XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Mass Effect 2 > Arrival

Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #21 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter1371 View Post
The Ultimate Sacrifice really has me thinking of possible scenarios, but all of them has one conclusion: it obviously has a big impact to the ME2 story and possibly to the ME3 story. For now, I just can't wait to get it. Anybody got some likely scenarios to share?
I had some thoughts I shared in the spoiler thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mas...ml#post1551539

*** Blank friend requests will be deleted ***
the_requiem's Borderlands 2 Community Service thread [currently not available, not playing BL2 anymore]
the_requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

It's interesting to me that none of the bigger game sites have commented on this story. I wonder if EA or BioWare has an embargo in place to keep them from talking about it. IGN and Gamespot haven't said anything.

Either way, I think this will most likely be the final DLC meant to be completed after the suicide mission. Shepherd won't be the "Ultimate Sacrifice," because that wouldn't make sense. It will be some NPC you meet as part of the DLC

Goal for end of 2014: 100

*Blank Friend Requests Will Be Deleted*
ChipperVA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldWombat View Post
Yeah, this is the final DLC for the game, aside from appearance packs and the like, and hasn't been released anywhere before. I hope that when the start the Cerberus Network daily updates again they come to the PS3.
If this is the final dlc, then I hope it comes out sooner than when Bioware said the final dlc would come out. I can't remember when I found this, or where, but I remember Bioware stating they'd have one final dlc close to the release of ME3. Now, if this is the final dlc, then we have a long wait for it, but if it isn't, it'd be released sooner and we'd get another one.
But I don't know if that'd happen. The guys on the Bioware forums are theorizing that the stealth mission will be flying the Normandy, which kinda makes sense. The way you play the game doesn't really allow for stealth, and it worked with the Shadow Broker for flying a vehicle. That also could set the stage for a possible SR-3, but that's really thinking ahead.
Betas participated in: Uncharted 2(closed and open), Battlefield:Bad Company 2, MAG(closed and open), Medal of Honor(closed), Dead Space 2(closed), Red Faction:Battlegrounds(closed), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Playstation Rewards, Killzone 3(closed and open), DC Universe Online, SOCOM 4, InFamous 2, Battlefield 3(alpha and beta), Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Thunderfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

just had a new update and it has removed the trophies from my list

think this is in response to bioware previously stating that the list was visable by mistake lol

Games testing is not fun, it is not glamorous.
It is hard work.
But at the end of the day - You are in the Industry and you are a
GAMES TESTER
sansamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipperVA View Post
It's interesting to me that none of the bigger game sites have commented on this story. I wonder if EA or BioWare has an embargo in place to keep them from talking about it. IGN and Gamespot haven't said anything.

Either way, I think this will most likely be the final DLC meant to be completed after the suicide mission. Shepherd won't be the "Ultimate Sacrifice," because that wouldn't make sense. It will be some NPC you meet as part of the DLC
I think you are right on this as I emailed a few editors at IGN so I know they are aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfury View Post
If this is the final dlc, then I hope it comes out sooner than when Bioware said the final dlc would come out. I can't remember when I found this, or where, but I remember Bioware stating they'd have one final dlc close to the release of ME3. Now, if this is the final dlc, then we have a long wait for it, but if it isn't, it'd be released sooner and we'd get another one.
But I don't know if that'd happen. The guys on the Bioware forums are theorizing that the stealth mission will be flying the Normandy, which kinda makes sense. The way you play the game doesn't really allow for stealth, and it worked with the Shadow Broker for flying a vehicle. That also could set the stage for a possible SR-3, but that's really thinking ahead.
They never said that the final DLC would be out around ME3's release. They said the daily Cerberus news updates would start up again around a new DLC and a week before ME3's release.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Hmm, that might be what I'm thinking of, wombat. That definitly sounds familiar...
Betas participated in: Uncharted 2(closed and open), Battlefield:Bad Company 2, MAG(closed and open), Medal of Honor(closed), Dead Space 2(closed), Red Faction:Battlegrounds(closed), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Playstation Rewards, Killzone 3(closed and open), DC Universe Online, SOCOM 4, InFamous 2, Battlefield 3(alpha and beta), Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto69 View Post
I am classifying the PS3 release of ME2 as a BETA release as it uses the NEW ME3 engine and they sold it to us with so many bugs that it has to be BETA even if some say it is release ware .

You obviously have never played a Fallout game if you really seriously think ME2 is buggy...
Cromag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #28 (permalink)

Anybody see the launch trailer? Awesome stuff, except now I know the ending since I played the last part frame by frame...
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Is it in the store yet?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

I found this

http://vghq.net/2011/03/29/mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-now-available-on-xbox-live/

Have not yet confirmed it however. To busy playing DA2

Top 4
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy FAQ
Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II
Skyrim Elder Scrolls V > working on DLC.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
ecto69 is offline   Reply With Quote