Online connectivity issue reported.

Rafdog89

Edit 8/21/12: After 3 weeks of complaining and wondering, the online is finally fixed! Thanks to all of you for pitching in and helping to get the online connectivity issue fixed.

With all that said and done, it's time to boost again before they one day shut down the servers for this game! Some of us have already started, but more would be better. Post your information in here if you haven't already.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

wow, wait. you deleted your save file cause some guy from ea told you it was corrupted? thats a joke.

theres no way some joe from ea can even know that. they are a sort of troubleshooting hot-line. they are going to say whatever they can to avoid the fact that its their company's fault.

if you have been loading up your game fine, then theres nothing wrong with your save file. your ps3 would be the one telling you your save file is corrupted, and you wouldnt be able to access it all because of that, not some guy from ea.

i hope that was the case, cause you just lost everything for no good reason.

and yes, i can confirm that Ao2 wont backup. my ps3 ylod on me a while back and that, ufc, and a couple others wouldnt backup after my quick fix. as when i was restoring them they didnt show. but that's normal. they wouldnt back-up for anyone. its a copyright thing, some games have it. it tells you that before the back-up starts on your ps3.

Edited by PrimitivePlus

wow, wait. you deleted your save file cause some guy from ea told you it was corrupted? thats a joke.

theres no way some joe from ea can even know that. they are a sort of troubleshooting hot-line. they are going to say whatever they can to avoid the fact that its their company's fault.

if you have been loading up your game fine, then theres nothing wrong with your save file. your ps3 would be the one telling you your save file is corrupted, and you wouldnt be able to access it all because of that, not some guy from ea.

i hope that was the case, cause you just lost everything for no good reason.

and yes, i can confirm that Ao2 wont backup. my ps3 ylod on me a while back and that, ufc, and a couple others wouldnt backup after my quick fix. as when i was restoring them they didnt show. but that's normal. they wouldnt back-up for anyone. its a copyright thing, some games have it. it tells you that before the back-up starts on your ps3.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't corrupted, and probably shouldn't have deleted it, but what's done is done. I play AoT a lot, so I'll eventually gain back what I lost... except for my custom masks. Wont be getting those back lol. R.I.P. to my awesome War Machine and Iron Man masks. :(

Well, today is the 11th, and so far, no fix yet. I can go online just fine, like always, but those 76 players are still frozen online and I cant connect to them due to the servers. So let's see what this EA guy can really do and if the online will be fixed. It seems to be working for the 360 players, but not for us, so that definitely means there is a problem.

Edit: And I just received my e-mail too, and I knew it wouldn't solve anything:

Hello Raffi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I have reviewed your e-mail and I understand that you are facing connectivity issue. I understand how frustrating this is. If you are having trouble connecting online or staying connected while playing the game on your Sony PLAYSTATION 3, please perform the troubleshooting tips listed below:

Step 1: Power-cycle your Modem

Turn off your modem and leave it unpowered for two minutes before restarting it. (This process will restart your Internet connection.)

Step 2: Connect your Console Straight to your Modem

Try connecting your PLAYSTATION 3 directly to the Cable/DSL modem using an ethernet cable. If the connection works, your connection issues are most likely being caused by your router.

Step 3: Disable your Media Server Connection

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu

2. Navigate to Settings

3. Select Network Settings

4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Step 4: Disable your Router's Firewall

If you are using a router, please try disabling your firewall on the router to see if there is a conflict. If this resolves the issue, please contact your router manufacturer to ensure that the router is configured correctly to allow game play online.

Step 5: Try Deleting Possible Corrupted Update Files

There may be a corruption in the game or update files that are stored on the system itself. Please try deleting these game files and try the connection again. To do this:

1. Press the PS button on the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XrossMediaBar

2. Select the Game tab.

3. Select the Game Data Utility and press the X button.

4. Find and delete all the game data or roster files listed.

Note: When you play online, the online roster will automatically download before an actual match starts.

Step 6: Create a New PSN Account

You can also try creating a new Playstation Network account.

1. Press the PS button the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM (XrossMediaBar).

2. Select the Users tab.

3. Select Create a New User Account and press the X button.

4. Enter a name for the account and login to the new user account.

5. Select the Friends tab.

6. Select Sign up for Playstation Network and press the X button.

Note: When creating the new Playstation Network account, please use a different, valid, accessible e-mail address.

