IGN Review!!!

scooke87

I had doubts about this game, but I will give it a try this summer.

IGN Review

8.5 Presentation

An interactive disaster movie from start to finish, The 40th Day throws Rios and Salem in a fight for their lives as an entire city falls around them.

8.5 Graphics

From the particle effects to the animations of Rios and Salem, The 40th Day is visually appealing. Texture pop-in and some camera issues hold it back from being outstanding.

8.5 Sound

Voice acting is excellent once again, although there should be more dialogue during the game. Sound effects are rich and vary based on modifications to firearms, giving the sound of a warzone.

8.5 Gameplay

Single player is stronger thanks to improved partner AI. Co-op is improved this time around, and just about every feature from the first game has been amended. The morality system could go farther.

8.5 Lasting Appeal

Again, co-op play makes this game engaging, and with a stronger set of multiplayer modes you’ll blast through Shanghai over and over for a while.

Great

OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

Source

Ok, I agree with everything they've said

except i think the gameplay and the graphics should get a highr score

and at the video review, one of the reasons the game got a score of 8.5

is coz u only have pistols as a secondary weapon... Dude, this is'nt Vegas 2

oh well, I'll still be getting this game

Edited by jx07

I just got my issue of Game Informer and in their review of AO2 they gave it a 6.5 and second opinion of 6.25. The key points they made was that EA toned down the snappy lines,but failed to improve on co-op and AI. I am getting mixed feelings about this game but I might just pick it up...Will wait for more ppl to post their reaction

Got my rental copy in the post today, I started on Hard and im now about half way through the game. I didnt play the first game but this is really easy so far if only because the enemy AI is so dumb. The online stuff is going to make for a tough platinum, I dont think I will bother, not really enjoying it all that much. Worth a rental.

• 1 year later...

For me this game was average at best. The gunplay mechanics were pretty cool but the story and dialogue was just awful. The overall gameplay started to get a bit stale and boring about halfway through the game as well.

The graphics were also weak in my opinion compared to a lot of other games that were released at the time. I think the one aspect I really enjoyed were all of the different future vision cutscenes.