I also selected the full 50 overs.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

I'd assume "full" tourament means something more than just starting at the semi finals so try the quarters....
Old 09-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #26 (permalink)

Got it.

This is how I got it. Since, I already received the in-game trophy/medal for winning a ODI tournament, the actual trophy wouldn't pop, no matter how many times I tried. So, I just went to the Game Data on the XMB, and deleted one of the data file. I started over from the Quarter final, and received the trophy. I think the reason I didnt receive it the first time was because I quitted a lot in the middle of an innings (as some has reported).
Old 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #27 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

great guide supreme, im going to pick the game up next week, im sure it will help me

The Completionist
Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I go for around 400 as once you master bowling and play on easy you snap up the aussies for 40-70 runs per a inn.

The plat is unbeliveable how easy and quick it takes to get...the only thing is how much patience do you have bowling? to get the 40 wickets one and even that is easy just do Freddy/Anderson combo until around 20 overs mark they should be all out around then if not bring on a spinner and do that trick warne teached you to hit the off stump

Every low order batman fool's for it, just aim for 10 wickets a test with one 1 bowler mainly Anderson as he is the best one imo for England.

Last edited by Zerp2008; 09-22-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySupreme View Post

ROAD MAP
Overview:
+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (My Opinion)
+ Offline: 25+ hours
+ Online: N/A (Unless used for boosting purposes though all trophies can be obtained online if you wish, though it will be 10 times easier to achieve them offline.)
+ Approximate time: 25+ hours
+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
+ Glitched/Missable trophies: N/A (NOTE : It is possible to miss a few trophies related to the Ashes Series, in which case you will have to return and start a new series in order to obtain them IE. Taking 40 wickets in a series, scoring 500 runs in a series.)
+ Cheats: No Cheats

RED = I'm pretty sure these bits notify how many trophies are offline and how many are online. Not the amount of hours it may take for each one.

BLUE = I think you may have to note how many trophies are missbale and what ones they are. Because i have the platinum i know that there can be a fairly few missable ones and would therefore require you to do more than one playthrough.

GREEN = I'm pretty sure the playthroughs would be: A full length ODI tournament; A full length 20 over tournament; An ashes series.

And I don't know about the difficulty but i think it usually has to come from olsens difficulty polls.

Just some tips for you

Last edited by Rockets88; 10-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to FARAZ_1994 Send a message via Yahoo to FARAZ_1994

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award   Platinum Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Can i get the trophy for completing an ODI tournament by selecting 5 overs??????

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Closed Thread