I’m positive that the above mentioned troubleshooting steps should fix your issue.

For any help with the steps above, please feel free to approach us. Alternatively, please visit our online knowledgebase here: http://help.ea.com/

At Electronic Arts, we value your co-operation and efforts.

Thanks and regards,

Prateek

Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

So to help me, you think something is wrong with either my: 1) router; 2) my game save file; and 3) my PSN account. Lol This is the worst help ever. So yeah, I'm not doing any of those mentioned.

Nothing is wrong with my connection, my PS3, my game, nor my account. Doing those steps will only complicate things and create more problems. ...Now I know why people Platinum EA games early on. My hope for the online to be fixed is getting shredded at this point. -_-

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

So I also took the LIVE chat and this is what I got:

you:

Hello

Hevant:

Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Hevant how may I help you?

Hevant:

Hello

Hevant:

May I please know the issue you are facing?

you:

Well i've got this problem with my AoT:40th day

you:

everytime i try to go to an online match

you:

it's says that connection to server lost

you:

i looked it up on different websites and it seems that everyone has the same problem

you:

could you inform me a bit more about the issue?

Hevant:

I can understand your anxiousness with this. Had I been in your place, I would have felt the same. I'll do my best to figure out a solution for you.

Hevant:

Let me clarify you that the server for the game has been shut down. You will not be able to play the game online.

you:

for aot the 40th day?

you:

because I can't find that anywhere on the internet

Hevant:

Yes, I apologize for the inconvenience.

you:

so the online servers for aot the 40th day are closed?

Hevant:

Yes, they are closed.

Hevant:

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you:

since when?

you:

so i will be unable to get the online trophies then?

Hevant:

Yes you will not get the online trophies now.

Hevant:

The server has been closed long time before.

you:

No i think you don't understand

you:

army of two has been shut down a long time before

you:

i'm talking about the 40th day

you:

it has been two weeks i can't get online

you:

before that, i didn't have any problems

Hevant:

Okay, let me check again.

you:

ok

you:

there was a sheduled maintenance on the 2nd of august though

you:

so I think it's impossible that they would close the servers a week after it?

you:

https://help.ea.com/article/scheduled-maintenance-and-downtime-8-2

you:

here you can find the information about the maintenance

Hevant:

I know about this.

Hevant:

Would you mind, if I place your chat on hold for couple of minutes to look into the issue?

you:

no, please help me out here because i know the servers aren't shut down

Hevant:

Thank you

Hevant:

Thank you for your time and patience.

you:

you found anything?

Hevant:

I have checked the server are down due to some technical issue. I apologize for the disappointment.

you:

and when will it get back up?...

Hevant:

I am sorry we have no ETA for this but it will be fixed soon.

you:

So you can confirm that the issue will be fixed and the servers will run again?

Hevant:

Yes, you have understood it right.

you:

Ok, thanks for your time.

In short, this guy was a joke because I needed to tell him that the servers weren't down but there was a sheduled maintenance. But he confirmed that it will work again. So we can all first be the beast (6666 kills) and hope the servers work again after grinding it.

In short, this guy was a joke because I needed to tell him that the servers weren't down but there was a sheduled maintenance. But he confirmed that it will work again. So we can all first be the beast (6666 kills) and hope the servers work again after grinding it.

Nice job, dude. Scared the shit out of me when he said the servers were taken down. That's impossible, because if we clicked on 'Versus' there would be a message that clearly states "The online for this game is no longer available." I haven't tried it out, but I'm sure that's the kind of message I'd receive if I tried to connect online on the original AoT.

Having a job for EA must be simple; all you need to do is simple Google searches to 'help' people. We've basically done their job ourselves without the pay.

Now that 2+ have reported the same issue, they'll look into it without just saying they'll look into it.

You know, now that I think about it, what's causing this problem is when they changed the AoT site around. Because looking back at threads from a few days ago, I made this post on the 3rd; the day the online should have been fixed after their scheduled maintenance. This is all happening because they screwed around with The 40th Day's site (the same site that had the mask creator which is not accessible anymore).

