New Content??

ecto69

My first thought after seeing the topic of your post in a few forum section is :facepalm:.

That would actually be Playstation Plus members as there is not a "PS3 BETA testers" group. While you never know, I wouldn't count on it being free either.

I am classifying the PS3 release of ME2 as a BETA release as it uses the NEW ME3 engine and they sold it to us with so many bugs that it has to be BETA even if some say it is release ware .

:D

:facepalm:

The game is not even that buggy. I have played probably about 115 hours and am on my 4th playthrough just for kicks and the WORST thing I have experiencecd is floating up over objects and getting stuck up there maybe 5 times total, which I hear is in the other versions of ME2 already. Saying that we "beta tested" the ME3 engine is pretty ridiculous.

I am classifying the PS3 release of ME2 as a BETA release as it uses the NEW ME3 engine and they sold it to us with so many bugs that it has to be BETA even if some say it is release ware .

you must have brought this up in at least 3 threads about bugs, we get it, you are getting bugs in your game let it go. Are you as grumpy as shepherd is in your avatar.

as a software tester, I'm mildly offended by your abuse of IT terminology :p

if this was a beta, then it wouldn't sit on store shelves with other titles, waiting to be purchased by anybody, at the same cost of new-releases.

when you play it, the game wouldn't offer standard public features, such as trophies & DLCs. sony would probably kick up a shitstorm about that ;)

and most importantly, if this was a beta, then I would expect the finalised version to be released sometime. and since I paid full price for it, I expect it to be free :p but neither of those will happen. perhaps a GOTY edition... but they can't release a beta, then strap on patches & DLCs and call that a final product.

edit: and I agree with T_I_M_B_O. I've never encountered any catastrophic issues during my ME2 playthroughs, just minor things such as getting stuck in terrain etc. but if you want to experience Bioware's standard quality of glitches, try playing Dragon Age: Origins :)

Edited by CatNZ

The game only messed with me once, i had died and when it reloaded i was stuck in the ground and couldnt move so i had to reload an earlier save. Im frustrated with this dlc stuff, cuz i already traded the game in. You know this game loses trade-in value quick. My Shepard was at level 29 and i had already done all side missions, now i have a chance to get more xp. This is truly 1 of the best games ive ever played. But yeah the bugs were minimal and i played thru twice.

Oooohhhhh... And here I though this was a thread for discussing the upcoming DLC :(

Heh, yeah... being a ME newbie myself, I'm still wondering if this DLC is completely new content that wasn't released before on Xbox360. But will the 360-crowd get this DLC too or is this now something of a PS3 exclusive? Googling doesn't get me a good answer yet, since this news apparently is too fresh. ;)

Heh, yeah... being a ME newbie myself, I'm still wondering if this DLC is completely new content that wasn't released before on Xbox360. But will the 360-crowd get this DLC too or is this now something of a PS3 exclusive? Googling doesn't get me a good answer yet, since this news apparently is too fresh. ;)

You can always just look at the 360 version of the site, there's a link to it on the front page of this site, probably others too but that's the main one I can remember right now. Mass Effect 2 'Arrival' DLC Confirmed - Xbox 360 News At Xbox360Achievements.org

You can always just look at the 360 version of the site, there's a link to it on the front page of this site, probably others too but that's the main one I can remember right now. Mass Effect 2 'Arrival' DLC Confirmed - Xbox 360 News At Xbox360Achievements.org

Ah, damn, of course. Thanks! I usually forget checking that sister site. Just because I don't have an Xbox doesn't mean the site doesn't have helpful news items... I need to remember that. ;)

So anyway, it's all-new DLC, then. Sounds good.

I wonder if this takes place after the ending or before it, but this is kind of annoying all this great dlc coming out for so many games at once and I need to get it all, but at least its some cool stuff.

I just hope one will not need to make a new game if they only have the beat game data, that and I hope this comes out soon because I need the room on my PS3 soon depending on how soon I can get new games next month and this takes up by far the most room.

