tips on overkill moocher and double trouble

You can get all 3 overkill trophy's in one session with this solution.

The Overkiller trophy in Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

200 targets killed in single Overkill (Triggered by you)

The Moocher trophy in Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

200 targets killed in single Overkill (Triggered by your partner)

The Double Trouble trophy in Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

200 targets killed in double Overkill

1) You will want to play a solo game on easy.

2) Load Chapter 23. Into the Light. (We will be grinding in Chapter 24 but you need to fill your Overkill meter)

3) Play through Chapter 23 and into 24 until you breach the room with the mounted machine gun in the back of the church.

3a) Make sure the AI does not use Overkill. I did not have a problem with this but I do hear he can activate it on his own. If he does use it, reload checkpoint.

4) When you breach the door with the mounted machine gun, you will get a checkpoint. This is where the grind starts.

5) Press UP on the D-pad while aiming at the mounted machine gun to have the AI jump on it. This will spawn the grenadier at the back of the room.

6) Take cover to the right of the AI against the wall. and wait for 2 grenades to hit the wall knocking a hole for you to shoot through.

7) Now to hit Overkill! To activate the AI's Overkill, press Down on the D-pad.

7a) For Moocher, only activate the AI's Overkill with Down on the D-pad.

7b) For Overkiller, only activate your Overkill with L2.

7c) For Double Trouble, activate both Overkill meters pressing Down on the D-pad and L2 together. (there is room for delay if you need it)

8) while behind cover, look to the left of the room. There is a hallway upstairs that enemies spawn from. Using Overkill, kill the enemies as they run out of the hallway. Do not focus on the enemies in the back of the room because they are harder to hit. As you kill enemies running out of the hall, more will spawn and they are much easier to kill than the ones in the back of the room and makes best use of your Overkill.

9) Once Overkill is gone, pause the game and reload checkpoint. Repeat steps 5-9 until all 3 trophy's are unlocked.

Side not: Stats will not update in the menu if you reload checkpoints but the kills still count. The game also counts all overkills from your overkill and your partners overkill so the number may not match up.

This is a very good spot indeed, but there should be no need to farm Overkill kills, unless you just don't use it at all..

Well, two playthroughs, and several online matches later, I still don't have the trophy. So, yeah, thanks for the guide man. You're a lifesaver. This is the last one I need. The most difficult thing with this trophy is the fact that you ALSO have to build up your Rage of the Gods meter...

Well, two playthroughs, and several online matches later, I still don't have the trophy. So, yeah, thanks for the guide man. You're a lifesaver. This is the last one I need. The most difficult thing with this trophy is the fact that you ALSO have to build up your Rage of the Gods meter...

Well were you using it consistently? As I said, this spot is perfect to farm in if you barely ever used it at all.. I mean, you CAN go through like 99.5% of the game without ever using it, there's only about 3-4 parts where you're forced to activate Overkill... Me and a few other friends got all 3 of them no problem within the 2-playthrough mark, so it is doable.

Edited by Yoda91192

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just used this method for Double Trouble, as I got the other two trophies naturally during my 2 playthroughs & I can confirm it works 100% :D

Had to repeat the process around 6-7 times, as my stats said that I needed 91 kills & finally got the trophy. Much thanks for the help :applause:

• 4 weeks later...

This worked for me as well.

The only thing I did different was spam grenades at the left balcony instead of trying to shoot guys one at a time. You get infinite grenades during Overkill, so just carpet-bomb the area near the doorway where enemies are entering from. I ended up getting at least 10-11 kills before having to reload.

• 10 months later...

I couldn't make it to the door without the AI partner activating overkill, as soon as I held square to breach my partner would activate overkill, presumably so he could reach me.

Instead I activated double overkill after the cutscene that looks at the gun position and mowed everone down on the way to the door. After about 3-4 goes I had it. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...