They did something that interfered with the online and now we cant connect to each other. Because I've logged down the days on my online completion list and the last day I was able to do anything online was the 1st of August. Their maintenance and converting the site over on the 2nd and 3rd is what caused all of this to happen. So hopefully they realize this and fix whatever they screwed up.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Dear lord... Not surprised this game is still having issues.

Attempted to boost KotH many times in the past, no dice. Not sure if it was cause I wasn't doing it properly (which I did cause a few friends got it no issues), but after investing so much time on it and still not seeing it pop, I don't care anymore. I might have had a slight desire to attempt this again after hearing they're doing a sequel to this since I know they'll be closing the servers to this, but not anymore.

I'm having the same problems connecting...and why does the number of people playing online always show at 76 peeps? For the last couple of weeks, my friend and I have tried to play and no dice. 76

We all see those 76 players online. They're frozen. They were on right before the scheduled maintenance on the 2nd, so it still lists them.

This connectivity issue happened when they did the scheduled maintenance on the 2nd and 3rd.

~ Rafdog89

Here's a tip, if you're trying to approach EA support on live chat (or any other company for that matter), state upfront that you have done all those amateurish troubleshooting steps like Restarting Modem/Router/PS3, and directly request for EA Level 5 Technical Support (which is like their higher rank of support).

The ones that respond to your live chat are like general admin staff /telemarketers who have zero technical knowledge. You have to request for "Level 5" which is the technical programmer/designer level.

Edited by yewjhin

Here's a tip, if you're trying to approach EA support on live chat (or any other company for that matter), state upfront that you have done all those amateurish troubleshooting steps like Restarting Modem/Router/PS3, and directly request for EA Level 5 Technical Support (which is like their higher rank of support).

The ones that respond to your live chat are like general admin staff /telemarketers who have zero technical knowledge. You have to request for "Level 5" which is the technical programmer/designer level.

Oh shit; we're pulling out the big guns now lol. I assumed they were pretty low technical support employees, because it seemed like all they did to 'help' was do a simple Google search.

If things don't change by Monday, then I'll strike up another live chat with 'em and use that to my advantage. Still, good information for anyone who wants to try it out and demand the online to be fixed.

~ Rafdog89

Guys. I tried the same for you even if I had all the online trophies.

This is what happened. It was mainly focused on the mask creator (for a friend on 360), but I also extended the matter on the connection issues. I did not DELETED anything (save game or update data).

You are now ready to chat with Chetan.

Chetan: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Chetan how may I help you?

you: Hello Chetan

Chetan: Hello Straniero.

you: I have an issue with the game Army of Two: The 40th Day

you: Can I explain it?

Chetan: Sure, I'll be glad to help you.

you: Ok, basically there is a trophy called DIY PMC, which descriptions tells to "create a mask by going on the Army of Two - Official Site site and wear it in a public match"

you: Now the problem is, when I go on the site, what it does is just show me an upcoming screen of the new Army of Two game

you: I cannot access the mask site anywhere

you: So neither of my friend do, neither on the Xbox 360 platform

you: This will void getting the trophy, as there is no way to make/publish mask :(

you: Is there any reason why the mask site got down?

Chetan: Okay

Chetan: Let me check it Straniero.

you: Okay

Chetan: Did you redeem extraction code?

you: The extraction code?

you: I don't think that's anything to do with extraction

Chetan: Extraction Mode code.

you: I can play it fine

you: Well, I played it fine, because now online mode doesn't work anymore :(

you: Basically, mask site is down, and versus mode (the multiplayer) is broken

you: So no online trophies can be obtained

Chetan: Could you please provide me the link of the mask site?

you: I can give you the full link

Chetan: Sure.

you: http://www.armyoftwo.com/us/graphicscreator/graphics/gallery#viewertabs=features&gallerytabs=everyones&sortOrder=createdDate&periodType=weekly&page=1&searchTextType=title&searchField=&id=8af889c0260ac8f20126282b5a046153&friendId=all

you: Here's the full link

Chetan: Thank you.

you: If you click it, you will be redirected to another screen which has nothing to do with the mask creator

you: It has been clearly "replaced" without accounting it

Chetan: Let me check it.

you: Hmm, you still there, Chetan?