I wonder if this takes place after the ending or before it, but this is kind of annoying all this great dlc coming out for so many games at once and I need to get it all, but at least its some cool stuff.

I just hope one will not need to make a new game if they only have the beat game data, that and I hope this comes out soon because I need the room on my PS3 soon depending on how soon I can get new games next month and this takes up by far the most room.

You can play ME2 after you beat the game so it doesn't matter when you do the DLC if you already have a save file. I wouldn't expect it for another couple of months though as Bioware hasn't even officially announced it yet.

Honestly, I stumbled acrossed the trophies by accident because I was trying to look at my progress to see how many more trophies I need to get the platinum trophy. I got 4 of the normal trophies and then, I found these 3 DLC trophies for "Arrival".

"The Ultimate Sacrifice" Too many likely scenarios to put

"Last Stand" Must be a side mission or mini-game

"Covert Action" Pretty self-explanatory

The Ultimate Sacrifice really has me thinking of possible scenarios, but all of them has one conclusion: it obviously has a big impact to the ME2 story and possibly to the ME3 story. For now, I just can't wait to get it. Anybody got some likely scenarios to share? :cool:

The Ultimate Sacrifice really has me thinking of possible scenarios, but all of them has one conclusion: it obviously has a big impact to the ME2 story and possibly to the ME3 story. For now, I just can't wait to get it. Anybody got some likely scenarios to share? :cool:

I had some thoughts I shared in the spoiler thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mass-effect-2/90456-story-discussion-thread-massive-spoilers-inside-8.html#post1551539

It's interesting to me that none of the bigger game sites have commented on this story. I wonder if EA or BioWare has an embargo in place to keep them from talking about it. IGN and Gamespot haven't said anything.

Either way, I think this will most likely be the final DLC meant to be completed after the suicide mission. Shepherd won't be the "Ultimate Sacrifice," because that wouldn't make sense. It will be some NPC you meet as part of the DLC

Yeah, this is the final DLC for the game, aside from appearance packs and the like, and hasn't been released anywhere before. I hope that when the start the Cerberus Network daily updates again they come to the PS3.

If this is the final dlc, then I hope it comes out sooner than when Bioware said the final dlc would come out. I can't remember when I found this, or where, but I remember Bioware stating they'd have one final dlc close to the release of ME3. Now, if this is the final dlc, then we have a long wait for it, but if it isn't, it'd be released sooner and we'd get another one.:dance:

But I don't know if that'd happen. The guys on the Bioware forums are theorizing that the stealth mission will be flying the Normandy, which kinda makes sense. The way you play the game doesn't really allow for stealth, and it worked with the Shadow Broker for flying a vehicle. That also could set the stage for a possible SR-3, but that's really thinking ahead.

It's interesting to me that none of the bigger game sites have commented on this story. I wonder if EA or BioWare has an embargo in place to keep them from talking about it. IGN and Gamespot haven't said anything.

Either way, I think this will most likely be the final DLC meant to be completed after the suicide mission. Shepherd won't be the "Ultimate Sacrifice," because that wouldn't make sense. It will be some NPC you meet as part of the DLC

I think you are right on this as I emailed a few editors at IGN so I know they are aware of it.

If this is the final dlc, then I hope it comes out sooner than when Bioware said the final dlc would come out. I can't remember when I found this, or where, but I remember Bioware stating they'd have one final dlc close to the release of ME3. Now, if this is the final dlc, then we have a long wait for it, but if it isn't, it'd be released sooner and we'd get another one.:dance:

But I don't know if that'd happen. The guys on the Bioware forums are theorizing that the stealth mission will be flying the Normandy, which kinda makes sense. The way you play the game doesn't really allow for stealth, and it worked with the Shadow Broker for flying a vehicle. That also could set the stage for a possible SR-3, but that's really thinking ahead.

They never said that the final DLC would be out around ME3's release. They said the daily Cerberus news updates would start up again around a new DLC and a week before ME3's release.