Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > > >

Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
BaldWombat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Last Stand Trophy

Last Stand - Survive all 5 waves in the battle for Object Rho

Mass Effect 2 Arrival: The Reapers Are Coming - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN

This article explains what you have to do to get this one. The article contains some story spoilers if you don't want to know about the DLC. Basically at the end of the first mission, of five, you will be cornered and you are supposed to fail and get captured. The trophy will unlock if you can manage to get past 5 waves before you get captured.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Thunderfury

GAHHH, I am so hyped for this! I want it NOW! When I saw the "you get captured" part, I was thinking "NOOOOOO", but you get free, so I'm happy now. 2 days though...wow, that is BAD news. Hopefully, Shepard doesn't screw up...
Betas participated in: Uncharted 2(closed and open), Battlefield:Bad Company 2, MAG(closed and open), Medal of Honor(closed), Dead Space 2(closed), Red Faction:Battlegrounds(closed), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Playstation Rewards, Killzone 3(closed and open), DC Universe Online, SOCOM 4, InFamous 2, Battlefield 3(alpha and beta), Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Thunderfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Attack-Trik
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   I Am a Platinum God!!   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Staff - Events Director   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Wow, I am so excited for this!! I'm excited to see more about what the Reaper artifact is as I bet that's gonna play a huge role even after what was mentioned in the article.
Attack-Trik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
HiryuMK

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I don't like the idea of being alone without our squad and its doesn't seem that big of a DLC, especially when you can do it after Horizon...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Echidnalexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiryuMK View Post
I don't like the idea of being alone without our squad and its doesn't seem that big of a DLC, especially when you can do it after Horizon...
indeed. how is it supposed to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3 if you can do it after horizon?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
BaldWombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidnalexx View Post
indeed. how is it supposed to bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3 if you can do it after horizon?
LotSB bridged the gap between the 2 games and it was after Horizon. Basically it just needs to have a major plot point that explains why things are so different in the third game.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #7
TheCrazyHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldWombat View Post
Last Stand - Survive all 5 waves in the battle for Object Rho

Mass Effect 2 Arrival: The Reapers Are Coming - Xbox 360 Preview at IGN

This article explains what you have to do to get this one. The article contains some story spoilers if you don't want to know about the DLC. Basically at the end of the first mission, of five, you will be cornered and you are supposed to fail and get captured. The trophy will unlock if you can manage to get past 5 waves before you get captured.
That definitely explains why it was annoying even on casual, LOL

Now, I don't suppose you'd know how to save the Batarian colonists?
TheCrazyHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
IamCaboose

That part of the game can glitch. I had killed everyone in the room and I blew off the Ymir's head. When you do that, the Ymir is supposed to blow up in a Cain like explosion. It didn't blow up, and I ended up having to redo the entire fight. On Insanity. Oh joy.

IamCaboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #9
Maldron

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I found a sweet spot on the left side with an L-shaped barrier that enemies refused to approach. I then just took my time. Snipe, Snipe, invisible out of cover for ammo, snipe... Anyway, sweet spot on the left side. Even on insanity, made it easy. Or at least survivable.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #10
BaldWombat

You will know that you did it right if you get a little cut scene of an energy pulse taking you out.

Running and hiding on the left or right hand side seems to be the easiest way to deal with this as well.