Chetan: I'm still looking into your issue. Thanks for your patience.

you: Yeah, sorry for my rudness

Chetan: Its okay, that's normal.

Chetan: Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.

Chetan: This issue seems to be escalated to the games expert, I apologize for not being able to give you an immediate solution as we do not have the resolution for it.

you: Ok

Chetan: I’m forwarding this case to our Expert Team. Once the team has reviewed your account, you will receive a notification via email from our support team within 24-72 Hrs. The Expert Team should be able to give you an effective solution or suggest alternatives.

you: but can I just ask why that's not been accounted when changing the screen?

you: I really think it's weird that a feature like this, which is part of the game, got so "wrongly" replaced with something else

you: Sorry if this would be like a silly question, do you own the game?

Chetan: Yes, as this is an in-game issue, thank you for your feedback, I will forward your request to the developer's from our end.

you: Well, not that "in-game", it's more a website issue... but okay

you: And, how the Expert Team should be able to give me solution or alternatives? The problem is related to your service

Chetan: Yes, it an website issue with the Game.

you: I cannot do anything else that hope for a fix

Chetan: I request you to change the browser and then try again.

you: I tried with everything

you: Firefox, IE, Chrome, even Safari...

you: And, in addition to this technical issue

you: The online service for the game, co-op and versus

you: Is broken, I cannot invite friends for co-op campaing or multiplayer for extraction or other games mode

you: This is a server issue, as far as my knowledge understands

Chetan: Please clear your browser cache.

you: Nothing worked

you: I tried these workarounds before, and nothing managed me to get rid of this issue

you: The problem lyies in the website structure

you: The webmaster, or whoever is in charge of maintenance/updating the site

you: Didn't take account of that mask creator, and it's gone, simple and easy

Chetan: I request you again to wait for the response of Expert team, they will contact you within 24-72 hours and try to fix it.

you: But what they could tell me?

you: Maybe, I'm sorry to say, you don't understand

you: The mask creator is in a website HOSTED by EA

you: the company which you work on

you: And, even if they give me any kind of response, what of these response would they be?

you: I cannot go into the site and fix it

you: It's not a problem I can do anything rather than waiting a webmaster/EA to fix it

you: Could you understand me what I'm trying to say?

you: Sorry for being so arse with you

you: This is happened also to Battlefield: Bad Company's leaderboards, I used to check my stats there cos it was updated and told me lots of details

you: but since the change of the website (EA Origin), that leaderboard is gone

Chetan: Straniero, I do understand you issue, but we do not have any information regarding this and the link provided by you doesn't opening on our data base.

you: Same fate happened, sadly, to the mask creator

you: The link I provided you is part of EA website

you: Army of Two - Official Site

you: The same link wrote on the trophy/achievement description

you: If you have the game and test it, you will see the issue

Chetan: I will definitely forward your issue to the developer's of the Game.

Chetan: And thank you for your feedback.

you: To be sure you will give them as much as information possible

you: Here's what I send to you

you: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/army-of-two-the-40th-day/trophy/13158-DIY-PMC.html

you: This is a website of trophy hunters, this is the trophy I'm talking about

you: Due of the "shortage" of the feature, it is now unobtainable, this will also make the platinum unachievable

Chetan: Alright.

you: And same for Xbox 360

you: If you please tell the Expert Team/Webmasters about this

you: For both 360 and PS3

you: It will save mad players like me that want this trophy

Chetan: Sure.

you: I have just a last issue to address

you: It's about the ingame (not website) multiplayer part of the game

Chetan: Go ahead.

you: Since, I think, 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to play co-op online and versus

you: I can send invite to friends

you: but they cannot join my lobby

you: In addition, when I go to search a custom lobby

you: I see several numbers of lobbies with different players

you: when I click on one, it will say "Unable to access server. Try again later."

you: So that's 2 of the issue I encountered with this game

Chetan: Are you playing the game from Origin?

you: No, it's a PS3 game, I don't think Origin means anything

you: Army of Two: TFD wasn't never made for Origin

you: Just PS3 and 360

Chetan: Okay.

you: Right now I'm sitting in front of my PS3 with the game

you: And my friend too

you: We are trying to invite us for play campaing

you: But we cannot join

you: Says the same message I wrote you before

you: "Unable to access server. Try again later."

