King of the hill trophy. Do you have it?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got this annoying trophy at 5 am in the morning lol. For some reason it took many hours to get my last win, which is Warzone in Aftermath. Everytime I get that map, something would happen from the host leaving halfway to my team losing the match and me getting signed out of PSN for no reason.

I'm glad it's done though. Now I just need the 2 extraction trophies and I'll be done with online. Anyone who has extraction, feel free to invite me. I have a mic too.

anyone that has this trophy can you give me some info on it.

Like did you do it all on one day or one map here and another map later.

Did you get disconnected, in the middle of a match and rejoined with no problem.

Which of the three was the hardest. This is the only online trophy I need and I don't know how to get it. Well I do I just need more info. Like should I stay up all night til I get this trophy and beat every map.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Make a checklist and cross them out when you win. Me and my clan-mate did it over the course of 3-4 days, so it doesn't have to be all at once (we both got the trophy at the same time).

The only thing I noticed was that we had to win our last map twice. (Warzone/Temple) We joined in a game that was already playing, won it, didn't get the trophy. We stayed in the room till it came around again, won it, got the trophy. Joining late was the only thing I could see that effected the wins.

We got disconnected (then reconnected) quite a few times, played against teams that literally had 0 people, and had games that were insanely laggy. Everything still worked just like it should have though.

Make a checklist and cross them out when you win. Me and my clan-mate did it over the course of 3-4 days, so it doesn't have to be all at once (we both got the trophy at the same time).

The only thing I noticed was that we had to win our last map twice. (Warzone/Temple) We joined in a game that was already playing, won it, didn't get the trophy. We stayed in the room till it came around again, won it, got the trophy. Joining late was the only thing I could see that effected the wins.

We got disconnected (then reconnected) quite a few times, played against teams that literally had 0 people, and had games that were insanely laggy. Everything still worked just like it should have though.

Thanks for the Info. Finished coop deathmatch but it froze but me and coop friend(MidnightZero) did it over, well the one that we missed when it froze on me and the one when it froze on him. Two times. Only control n warzone left and the 6 maps that we have to beat. Thanks again for the info. It helps alot.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Thanks for the Info. Finished coop deathmatch but it froze but me and coop friend(MidnightZero) did it over, well the one that we missed when it froze on me and the one when it froze on him. Two times. Only control n warzone left and the 6 maps that we have to beat. Thanks again for the info. It helps alot.

yup but were geting it slow and steady we be done by friday

I just got mine last night, from what I gather you cannot have any disconnects, you must win, and I believe, not sure about this one, the host can not leave mid game, I believe that one though because I made a checklist and put question marks next to the maps that the host left, I had one more game to play last night which had a question mark on my list and I already completed but the host left, when I played again and won, my trophy popped, pretty annoying, glad it is over.:applause:

This is my 100 post. Not that it means anything but I'm here to thank everyone that helped me get this army of two platinum. I would like to thank MidnightZero for helping me get most of my online trophies and DCeve for being in that extraction match for all 16 rounds. I would even like to thank EA for bring out a shooter that I can get all the trophies for. Lol that's funny but true. EA you dis you best. Please for give me I don't mean to sound stupid or anything but it is my sixth platinum, since the day I bought my ps3 5 months ago tomorrow. Thank you again.

I sound so stupid and young but it feels good to now you put the work in to get a great result.

There are 6 maps and 3 modes - so in total, you have to win 18 matches. Some are easier than others (eg in Warzone, there is a 50% chance of you winning because all players are either on the "good" side or the "bad" side), but in things like Deathmatch where it is every pair for themselves, it is a bit trickier.

I've just started on this trophy and totally agree that making a list of all the maps is the most logical approach. In case it helps, here it is:

COOP DEATHMATCH

• Zoo

• Consulate

• Vertigo

• Temple

• Crossroads

• Aftermath

CONTROL

• Zoo

• Consulate

• Vertigo

• Temple

• Crossroads

• Aftermath

WARZONE

• Zoo

• Consulate

• Vertigo

• Temple

• Crossroads

• Aftermath

Now, just print it out and cross them off as you win on each one. I don't think this trophy will take too long but maybe a good few sessions of gaming? Not nearly as crazy as The Beast, that is for sure. To answer your other question, I think a typical deathmatch is around 5 minutes? But I'm not 100% positive about that.

a typical deathmatch is around 10 minutes and same average duration is for warzone and control. To get "King of the hill" trophy you have to win 18 matches (6 maps x 3 modes), you have to play every match from lobby to the end, the host of the game has to be the same for the entire duration of the match (i.e. no host disconnects)

I just got it - exactly when I was expecting to (based upon crossing off each level on a list, see previous post).

A couple things:

-one game, I was switched to another team about halfway through a control match because a pair wanted to join or something (or maybe because we were slaughtering them 3-0). Astonishingly, I was able to get the team back on their feet and win the match for them.. this win did still count towards the 18 total.

-When I won the last warzone match I needed, right on the screen that shows the scores for the match, the host disconnected and I got the dreaded "connection to host lost" error. I went on to play the control and deathmatch rounds that I needed and, when I beat the last level on my list, I got the trophy so I guess this win still counted, since the match did officially end and get to the scoreboard, even though I wasn't able to actually read anything on the scoreboard since it disconnected so quickly.

So, all in all - King of the Hill is totally feasible. It really helps, for the deathmatches, to join a round, find the best player and try to get on their team. Being partnered with someone who has no idea what their doing is ridiculously frustrating in this game, since you really depend on a quality partnership to stay alive.

Good luck everyone! Now on to working on the Beast... Ugh...!

I just got mine an hour ago.

Co-op deathmatch in Consulate, I was lucky there weren't that many good shooters in the game.

Was partnered with some random guy, he/she was ok, I had to do most of the work anyway :rolleyes:

I tanked through everyone with a shotgun, rival to 4 people at once and ended up well over 350 points while the rest was still beneath 100 points.

Love those moments :dance:

I just got mine an hour ago.

Co-op deathmatch in Consulate, I was lucky there weren't that many good shooters in the game.

Was partnered with some random guy, he/she was ok, I had to do most of the work anyway :rolleyes:

I tanked through everyone with a shotgun, rival to 4 people at once and ended up well over 350 points while the rest was still beneath 100 points.

Love those moments :dance:

i know how you feel, i end up getting over 350 points almost every match cuz. and my partners are always garbage, lol.