you: But I can check my stats if I go versus

you: I'm still a level 10

Chetan: Let's try some trouble shooting.

you: Sure

Chetan: There may be some corrupt files on your system. Let’s try to delete these files by following the steps below:

1. Press the PS button on the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM (XrossMediaBar).

2. Select the Game tab.

3. Select the Game Data Utility and press the X button.

4. Select your game

5. Find and delete all the files listed.

you: Ok Chetan

you: I found a file

you: This is the game update

you: If I delete it, it will ask to download it again

you: If I refuse to update, it won't me let connect to PSN till I download it

you: Are you sure deleting the update fixes this problem?

you: It's Update 1.02

Chetan: Let us try, it will fix some time.

you: Ok ok

you: I just deleted it

you: Now need to wait 2 minutes for redownload the update and boot up the game

you: Could you hang on?

you: It's downloading fast

you: Ok, it was small, I booted up the game

Chetan: Sure Go ahead.

you: Connected to EA server for the game, and still not luck

you: Still the same lobbies with the same numbers of players, unable to join them

Chetan: This issue can also be caused due to corrupt game save files, lets try deleting these files. Please follow the steps listed below.

1. Press the PS button on the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM (XrossMediaBar).

2. Select the Game tab.

3. Select the Save Data Utility and press the X button.

4. Delete all the files related to the game.

Continues next post

Please note: deleting your game save file would reset your offline game progress and you would need to play the game from start.

you: No problem, I have PSN Plus I can upload my save game there

Chetan: Sure

you: But, my save file works fine

you: I just played the campaing before contacting you

you: And everything was going smooth

you: I have 3000 kills left for the Beast! :o

you: But, okay, let's give it a try

you: I can also try to load up the game on another account

you: Done, and done.

you: Uhm, still not working

you: Well, my save game is still save, but... nothing is fixed

you: It is not my PS3, it's the EA servers, my PS3 works fine with all games

Chetan: Type the router’s internal IP address into your web browser on a computer on your network (IP addresses are different for each router. For DLink, it's http://192.168.0.1., for Linksys routers it’s http://192.168.1.1, and http://192.168.2.1 for several other brands. Check your router’s manual if none of these work for you.)

Click the Tools tab, then the Misc button.

Click Disabled next to the UPNP listing.

Be sure to click Apply to update the router with this new setting.

you: I don't think deleting saves does something, Chetan

you: The only useful think while going to delete the save for this game, is to make you able to unlock the DLC trophies of Chapter of Deceit, but that's another story

you: My router IP is OPEN

you: So it's not my router

you: It's EA servers

you: I underline IT!

you: This trouble shooting wasn't helpful, sorry

you: This game shipped with a number of problem, first laggy online, then DLC that won't unlock trophies, now this

you: This is some really poor support for EA :(

Chetan: We have tried all the useful steps but didn't work.

you: Yes, as I said, it's EA fault, my PS3 always worked fine

you: I have Battlefield Bad Company on PS3 and IT WORKS

you: FIFA 11, it works

you: It's the server for Army of Two that are not working, so the mask creator site

you: They "partially" works... but still, not how they supposed to, as you are locked out of playing

Chetan: I’m forwarding this case to our Expert Team. Once the team has reviewed your account, you will receive a notification via email from our support team within 24-72 Hrs. The Expert Team should be able to give you an effective solution or suggest alternatives.

I apologize for not giving the immediate solution.

you: It's not your fault, I understand that you don't have any power to do something "manually"

you: But, as a gamer that has a bit of knowledge about this things

Chetan: I appreciate your understanding.

you: EA must do this

you: 1) Fix the mask creator and make it able to to publish mask ingame

you: 2) Fix the server related issue of online gameplay

Chetan: I sincerely do apologize for this issue.

you: 3) Assumere migliori impiegati

Chetan: That's why I'm escalating your issue as you've done all of the steps but your issue still persist.

you: Chetan, I have nothing againts you

you: This issue are encountered by an huge numbers of other players

Chetan: Thanks for your understanding.

you: 360 and PS3 alike

Chetan: I can understand your anxiousness with this. Had I been in your place, I would have felt the same.

you: Not just me

Chetan: Yes, most of the customers are facing this issue.

Chetan: And we have also reported the same.

you: Ok Chetan,

you: These are the problem of this game

you: Besides the other problem relating the DLC; but gamers have found a fix for that

you: Is still not very good from EA to leave customers with broken features and have them to test working solutions :(

Chetan: Yes, and our team are working on it, to get this issue resolved.

you: Well, I have nothing more to say

you: I already explained with many details problems and possible solutions

Chetan: No worries I'll escalate your issue and you get the reply soon.

Chetan: As I'm escalating your issue on priority basis.

you: Could also account the DLC problems?

you: The DLC problems got a fix

you: Fix from players, not from EA

Chetan: Sure your all of the issues gets fixed.

you: The most severe is mask and servers

Chetan: I'll also mention that you get the issues with the DLC as well.

Chetan: Yes, I know.

Chetan: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: No, thank you for your time and patience

you: Bye, Chetan

Chetan: You're welcome.

Chetan: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Sorry for double post.

This how it turned out. Of course, nothing is resolved. EA is the same bunch of incompetents. I'm sorry of all of you that wanted to do this game.

This how it turned out. Of course, nothing is resolved. EA is the same bunch of incompetents. I'm sorry of all of you that wanted to do this game.

Yeah, see, you had PS+ to back up your save file. I unfortunately didn't. Anyone reading this: DON'T DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE IF THEY ASK YOU TO! It resolves nothing. But anyway. Yeah, thanks for posting your convo; seems like you had quite the chat. Honestly, when reading these, it confuses me so much on whether if these people are actually people or machines, because they all reply with the same answers. It's like how I use to play Checkers online; you couldn't type to people and could only send messages that were already there -- you'd just click and send on the one you wanted to say to your opponent (like Your Move, Good Game, etc.). Pre-programmed messages.

They'll get the online back up. Look at this thread for example -- it's gaining some attention on EA's site. I too have posted in that thread and more people are posting in it now. The latest post also states he's done all the required steps the online live chat people tell you to do without anything working. One of them even deleted their save file like me. So I'm not the only unfortunate one falling for that nasty trick.

This is getting out there, and hopefully EA finally sees this damn issue and fixes this shit. The game may be a little over 2 years old, but the next game doesn't come out for another 7 months. That's how I look at it. EA just likes to close game servers after 2 years, though. This is the reason why game rental services only purchase a few copies of EA games, because eventually they know the online is going to go down and the ones renting it are not trophy hunters; just people who want to check out the game and play it for the game itself.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Hey Rafdog,

I had another little chat with the live helpdesk of ea. You know what's the probem with ea? They host to many damn games with their servers. Everyone will have complained once in their live about the crappy connection. Think about FIFA that freezes A LOT.

Anyways, I recommend EVERYBODY to start complaining about the servers of AoT: The 40th day. That way they will hurry up and fix it. When it's back up, make it your primary objective completing the online trophies, because we all know the servers will shut down once the new AoT arrives.

I also asked about the level 5 technical support team and now i have to call the helpdesk in my country. I will post everything here as soon as i can call.

Edited by platinumoriginz

Yeah, see, you had PS+ to back up your save file. I unfortunately didn't. Anyone reading this: DON'T DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE IF THEY ASK YOU TO! It resolves nothing. But anyway. Yeah, thanks for posting your convo; seems like you had quite the chat. Honestly, when reading these, it confuses me so much on whether if these people are actually people or machines, because they all reply with the same answers. It's like how I use to play Checkers online; you couldn't type to people and could only send messages that were already there -- you'd just click and send on the one you wanted to say to your opponent (like Your Move, Good Game, etc.). Pre-programmed messages.

First of all.

If you didn't read, I have already all online trophies. I was trying to help you guys (and also my friends on 360).

Second, I never deleted anything! I was just "pretending" it because I know what will happen if you delete the save game. I have all my weapons maxed out and 4600 kills for the Beast, not gonna lose all my hard progress. I really love this game, I don't love how EA supports it.

Hey Rafdog,

I had another little chat with the live helpdesk of ea. You know what's the probem with ea? They host to many damn games with their servers. Everyone will have complained once in their live about the crappy connection. Think about FIFA that freezes A LOT.

Anyways, I recommend EVERYBODY to start complaining about the servers of AoT: The 40th day. That way they will hurry up and fix it. When it's back up, make it your primary objective completing the online trophies, because we all know the servers will shut down once the new AoT arrives.

I also asked about the level 5 technical support team and now i have to call the helpdesk in my country. I will post everything here as soon as i can call.

Yeah, obviously once the online is fixed I'll be working on the online trophies. Not because they're the last ones I need, but because we all know they'll take down the servers once The Devil's Cartel is out in March. (Also to Platinum it and make my DLC trophies ding.)

I just had a live chat with another person and asked for level 5 technical support and will be receiving an e-mail from their 'game experts' in 3-7 business days. God help them if they send me a bullshit e-mail with troubleshooting information.

I'll post my new live chat convo after replying to all these quotes.

First of all.

If you didn't read, I have already all online trophies. I was trying to help you guys (and also my friends on 360).

Second, I never deleted anything! I was just "pretending" it because I know what will happen if you delete the save game. I have all my weapons maxed out and 4600 kills for the Beast, not gonna lose all my hard progress. I really love this game, I don't love how EA supports it.

Yeah, I've assumed you already Platinum'd this game. And I had much more than your game file lol. Over 6,666 kills; maxed out weapons/all camo's/accessories; and a whole bunch of other things.

The only thing I'm sad about deleting my save file from it being apparently 'corrupted' was losing my custom masks that I sent the game. But the good news is that I refreshed my masks and I still had them. :D So honestly, I really don't care about losing everything else; I can always gain all that other stuff back and already have the trophy for all the in-game stuff, so no biggy. Much like you, I too love the AoT games and play them all the time, so gaining all that stuff back will be a breeze. I know all the farming hotspots and easy ways to earn quick cash in the games.

You and I definitely should play The Devil's Cartel together with it comes out next year. We'd have a blast! And I'll make sure to make it my top priority Platinum on my list when I get it.

Seems like you're all talking to a bunch of corporate drones with no personality what-so-ever - exactly what I'd expect from EA. :rolleyes:

Oh well, just hope these problems get sorted out. I'd like to play this game before the servers go offline for good.

That's exactly what we're getting. Hey, it's not their fault; they're getting paid; that's what matters to them. They don't give a damn if we can or cant play online in a game. Maybe some do, but the rest probably don't care.

Are you wanting to play the game because you need to Platinum it or just want to play the online one last time?

-------

Now, as for my end. I had another convo with a live chat a few moments ago and here's the conversation (short but to the point):

You are now ready to chat with Abhishek.

you: Hello.

Abhishek: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Abhishek how may I help you?

Abhishek: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Abhishek how may I help you?

you: Yes, I need to request EA Level 5 Technical Support please.

Abhishek: Raffi*may*I*have*your*issue*please*I'll do my best to figure it out for you.*

you: I'm having connectivity issues in Army of Two: The 40th Day. My game file is not corrupt, nor is there an issue with my router/modem or my PS3. The issue is from EA's servers and would like this to get fixed already.

Abhishek: I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I'll do my best to address your concern.*

Abhishek: Would you mind holding for a couple of minutes while I fetch the relevant information?*

you: I've already had a conversation with another live chat person a few days ago and he sent the information to the technical support staff to fix this issue but it is not fixed yet.

Abhishek: I*am*afraid*but*Servers*of*this*game*was*permanently*down.

you: They are not down. The servers for the original Army of Two are down. The 40th Day is the sequel. The servers are still up as I can get online but not be able to connect to any players.

you: This issue happened when EA converted the previous AoT site into the new one for the new game. This is all happening because of that. I was able to play up until August 1st, and after that I am no longer able to connect with anyone online. This is very frustrating and no one seems to be able to do anything about it to fix it.

Abhishek: Sorry*for*the*confusion.*

Abhishek: I'm still looking into your issue. Thanks for your patience.

you: There is nothing you yourself can do to help me out. I need to speak with someone who can fix the online issues from the server end.

you: Another person advised me to speak to level 5 technicall support, hence why I'm requesting for it.

Abhishek: Okay.*

you: ?

Abhishek: Raffi*I*am*escalating*your*issue*to*our*higher*support*and*they*will*investigate*your*issue*and*then*they*will*provide*you*better*resolution*of*this*issue.*

Abhishek: And*they*will*contact*you*via*e-mail.

you: Finally.

Abhishek: And*it*will*take*3*to*7*working*days.

you: That's fine with me, as long as someone can fix this damn issue. It's been over a week and no one in the world can connect to each other and EA isn't doing a damn thing about it.

you: Their scheduled maintenance is what screwed this up in the first place.

Abhishek: I apologize for the inconvenience caused.*

you: I don't mean to be rude, but this is getting ridiculous.

Abhishek: You have a valid reason to be disappointed.

you: So who is it that will be contacting me?

Abhishek: Our*game*experts.*will*contact*you*via*mail.

you: Because I've obtained e-mail 'help' once before and it was a bunch of bogus information about troubleshooting and all that nonsense. There is nothing wrong on my end; EA needs to fix their servers for the dang game.

you: Is there any way I can have a live chat with them or a phone call?

you: That would be easier.

Abhishek: I*am*afraid*but*there*is*no*way.

you: All right.

you: Well, thank you for your help and I hope this issue is fixed.

Abhishek: Thank*you*for*understanding.

Abhishek: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: That's all for today. Thank you.

Abhishek: If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!

Abhishek: We are available 24 by 7 to help our customers with any issue they face with our games.*

you: I'm good for now. Hopefully the game experts will help me out now. Thank you and have a nice day.

Abhishek: Have*a*nice*day*you*too.*

Abhishek: Yes*sure*they*will*help*you.*

Your chat session has ended.

I really hate being a dick about these things, but it's been over a week since we've been able to play online/connect to anyone. So it's about time I get some real help. But like I said earlier, if their 'game experts' send me some bogus e-mail with troubleshoot info or something that I know wont help me out, then may God have mercy on their drone souls lol. I'm really hoping their e-mail is somewhat useful, because this just sucks.

Oh and get this: I had a dream last night that I was able to connect online and play online. I joined a quick match and got into a lobby with 4 players in an instant and started to play. I had some kind of custom weapon set that had a pump Shotgun (was getting head shots lol) and a grenade launcher. Then when I woke up, the first thing I did was turn on my PS3 and try to play online, but same issue. :( It was a great dream.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Hey Rafdog

I had my chat with the support team and I have to say it was worth waiting 30 min waiting for someone to help me. What I learned is that it is an issue and the servers wil not close. The reason why they can't close them is because they have to announce that 2 WEEKS BEFORE shut-down. The servers need to be working the two weeks before shut-down though. This guy looked it up and said there wasn't any announcement about closure. SO the servers will run again!

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that people keep reporting the issue BECAUSE they were aware of the issue but only on xbox. SO keep reporting the problem for ps3!

Hey Rafdog

I had my chat with the support team and I have to say it was worth waiting 30 min waiting for someone to help me. What I learned is that it is an issue and the servers wil not close. The reason why they can't close them is because they have to announce that 2 WEEKS BEFORE shut-down. The servers need to be working the two weeks before shut-down though. This guy looked it up and said there wasn't any announcement about closure. SO the servers will run again!

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that people keep reporting the issue BECAUSE they were aware of the issue but only on xbox. SO keep reporting the problem for ps3!

Awesome job, dude. Did he give a time on when the online issue might be fixed? Any kind of time frame would be helpful to know. I always try to ask for that stuff, but they never can give me a correct ETA.

I tried to play a game online again, and no dice. Been waiting for like an hour and no one has joined the match. It has yet to be fixed.

That's a good thing about giving us information about servers being shut down with a 2-week notification.

Before I complain more, I'll wait for my e-mail reply from EA's 'game experts.' If they give me some bogus information, then I'll make sure to call them up or strike up another live chat.

At this rate, we'll be able to get the online fixed. We're finally getting in contact with the right people.

~ Rafdog89

Hey guys

An exact ETA wasn't given but he said that it would be a progress of 2 weeks. To be honest, I wouldn't be to faitful, because he was just guessing I guess. Anyways, they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed soon. I now got all the other trophies so let's wait for the servers to get fixed.

Greetz